The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 05-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #951
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

I do understand that the value of $60 for a game means something to different people. For me, if I pay $60 for a game it had better impress me enough that I feel as though I can't play anything else due to its awesomeness. And that feeling better continue for days and into weeks. The last game I spent $60 was South Park: Stick of Truth, and as much as I enjoyed it I felt like it didn't live up to its value.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #952
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
I have to disagree. I have played all of the Beenox Spidey games and did not feel bad spending 60 bucks on them at all. Mine only cost 50, then again I did buy it for 360.
I haven't enjoyed a spider-man game since the first one on ps1.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #953
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

One of the lesser knowns, but I think this is my fav Spider-Man game...

cel-shading really fit the style

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #954
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #955
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Ultimate Spider-man was perfect in almost every way. I really really liked that one. That ps1 one is fanatastic as well.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #956
SocializingMogo
Corps Honor Guard

Who spends 60$ on any game? That's ridiculous.
SocializingMogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #957
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

It's very rare these days for me with the exception of a few like Spider-man or if there is a good pre-order item like the figures that came with Injustice.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #958
Space Cop
The Dandy

I think Injustice was the last game I bought new and full price. Back when I had a job, I probably bought 3 a year or so. Now, I don't even care. Games piss me off and raise my BP more often than they amuse me.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:37 AM   #959
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Since I like mixing up gameplay with cheat codes but also wanted a bit more challenge, I turned off Infinite Partner Health and Everything Costs $1 for RE4.

It doesn't significantly affect the progression through a new game, since good upgrades and weapons still take forever to get, but as I have Infinite Ammo and Infinite Health, I'm saving a ton of money for said upgrades, selling everything I don't need (and soon I'll sell a bunch of my weapons and replace them with better ones).
Old 05-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #960
Space Cop
The Dandy

Eh, I used to love Godmode for playing games after I beat them on every difficulty. I played MGS3 with invisibility many times.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:02 AM   #961
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I only use codes when:

1) The game becomes glitched and I'm forced to in order to progress (THQ's The Punisher, wherein I was unable to kill the final boss. Having beaten the entire game normally, I replayed the level and beat it)

2) The codes are harmless fun things (COD 4: Modern Warfare, specifically "Bad Year" code, which turns enemies into tires upon death)

3) The game is mercilessly difficult to the point where I can't get far without them (The Suffering, one of my favorite games of all time, had excellent design but a few flaws which forced me to replenish my health restoratives excessively. Also, the Gonzo Gun is too fun not to abuse).

4) I've beaten the game and am replaying purely for fun

5) I just want to screw around

I used to be incredible at N64 RE2, but that was very long ago and since then I've deteriorated at it; GC RE2 is not so difficult to me, but I use codes for that anyway since it's still the same game I've beaten dozens of times.

One of the most go-to, favorited codes of all time is Infinite Ammo. Some guns/weapons I love so much that I can't help but use them, and it pains me when they have a very limited supply of ammo. In Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, I used IA on this one machine gun (think it was the RPD), because only bosses carried it and therefore ammo was scarcer than with other guns.

It's kind of sad that many games don't have unlockable cheats, even just fun little things. Sometimes you get a game that has them, but most of the stuff you get are extra costumes or missions. Those are all well and good, but I miss seeing codes sometimes.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #962
Space Cop
The Dandy

Back when I was a NES and Genesis player they had something called "Game Genie." You clipped it on to the cartidge and if you put the codes in (they had quarterly magazine iirc) you could do all kinds of wacky things. I remember I liked it for Kid Chameleon because you could stay as one of his rare forms instead of waiting 12 levels for it.

Last edited by Space Cop; 05-03-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #963
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I never really needed codes because Easy Mode was enough. lol
Old 05-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #964
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I never really needed codes because Easy Mode was enough. lol
They didn't have easy back then.

In modern games, I only remember using a code once because the game was too difficult on normal. Like Agent suggested, Godmode and other codes are more about screwing around then needing to beat it.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #965
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I remember Game Genie. Never had one, or used one (nobody I played the games of had one), but I remember it well enough.

Game Shark, as well. Still have some of the old ones, selling them soon. Got Code Breaker, which I still use a bit.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #966
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post

I had the 1 on the right, bought mainly due to the fact that programming bugs in TMNT (would slow down to a crawl EVERY DAMN TIME I got to the Technodrome, which means my times was thrown and Id end up taking too many hits OR ending up in that lava) and Metal Gear Solid II (could run thru the entire game in record time but the door to the MG mkII simply WOULD NOT OPEN, which means SS would be stuck there.......forever) on the NES necessitated it.

man, does bad programming suck.....

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #967
Tazer

Yo.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...threat-to.aspx

Quote:
Comcast's New Cable Box Could Be a Major Threat to Microsoft's Xbox and Sony's PlayStation

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #968
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Nintendo Posts $456 Million Operating Loss as Wii U Console Struggles
Old 05-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #969
Fearless
Agent Orange

Also posted in the Pokemon thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Quote:
It has been announced by The Pokémon Company that new versions of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire are to be released on the Nintendo 3DS this year. These games, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming November 2014 worldwide. The press release lists these games as a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire and states "The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world. "
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #970
Fearless
Agent Orange

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn Hits Buzzer Beating Funding Goal of $450,000

Quote:
Shaquille O'Neal's fighting game Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn has managed to hit its $450,000 funding goal in its final day, with one person donating $35,000 to have Shaq be a DJ at their party and play a DJ set.

Remember Shaq Fu? If you don't, I don't blame you, as the fighting by EA was notoriously bad and its only redeeming quality was seeing Shaq duke it out against demons and other monstrosities in an alternate version of Japan. Well, regardless of how you feel about the game, another Shaq game is coming. Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn has managed to squeak by its Indiegogo campaign target of $450,000 in its final day. With just hours to spare before the funding drive stops, a couple of last-minute incentives were added which seemingly did the trick. Some of the donations were generous with six people donating $250 to receive a personalized voicemail from Shaq, another paid $4,000 to have lunch and a game of basketball at Shaq's house, while someone donated $20,000 to eat a meal with Shaq at a local restaurant (the donor will even pick up the check). Possibly the most ludicrous donation of all is that someone donated $35,000 for Shaq to travel at their party and play a DJ set -- oh, and of course, he'll also get a copy of the game, t-shirt and a poster.

Developed by Big Deez Productions, Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn will be a remake of 1996 fighter developed by Delphine Software and published by EA. The remake will see release on PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U

Setting aside the fact that Shaq is a multi-millionaire that can easily fund a game based on himself for $450,000, are people really that excited to see a remake of a mediocre game? With people donating tens of thousands of dollars, I guess that answers my question, though, it doesn't make it any less odd. How much would you donate to see Shaq's game released?
Old 05-07-2014, 04:24 PM   #971
Tazer

Yo.

I cant believe there were that many ppl who thought THAT game needed a sequel......

Tazer

Quote:
Old 05-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #972
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

I cant believe there were that many ppl who thought THAT game needed a sequel......

Tazer

Apparently not even Shaq thought so, but I'll be Barkley is now asking where his super-special-awesome video game is...
Old 05-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #973
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

I cant wait for Omega Ruby

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #974
Tazer

Yo.

I know this aint the forum for it, but Ima ask anyways: how da hell does see where hes going in BB's sig above this post?

THAT DUDE IS BLIND AS HELL!!

Tazer

Quote:
Old 05-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #975
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
I cant wait for Omega Ruby

Pfft! Alpha Sapphire is the way to go, son!