Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see why somebody higher up thought it was a neat idea... but I can't believe they wasted talent on this project. I had to double check that one character wasn't a redesigned New 52 Adam Strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      Jim Lee personally helped raise $600,000+ dollars for brick and mortar shops via his sketch drive, so no, I don't think he has a vendetta
      And yet it's sending very mixed messages to constantly undercut and inconvenience the direct market. Where I previously had a profit margin of a dollar and some change on every sold DC book, it's now less than 70 cents. Which means that I just cannot take risks on new titles and one-shots as much as I used to. And now not only do I not get to sell the final issues of Supergirl and the Terrifics, books that several of my customers had on their pull lists, they now add new titles that I don't get to sell at all?
      At a time where a massive worldwide pandemic has already cut into most of my reserves?

You really think DC editorial is behind a marketing push for HBO MAX which is AT&T's new baby? This has probably been in the works in some form since HBO MAX was announced back in 2018, way before the pandemic.[*]You really think the below is competing against the product you sell in your store in any way? Who is this even for?
      DC completists, for once? Fans of the cover artists? I mean, these books have artwork by Jim Lee and Amanda Conner. I could have sold a copy or two of these titles. Maybe more.

Comment

• Chris Farley playing Harley Quinn artwork is the stuff of nightmares
        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Aww. They took it down. Bummer.

Comment

• Still there for me

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Still there for me
              Weird. Even this morning on the iPad it still says “Post removed by moderators.” However, I think I found it through Google.

Comment

• "Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/Art."
                You probably still have the original page in your cache.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                  "Sorry, this post has been removed by the moderators of r/Art."
                  You probably still have the original page in your cache.
                  Except I didn't look at it until after I read that Space Cop couldn't see it, so I can't see how it would be in my cache...

Interestingly, the page doesn't load at all on my desktop. When I successfully linked to it, it was with my iPhone.

EDIT: Now it loads on my desktop, too. It has the message you mentioned, but the picture appears right below it for me (and it can't have been in my cache, because, once again, this is the first time I've linked to it on this machine.)
                  Mister Ed
                  Horse of a Different Color
                  Last edited by Mister Ed; 06-18-2020, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Okay, that's super weird. But a friend of mine sent it to me via messenger. So I won't be able to unsee it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                      And yet it's sending very mixed messages to constantly undercut and inconvenience the direct market. Where I previously had a profit margin of a dollar and some change on every sold DC book, it's now less than 70 cents. Which means that I just cannot take risks on new titles and one-shots as much as I used to. And now not only do I not get to sell the final issues of Supergirl and the Terrifics, books that several of my customers had on their pull lists, they now add new titles that I don't get to sell at all?
                      At a time where a massive worldwide pandemic has already cut into most of my reserves?
                      In terms of overseas shipping DC certainly shit the bed on that but per Bleeding Cool it wasn't malicious, they apparently didn't realize the cost savings on shipping Diamond UK provided. So not a vendetta, they're just bad at their jobs. Which isn't really a surprise.

As for the issues that switched to digital only, Marvel is doing the same thing for certain books so I don't see it as vendetta, it's just more evidence of the pandemic fucking stuff up.

DC completists, for once? Fans of the cover artists? I mean, these books have artwork by Jim Lee and Amanda Conner. I could have sold a copy or two of these titles. Maybe more.
                      Obviously only you know your customers but I have a hard time seeing there being more than a few hundred people in the entire world that are in the market for what is an obvious marketing tactic for HBO Max from the creative teams of Cohen/Eaton, Cohen/Prasetya and Cohen/Braga.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      Now it loads on my desktop, too. It has the message you mentioned, but the picture appears right below it for me (and it can't have been in my cache, because, once again, this is the first time I've linked to it on this machine.)
                      Same.

Comment

• DC Comics 4-packs to replace 100-page Walmart giants
                        DC Comics is swapping out its 100-page Walmart giants for shrink-wrapped packages of four recent individual comics, the publisher announced Thursday in a press release.

In fact, that product has already started shipping to stores, and it will be in roughly 2,900 Walmarts by July 21. Each four-pack will retail at a price point of $8.98. The new thing about these is that they will also contain backing boards featuring a different DC superhero as illustrated by Ivan Reis. When put together, the boards will form the Justice League.

Comment

• I guess that means Swamp Thing Giant wont be a thing I have to chase down every month for anymore. #6 will be the final issue, and even that may never see print and be the one issue that was digital only.

Comment

• ^When I first read the headline I was hoping it meant reprints going to local comic shops. Oh well.

Comment

• Death Metal's JSA Debut Includes a Tearful Speedster Reunion

Comment

• Collections for 2021 have started popping up on the Penguin Random House website, here are some that caught my eye:

Comment

Working...
                                X