The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 5
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 5
View Poll Results: Rate GL #1
* 2 3.70%
** 3 5.56%
*** 11 20.37%
**** 22 40.74%
***** 16 29.63%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #51
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

does anyone know how long he will stay like this?

im not against it but this is something that would be good to know that way people wont think it's a permanent thing

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:27 AM   #52
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

FUCK THE GREEN LANTERN FRANCHISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KYLE RAYNER HAS HIS OWN TITLE, AND HAL GET'S KICKED FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK THIS NOISE

I'm done with Green Lantern. *goes to read better comics*
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:49 AM   #53
Logain
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
does anyone know how long he will stay like this?

im not against it but this is something that would be good to know that way people wont think it's a permanent thing
With him being the star of the new Green Lantern book and this being such a big change I imagine it will last for some time.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:56 AM   #54
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logain View Post
With him being the star of the new Green Lantern book and this being such a big change I imagine it will last for some time.
but still i think people tend to over react.

if you cut through all the complaing they will still buy it regardless.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:00 AM   #55
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

I am not as pissed off as I was now sense I read Green Lantern #67. I am intrigued to see the direction with Sinestro and just waiting to see when Hal's storyline continued.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #56
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Ron Marz making Sinestro fight for the Guardians. That was stupid. This could work. I can think of a billion reasons the Guardians would reinstate him. but lets just point the obvious. HE WAS THE BEST GREEN LANTERN EVER!

I know every body wants to hate on this. But just chill, because this is not going to last. This is just another hook.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #57
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
Ron Marz making Sinestro fight for the Guardians. That was stupid. This could work. I can think of a billion reasons the Guardians would reinstate him. but lets just point the obvious. HE WAS THE BEST GREEN LANTERN EVER!

I know every body wants to hate on this. But just chill, because this is not going to last. This is just another hook.
THEY JUST FOUGHT A UNIVERSAL WAR WITH HIM!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE LIKE MAKING HITLER THE GENERAL OF THE US ARMY AFTER WWII.

It's a retarded decision.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #58
Logain
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Quote:

Would be a pretty weak hook.
Making him a new G.L and giving him the star role as 2814's Green Lantern...then taking it all BACK and putting someone else?

When the DCNU comes out I think they will want to create a sense of continuity for fans as we adjust to the changes.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:34 AM   #59
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Quote:

I didn't see Sinestro stop and kill Krona, help beat Parallax, and beat Nekron twice.

Hal > Sinestro.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
GreenLantern888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:51 AM   #60
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

Oh.
HELL.
NO.
!!!

why Geoff, WHY???

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:17 AM   #61
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
THEY JUST FOUGHT A UNIVERSAL WAR WITH HIM!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE LIKE MAKING HITLER THE GENERAL OF THE US ARMY AFTER WWII.

It's a retarded decision.
Wrong. Hitler was nothing before he was King o the Nazis. Sinestro was the greates GL ever. Hitler would have had to have been Americas best president first. Then become the Hitler we all know and hate for that comparison to hold water.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #62
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
Wrong. Hitler was nothing before he was King o the Nazis. Sinestro was the greates GL ever. Hitler would have had to have been Americas best president first. Then become the Hitler we all know and hate for that comparison to hold water.
It doesn't change the fact that the guardians would let A ENEMY OF THE CORPS still join there ranks. THEY JUST FOUGHT A UNIVERSAL WAR AGAINST HIM.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #63
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that the guardians would let A ENEMY OF THE CORPS still join there ranks. THEY JUST FOUGHT A UNIVERSAL WAR AGAINST HIM.
So it is okay when Ron Marz dose it in Emerald Twilight. But when Goeff dose it he is a big ass hole. You guys have not even given Goeff a chance to tell the story, Yet it is already being called retarded.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:37 AM   #64
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
So it is okay when Ron Marz dose it in Emerald Twilight. But when Goeff dose it he is a big ass hole. You guys have not even given Goeff a chance to tell the story, Yet it is already being called retarded.
When in the blue hell did I defend Ron Marz, stop painting us with one brush. I hated that in ET and I fucking hate it now.

Sinestro should never be a GL. Might as well revive Vader and make him a Jedi again
Old 07-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #65
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

HELL!
why not forget Hal & Sinestro all together and start over with Abin!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 AM   #66
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
When in the blue hell did I defend Ron Marz, stop painting us with one brush. I hated that in ET and I fucking hate it now.

Sinestro should never be a GL. Might as well revive Vader and make him a Jedi again
Fair enough about Marz . But seriously mass murder dose not realy bother the Guardians that much. Kyle Oblivion contruct mass murdered. Hal Parallax mass murderd.John destroyed an entire planet. but he is still Green Lantern.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:53 AM   #67
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Wiping out whole space sectors -- trillions upon trillions of lives -- isn't exactly something you can get a pass for, no matter how "great" of a GL he was. Unless, as others have pointed out, there's some kind of "he was under the influence of Parallax" excuse, but that would be bullshitty.

And if the Guardians just let Sinestro go about his merry way as a GL and then the GLs don't revolt or quit en masse as a result, that's even more insultingly horrific.

The only way I see this working logically is if he just takes his ring and runs with it, policing the universe as he sees fit while basically on the run from the other GLs and the Guardians. Though what can he accomplish as a GL with a GL ring that he couldn't with a yellow ring and his Sinestro Corps at his disposal?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #68
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Why is every one assuming he is getting a free pass? It may justbe a case of we need him for this one job. We dont like it,but it is our only hope. Stranger things have happend in the GL books. All Iam saying is dont jump the gun.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #69
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

heres a question id like to see get answered.

it wasnt that long ago when people started complaining about geoff johns giving hal all the diffrent colored rings. i also noticed people comlaining about how johns had a "" man crush"" for hal.

so i guess what im trying to ask is is it really geoff johns who is making this franchise be bad or is it its fans?

now i wanna point out this isnt the typical tazz is on some form of flame rant tyraid but if the stories arent that good why bother even reading them?

lets be real here not everything is gona be what it was and thats a given.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #70
Dr. Naysay
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
so i guess what im trying to ask is is it really geoff johns who is making this franchise be bad or is it its fans?
It's both.
Dr. Naysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #71
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
It's both.
thanks for the answer doc because i hate to say it but i was kinda leaning more torwards the fans the most.

im not saying everything jeff johns has done is perfect..

i think people ( including myself) tend to over exagurate.

heck i remember back during blackest night when someone mentioned hal turned into a black lantern and i admit i myself was like ok enough is enough. but in the end he was black lantern for what less then a panel?

the same could happen for sinestro being a gl but he may be nothing more than a couple pages in the next issue.

like the whole all 4 earth gl's were wearing diffrent rings. i thought ok that was pretty cool but alot of people just didnt like it.

i think 4 gl's is way to many and really is dragging sometimes but others enjoy it.

everyone has there likes and dislikes but it still cant hurt to try it out before judging

Old 07-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #72
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

I am a Green Fantern from way back. When Istarted reading ther was no bounty of Green Lantern figures on the market. There was only one title. It was damn near impossable to get your hands on a power ring to wear. GL fans have so much now. It is disturbing to me to see so much complaining . Old skoolers think back to those days. New schoolers try to imagine those dark times. We have so much to be thankful for. This is the year of the Green Lantern and I am celebrating my ass off. Wont you join me.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #73
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I am a Green Fantern from way back. When Istarted reading ther was no bounty of Green Lantern figures on the market. There was only one title. It was damn near impossable to get your hands on a power ring to wear. GL fans have so much now. It is disturbing to me to see so much complaining . Old skoolers think back to those days. New schoolers try to imagine those dark times. We have so much to be thankful for. This is the year of the Green Lantern and I am celebrating my ass off. Wont you join me.
thank you rotten!

i may not have as many years put in like you do but i agree.

the only time anyone should worry is if geoff johns decides to replace hal with justin bieber

Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #74
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

I am biased as a mofo when it comes to Sinestro. I would love ayear of Sinestro issues. The fact of the matter is that aint going to happen. Simply put Sinestro can not be replaced as a villian. It may be fun to ocassionaly have these kind of Sinestro on our side stories but it can never last. Where would GL be without its star villian? DC & Goeff did not spend all that time brining Hal back just to toss him a side again. Trust me this is just a temp thing.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #75
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I am biased as a mofo when it comes to Sinestro. I would love ayear of Sinestro issues. The fact of the matter is that aint going to happen. Simply put Sinestro can not be replaced as a villian. It may be fun to ocassionaly have these kind of Sinestro on our side stories but it can never last. Where would GL be without its star villian? DC & Goeff did not spend all that time brining Hal back just to toss him a side again. Trust me this is just a temp thing.
unless if they do a role reversal.

i thought and posted an idea that maybe sinestro replaces hal and hal replaces sinestro....

heres a good idea for a charachter development for hal. how does hal think and feel do to his banishment from the corps? what will he do in order to get that ring back?

and what of the comments from friends saying hal you havent taken that ring off have you?

is that a tease that maybe hal is hungry with having his own power? or does he like being the hero and will do anything to be that hero again?

im not suggesting have hal lead the sinestro corps or done another ring but they could turn him into some form of comming to be villain by having him lie to the people he's friends with and maybe even con some other races into making them believe the guardians are just pure evil.

this can also have members of the jla show a form of ok hal your not who your use to be