THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
      I wonder how Raker feels right now.
      Who's Raker?

Comment

Originally posted by Coad14 View Post
        and who is to say it lasts? It can always "unhappen" next issue
        Accept the next issue is not till september, which with along build up, for them to change him back the next issue would be stupid, him getting a ring in the first place is stupid, I know Mongo is gone, but really are the rings that dumb they cant tell the difference between a petty criminal and mass murderer?

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

f@ck Raker what about Kyle? this man had his mom killed ( or has that been rebooted too)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by LanternJordan2814 View Post
            Who's Raker?

I pray you never have to find out, youre on of the lucky ones.

Lets just say he is a user on here who was very against anyone but Hal Jordon being the GL of earth sector, before that GJ could do no wrong, but now his God GJ has turned to Devil.

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
            f@ck Raker what about Kyle? this man had his mom killed ( or has that been rebooted too)
            No she got a Green Ring as well.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

The only criteria hard-wired into the rings programming is "seek out those most able to overcome great fear" (Sinestro had already been a Green Lantern So, he's already proven to be able to do so.) I guess the Guardians never thought to put a built in reject command on the rings to prevent them from choosing anyone already kicked out of the corps.

(as strange as it seems Sinestro had that very foresight as his rings were designed to reject any potential users who were detected to have already used a GL ring)
              Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

I don't know why any of you are displeased with this. Not only could it turn out some very interesting stories and character development for Sinestro and Hal (unless those of you who think Hal is a cardboard cutout want to keep hating him?), but it has clearly been planned for a while, at least since SCW because they've been hinting towards Sinestro not being so bad since then. They've also been showing us just how scared the Guardians can really be, and that if they think someone is getting too powerful, they'll take them out, which is what they did with Hal. Maybe it's just me, but I think a conclusion that's been hinted at/built up for years is a good one.

Comment

thread merging.

Comment

So let's see what DC is doing with the GL franchise this summer:

*released a movie with horrible scripting and pacing problems, which could have easily been a better film

*delayed the conclusion to the "next big event," The War of the Green Lanterns, which turned out to not be such a big event, certainly not big enough to get the ending out on time

*delayed the release of the movie prequels so that they are released AFTER the movie has left theaters

*initiated what looks like a horrid retcon/reboot of their mythos, AGAIN

*replaced Hal Jordan, whose return to the status of GL was a huge success, with a character who's only interesting in the role of fallen hero/villain

This is the final nail in the coffin. I'm taking GL off my my pull list after seven years (since Rebirth).

I may return when Hal Jordan is starring again, but no guarantees.

Looks like I've reached that point where all the best stories are back issues, esp. for Superman and GL.

Comment

Originally posted by evercharmer View Post
                      I don't know why any of you are displeased with this. Not only could it turn out some very interesting stories and character development for Sinestro and Hal (unless those of you who think Hal is a cardboard cutout want to keep hating him?), but it has clearly been planned for a while, at least since SCW because they've been hinting towards Sinestro not being so bad since then. They've also been showing us just how scared the Guardians can really be, and that if they think someone is getting too powerful, they'll take them out, which is what they did with Hal. Maybe it's just me, but I think a conclusion that's been hinted at/built up for years is a good one.
                      Well I guess you can look at it like that, but I dont like it.

Sinestro as a good guy with issues, that wont go down very well I think, he was making a great Villian, seeing him in Green is just to me.

He made a great opposite to Hal, so now what? I dunno.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                        Well I guess you can look at it like that, but I dont like it.

Sinestro as a good guy with issues, that wont go down very well I think, he was making a great Villian, seeing him in Green is just to me.

He made a great opposite to Hal, so now what? I dunno.
                        He does make a great villain, but that's because of his past and because of his characterization, which I think also allows room for him to make a great hero too.

Of course, I agree he made a wonderful opposite to Hal. As long as they still end up having interactions, though, I see no problems. If this takes out their interactions (I don't think it will, but still) then yeah, it won't turn out good, or at least not nearly as good as it could.

The fact that it can go wrong, however, does not make it a bad conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by evercharmer View Post
                          I don't like it because it doesn't seem to make sense. Given all that Sinestro has done, for him to be a GL again is inconceivable. Unless they present a Parallax-like explanation for all his villainy, which frankly, since he was conceived as a villain, would ruin the character, IMHO. I can see plenty of plausible scenarios where he GETS a ring again, but none where he is ALLOWED to keep it, much less given a Sector to patrol.

Comment

Many of you are forgetting a key issue:

War of the Green Lanterns - Aftermath

I think a lot of the what ifs will be addressed there....particularly what is next for Hal & Sinestro.

I think Hal will be central to GL VOL 5.....my gut feeling is that it will be the Hal/Thaal story.

Comment

I have read this issue, actually I quiet enjoyed it, until the ending...

Sinestro is a excellent character, but he can't be so shining without being opposite to Hal, I think anyone has common sense knows this, including Johns. Now I'm sure Johns loves Sinestro more than Hal, but I still have fatith in Johns, because as a successful writer he should know how to avoid his favorite character to become boring.

But really...what's happening this summer? Ed Brubaker allowed other guy to kill his Bucky Cap, and now Johns replaced his Golden Boy Hal with a villian... no wonder it's said 2012 will be the end of the world.

Poor Hal, I believe he will return in GL v5 #1, but this time it's really unfair to him.

Comment

What's interesting while there freaked out that Hal killed Krona, but they're going to let Kyle run around with the other Corps?

Oh, and what happened to the entities? Were they purged from the Guardians? Where'd they go? I know Ophidian being put back in the Orange CPB was a big deal. And you'd assume Ion would stick around and Parallax being contained would be a biggie?

Comment

Working...
                                X