No announcement yet.

The Video Thread, vol. 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Bad is the greatest show there ever WAS or ever WILL be!! How could you not have finished it?!?!?

Comment

• I know you have a penchant for old timey things (which I DO love about you, and share that), but I'm surprised that you don't enjoy the modern plot driven shows. It's always referred to as a new golden age of tv, and I agree. So many high quality shows now that were never possible until now. I would have pegged you at least for a LOST fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
        Breaking Bad is the greatest show there ever WAS or ever WILL be!! How could you not have finished it?!?!?
        Well, to be fair, I only started it a week ago and I'm on vacation (with so so wifi). I'll continue it; I just want to space it out.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
        I know you have a penchant for old timey things (which I DO love about you, and share that), but I'm surprised that you don't enjoy the modern plot driven shows. It's always referred to as a new golden age of tv, and I agree. So many high quality shows now that were never possible until now. I would have pegged you at least for a LOST fan.
        I did watch it until the first few episodes of season two (when the other people on the island were revealed), then I felt like they were just dragging it out and instead of answering questions making more, so I was like "I don't know what the friggin' number is; I don't know what the invisible creature is and I've spent hours of my time on this. Forget it." I don't like having to think of details from episode 2 when I'm watching episode 15. I want it resolved when the credits role.

I do get the addiction side though. I've come to love Dark Shadows and since it's a soap opera, you can't get much more strung-out, long-game than that. When I get in a DS mood, I watch a lot of it.

To be fair, some of these unwatched shows have more to do with logistics than being against them per se. I don't have cable on either of my TVs and my fam doesn't have any premiums so that leaves DVDs and Instant Netflix. But also I consider movies, books, comics, and music all more important to my entertainment life than TV, so there's the time element too. When it comes down to it, I'd rather watch ten movies I've never seen before than a season of some show everyone is raving about. At least the movie, when it's done, it's done. I can discuss it and know the whole story without having to wait weeks or years to see how it's resolved.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 08-23-2017, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• So, on a whim, I decided to look this up and actually found it. I remembered as a kid (at 10 it turns out) seeing a Macy's Day Parade Marvel float to the song "I'm Holding Out for a Hero" and thinking it was like the coolest thing in a parade ever (I was into Marvel at the time). Actually, the nostalgic and campy side of me still likes this and it's cool how many characters they included. It also amuses me that they thought Wonder Woman was there!

+ YouTube Video
          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

One comment on Youtube said it looked like Dardevil and Magneto sneak off to make out . . . watched it again and danged if he's not right. Gosh darn it's so 80s!
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 09-30-2020, 04:06 AM.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• + YouTube Video

Comment

• Someone did a mashup of the new trailers from SDCC with the images from the Cats trailer and the audio for It 2:

+ YouTube Video

Comment

• + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnkTUKtxRic" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnkTUKtxRic"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnkTUKtxRic" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Working...
                  X