No announcement yet.

Horror Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love (and live only a few minutes away) from where the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
      ...But Friday the 13Th shouldn't be Frankinstein, it should be a realistic slasher. That's why Texas chainsaw and Wrong turn get my vote all the way!
      I think of Texas CM and Halloween (at first) more in the "just human" killer category. Pretty much by Friday 3 it was clear Jason was an unstoppable force. Realism isn't a requirement for me at all. I love Freddy and Chucky movies too.

I did like how they went the "realistic" route in the remake though.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
      ...8 through 10 were dogshit. Loved Freddy vs Jason. Really liked the remake too...
      At least #9 (JGtH) tried to do something different. And it had that great teaser for Freddy vs. Jason.

I've seen that. Did you like Bad Taste? Meet The Feebles?
      I still can't get my hands on a copy of Meet the Feebles but I've seen his horror flicks. Bad Taste is some of the most whacked out stuff I've ever seen in horror.

Originally posted by Razorgod View Post
      Yeah, because Jason's story up until being brought back to life by lightning was so realistic. I'm always taken back everytime I hear about a dead little retarded boy coming back to life and stalking camp counselors.....

Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
      Yeah...they lost me when he went from rotting little scrawny boy to big hulking guy in a hockey mask.
      The original is still my favorite. It's just fun and that Jason could easily be a dream.

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
      I love (and live only a few minutes away) from where the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was shot.
      Where is that? I've probably heard but don't remember. The original TCM is one of the few horror movies that actually freaks me out. Hooper did so much with so little.
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 04-08-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

I watched this today, and it was a lot better than I expected. John Carpenter's The Thing is one of my favorite horror movies, and I thought this provided a good service piece to it.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Yeah, because Jason's story up until being brought back to life by lightning was so realistic. I'm always taken back everytime I hear about a dead little retarded boy coming back to life and stalking camp counselors.....

+1

You've not seen true horror until you've seen showgirls in theaters.

Comment

i watched that documentary titled never sleep again that robinson and you mentioned

thats was pretty damn awesome

it was really cool to learn all that

has anyone watched a movie called brainscan?

it was pretty damn interesting
            .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

This is the one that did me in as a child:

At 7 years old, I didn't sleep the entire weekend and had to go to school counseling about it. In that sense, it is, to me, the most horrific movie of all time.

But my absolute favorite horror movie (which borders on adventure/drama) is this:

Comment

I'm a huge slasher fan. Halloween, TCM, Friday The 13th, all great stuff.

Part of me wishes F13 ended with part 4, which was a great way to end it. But the truth is I love the first 7 movies. 8 through 10 were dogshit. Loved Freddy vs Jason. Really liked the remake too.

For the record, part 5 is way underrated. Too many people overlook that movie because Jason wasn't in it, but I think it's got a lot going for it.
                A) Good taste, have you ever seen any of the wrong turns?
                B) I think they should have ended with an alternate part 6 when Tommy becomes Jason 2 and another little kid kills him.
                C) I've never seen Freddy V Jason, but i've always wanted to.
                D) 100% agree, 5 was a fuckin fantastic film, but under rated because Jason wasn't in it. Also, my favourate scene is at the begining where this fat guy keeps pissing people off and some dude just slashes his belly open with an axe! That is what should be in comedeys instead of these stupid little lovey dovey ones you get.
                The "little retard" was never dead, his mother just pretended he was (I think, i've never actuly seen part 1) and even if he did just come back from the dead like that, that's still alot more realistic than having a metal spike or something in your cest, have a bit of lightning shoot you, and then come back to life just like that.

My favourate TCM film is the reboots prequel (Texas chainsaw: the begining), as it just has so much action in it, and not a bad plot eigther. Also, have any of you heard about this new TCM film coming out in 3D?
                Originally posted by IonFan
                (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                Originally posted by Quaker
                I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Doom View Post
                  This is the one that did me in as a child:At 7 years old, I didn't sleep the entire weekend and had to go to school counseling about it. In that sense, it is, to me, the most horrific movie of all time.

Didn't see it until I was in college, but I think it's the best horror ever. It's very disturbing.

A) Good taste, have you ever seen any of the wrong turns?
                  Also, have any of you heard about this new TCM film coming out in 3D?
                  No, I hadn't heard. Cool.

I saw the first Wrong Turn and liked it quite a bit. Is the sequel good?

Comment

The "little retard" was never dead, his mother just pretended he was (I think, i've never actuly seen part 1) and even if he did just come back from the dead like that, that's still alot more realistic than having a metal spike or something in your cest, have a bit of lightning shoot you, and then come back to life just like that.
                    You shouldn't make claims about movies you've never seen. None of this shit was realistic. Realism wasn't a huge concern with the makers of 70's and 80's horror. That's why horror from my childhood was so much fun.
                    Now you'd never call Erwin a "Wussy"
                    Nor label his working day "cushy"
                    But you might have to question
                    His endless obsession
                    With superpositional pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      I saw the first Wrong Turn and liked it quite a bit. Is the sequel good?
                      The sequel, wrong turn 2 is the best one. 3 was ok, but not as good as the first 2, and I haven't seen 4 (A prequel), but a freind saw it and said it was ok.
                      You shouldn't make claims about movies you've never seen. None of this shit was realistic. Realism wasn't a huge concern with the makers of 70's and 80's horror. That's why horror from my childhood was so much fun.
                      Well you're right there, but still, retards coming back to life (?) is still more realistic than a bit of lightning bringing you back from the dead. Anyway, if unrealism is what makes 70s and 90s films so good, that's proberbly why I prefer the remakes and more modern films. For example, I saw TCM 2 and thought it was a bit crappy, but then I saw the remake and it was fantastic. The prequel was even better. I never did see the oringinal TCM though, is it good?
                      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

...For example, I saw TCM 2 and thought it was a bit crappy, but then I saw the remake and it was fantastic. The prequel was even better. I never did see the oringinal TCM though, is it good?
                        Oh my goodness, you definitely have to see the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Even if you don't like it, it's so famous in horror circles that you should see it at least once. IMHO it's the best of the Texas franchise and it's in my top 10 horror list. It's about 100x better than TCM2. And actually the best parts of TCM2 are only repeating the formula from #1 anyway.

Comment

Wow, so it's good then. Have you seen Texas Chainsaw: The begining?

Comment

Love the original TCM. The remake was awesome and one of the only horror remakes to actually be worthwhile. The prequel to the remake might even be better. I flipflop back and forth on which one I like better.

Parts 2, 3, and 4 of the old series are terrible, and get worse in that order. Though there are some aspects of part 2 that I find entertaining. When I upgraded my horror movies from VHS to DVD, I got rid of those movies and pretend they don't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post

I watched this today, and it was a lot better than I expected. John Carpenter's The Thing is one of my favorite horror movies, and I thought this provided a good service piece to it.
                              FUCKING RIGHT!!!

Don't even get me started, John Carpenter's The Thing is my all time favorite horror movie. And I like all 3 movies (even the '51 original is a charmer). I think the '11 prequel was VERY well done and a great bookend to the '82 remake. It's a shame it was overlooked by pretty much everybody at the boxoffice. I saw it three times in the theater in an effort to support it.

Comment

Wow, so it's good then. Have you seen Texas Chainsaw: The begining?
                                Just stick with those three. They're all great. Forget the others.

This Halloween the new TCM sequel is coming out, which is supposed to act as an actual sequel to the original Hooper film and forgets everything else. I was prepared to avoid it altogether, but there are some people working on it that give the movie a bit of a pedigree. Now I'm going to give it a shot.

But I'm still let down that Platinum Dunes didn't get to do that 3rd film in the remake series; I was really hoping for one in the middle where we got the story of the female hitchhiker.

Comment

Working...
                                X