Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern Corps #39 *Preview/Spoilers*

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-p...tern-corps-39/

So sad this book is being cancelled and they're not bringing back this team.

Give 'em the evil look son!

Comment

Yeah I wasn't Jensen's biggest fan but I think he had some great potential and didn't want to see him go, and I'll take Chang's art over Tan's any day.

Comment

The issue was pretty good but I don't like the Xanshi callback at the end.

Comment

Damn good issue.Hated that Maro got captured, and Feska's mom died, but overall, it was a damn good issue.In some ways, the hero of it was Jruk, liked that he showed compassion to Feska, and comforted her after her loss, and the fact that he was adamant about protecting Zep. Also, glad that Daggle finally found his partner, albeit in trying circumstances.

Comment

White boots on the covers now?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              White boots on the covers now?
              I cringed when I saw it because it bugs the shit out of me. Then I thought of YOU seeing it and I giggled. I KNEW you'd bring it up!

Comment

I read it this morning. For the most part it was a pretty decent issue. The pacing was good, and jumped back and forth between Jeska and Daggle's stories at the right times. I liked the way Jruk interacted with Jeska here. For once he was more than a generic Klingon type and they were going somehwere with him in how he interacts with his peers. I like Daggle's quest and how it ties in with the main plot. Still hate the red panels, but the art was a bit stronger here and I liked the horror elements to the story.

Speaking of horror, I understand the narrative NEED to depower the Green Lanterns to tell a story. It helps convey to the reader that our heroes aren't safe. I get all that. It just feels like they've depowered them TOO much. Having a power ring is supposed to be having the most powerful weapon in the universe, but it feels like little more than a flashlight with a life support system as of late. The GLs always seem to be on the verge of getting their asses handed to them, no matter how much beneath them the threat should be. I don't like that ANYBODY can kill a GL.

Still, a very effective issue, right until the last page...

...WTF?!?!? AGAIN? Why can't they let it go!?!? How is John supposed to get past Xanshi if the writers keep bringing it up? Us John fans got over it after it HAPPENED, back in the fucking 80s! Please stop beating that dead horse!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
                  ...Speaking of horror, I understand the narrative NEED to depower the Green Lanterns to tell a story. It helps convey to the reader that our heroes aren't safe. I get all that. It just feels like they've depowered them TOO much. Having a power ring is supposed to be having the most powerful weapon in the universe, but it feels like little more than a flashlight with a life support system as of late. The GLs always seem to be on the verge of getting their asses handed to them, no matter how much beneath them the threat should be. I don't like that ANYBODY can kill a GL...
                  Yeah, at this point, I think you could just walk up and shoot one. Hell, you can probably punch them in the nose and take 'em down.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Yeah, at this point, I think you could just walk up and shoot one.
                    Not Baz, though. He's got a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      Wait a minute... you guys aren't thinking what I'm thinking, are you? What if after some kind of calamity, Hal is the only one left with a working ring and the other ex-Lanterns band together as some kind of Guardians of the Galaxy-type peacekeeper force? Fighting topical villains? Leading the way being Baz and his damn gun.

Wonder who could or would orchestrate such a thing...

Comment

Yep and the current circumstances seem to justify his choice. I'd pack a backup weapon too.

Comment

And Jruk no joke with that ax!

Comment

Working...
                          X