The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
View Poll Results: Rate Flashpoint
* 2 8.70%
** 5 21.74%
*** 5 21.74%
**** 9 39.13%
***** 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #701
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordan15 View Post
well, has any1 even thought about Firestorm, i saw a countdown in bd 24, and a countdown in the beggining of Flashpoint. Do you guys possibly think the matrix couldve altered time when it goes kaboom? Or maybe firestorms gonna get his own comic now, or idk... what do you all think? am i just blowing smoke out my ass?
Professor Zoom caused this new reality. Not Firestorm.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #702
HalJordan15
Guy's Drinking Buddy

ok... lol... then i wonder if after flashpoint a new thing will ocur with him, cause in 90 or so he was supposed to dettonate...
Old 05-17-2011, 02:43 AM   #703
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

It may show up in Brightest Day Aftermath...
Old 05-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #704
War of Light Vet
Hal's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
Those Manhunters look like the ones from the game.
Plus with the way Abin's uniform is, looks like DC used Flashpoint as their 'Film to Comics' artistic direction. I'm actually stoked about that, I know there have been subtle changes with certain lanterns in GL over the past couple months (Larvox, Voz) but I'm okay with altered reality being the "movie-verse" style.

I really hope the Abin Sur GL series is as awesome as it sounds, will be picking that up, along with batman, project supes, cantebury cricket, outsider, green arrow, wonder woman, world of flashpoint, Hal Jordan and Emperor Aquaman. I may read the others if I have time/money. Just not as interested in those characters.

"WHO CONTROLS WHAT NOW?" - Hal Jordan
Old 05-17-2011, 04:22 AM   #705
HalJordan15
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
It may show up in Brightest Day Aftermath...
maybe...
Old 05-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #706
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Flashpoint #1 has been sitting on my nightstand for a week now. I started reading it last week, got to the rooftop scene where we meet all these losers, and completely lost interest. I just got around to making myself finish it a few minutes ago. The art is nice, but even then it's not the style I would have chosen for this kind of book. The novelty of the last page reveal was nicely done, but that will wear off in about 2 minutes.

I'm now officially counting down the clock until August when this ends.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #707
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
Flashpoint #1 has been sitting on my nightstand for a week now. I started reading it last week, got to the rooftop scene where we meet all these losers, and completely lost interest. I just got around to making myself finish it a few minutes ago. The art is nice, but even then it's not the style I would have chosen for this kind of book. The novelty of the last page reveal was nicely done, but that will wear off in about 2 minutes.

I'm now officially counting down the clock until August when this ends.
Yet you are going to buy all the issues?
Old 05-18-2011, 03:42 AM   #708
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

DC Looking To Relaunch Everything In September
Quote:
C recently stated that Flashpoint #5 would be the only comic they would be shipping on August 31st from the entire company. So what’s to follow it on September the 6th?

Ten years after the world changed, looks like the DC world will be changing too. Bleeding Cool has already talked about a major renumbering of DC’s books post-Flashpoint. And it looks like that will occur the first week of September, across the DCU board, with everything going back to #1.

And the DC solicitations for August do seem to back that up. There’s a lot of finality going around…
Quote:
Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search For Swamp Thing (3 of 3)

The search ends here as John Constantine finally finds out Swamp Thing’s dark motives

Action Comics #904

Now it all comes down to a weakened Superman versus the monster known as Doomslayer in this, the epic finale of “Reign of the Doomsdays”!

Detective Comics #881

This is it – the finale so twisted, so shocking we can’t even begin to give away details here! Be there for the extra-sized conclusion of the acclaimed run by Scott Snyder, Jock and Francesco Francavilla.

Batman Gates Of Gotham #5 (pushing through two issues in August)

And in issue #5, it’s Batman vs. The Architect! The downfall of a major Gotham family! The betrayal of Damian Wayne! It’s all here in this final issue, plus the untold fate of Gotham City’s first Super Villain!

Superman #714

Superman hits Seattle for his last stop on his “Grounded” walk across the country, and it is in that city where everything will come to a head!

Superman/Batman #87

It’s the brutal final chapter of “The Secret”!

Add that the Green Lantern books are in “epilogue” mode, the Wonder Woman finale has been pushed to August,

Gotham City Sirens #28

A secret that goes back to the very first issue of GOTHAM CITY SIRENS will be revealed at last!

Birds Of Prey #15

In the concluding chapter of “War and Remembrance,” Lady Blackhawk and the original Phantom Lady are in the clutches of an enemy whose evil has lain dormant for decades!

Superboy #11 (pushing through two issues in August)

Then in #11 Jeff Lemire and Pier Gallo bring the saga of “The Hollow Men” to its explosive conclusion!

Supergirl #67

But before she can leave, first she has to save the kids of the Silk Pajama Society, stop the bad guy from unleashing his devastating plan upon the world, and attend one last orientation session!

Wonder Woman #614

The all-new Wonder Woman reaches the end of her epic “Odyssey” and comes face-to-face with the malevolent force behind it all!

Adventure Comics #529

The final, fatal battle for the Legion Academy freshman class. Is this the end of the Academy at Cosmic King’s hand?

Legion Of Superheroes #16

The finale to the battle with the Legion of Super-Villains!

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents #10

The T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents make a final stand against The Iron Maiden in the present, as a bitter truth about the villainess and Colleen is revealed in a look back at the past. One of the most critically acclaimed books of the year reaches the shocking finale of its latest chapter
With Green Lantern books on epilogue, Teen Titans getting two issues out to hit and #100 in August and even more “things will never be the same again” solicitations than usual as well, everything is lining up for a big big change in September.

So why is everything going back to #1? And what does the end of Flashpoint mean for the rest of the titles?

But remember, The Dark is coming…
via Bleeding Cool
Old 05-18-2011, 04:27 AM   #709
ns2
Your Clash At Demonhead

This would explain why they delayed the 1st issue of Batwoman

Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #710
Thaal Jordan
Green Lantern Initiate

Quote:
But remember, The Dark is coming…
The "Dark" is coming, huh? I would laugh my ass off if this turns out to be another GL event titled "Darkest Night".
Old 05-18-2011, 05:48 AM   #711
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

They are teasing a DCU 2.0 here, but my guess is that they will just play "Age of Apocalypse" for a short while. Things will get back to the pre-Flashpoint status quo before 2011 is over.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #712
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

They can relaunch most of the books if they want, but a few won't be. Superman and Action, and Batman and Detective will retain their numbering. Plus all the Vertigo titles, especially Hellblazer, which is inching to the #300 mark in 2013.

I guess it doesn't bother me if they do it. Most of my titles aren't in such great shape that a new #1 will offend me. In fact, I might take the opportunity to jump off THUNDER Agents to shed another title. Flash just got to #12 so who gives a fuck if they start it over yet again. Kind of a pity that the GL books might start over but I'll live. JSA relaunching could be a godsend, as that book just needs to be burned and started over anyway.

This could end up being what DC SHOULD have done with all their titles after CoIE, and avoided the Hawkmess and other misteps...

...of it could just be a 3 month money grab, and everything goes back to the status quo, like Heide says.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #713
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
Yet you are going to buy all the issues?
I seriously don't know if I can do this now. I told my comic shop to put me down for them. My inner OCD won't let me feel like my Flash collection is complete without them, but I don't know if I can be bothered to read 3 issues of what Lois Lane is up to in an alternate timeline that doesn't matter.

I may end up just getting the Flash and GL related miniseries and say to hell with the other crap. If the MAIN mini series doesn't interest me at all, the rest of it sure isn't going to be any good.

Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 05-19-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #714
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Well I can totally see the whole new Number 1's across the whole DCU, I mean that would mean accessibility up the wazoo. I mean DC could get a huge jump in readership by this, I mean if it works successfully. Also I wonder if this means they are going to hide solicits for 3 months (If rumor is true) or if they are just going to continue the numbering and change it when after Flashpoint #5 comes out.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
Old 05-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #715
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

As long as continuity stays put then I'm fine, and Batwoman keeps that hope alive. If they do a COMPLETE reboot, then you won't see me posting here anymore.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #716
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

This is DC. Continuity is going to change quite a bit, as it's been doing on a constant basis since 2004 or so.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #717
Gl Josh
Senior Corps Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
This is DC. Continuity is going to change quite a bit, as it's been doing on a constant basis since 2004 or so.
Nope, this change will be the final change. Till Fire-Point Crisis Afternoon!!!
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....
Old 05-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #718
Black Manta
Senior Corps Member

Send a message via AIM to Black Manta Send a message via MSN to Black Manta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
Well I can totally see the whole new Number 1's across the whole DCU, I mean that would mean accessibility up the wazoo. I mean DC could get a huge jump in readership by this, I mean if it works successfully. Also I wonder if this means they are going to hide solicits for 3 months (If rumor is true) or if they are just going to continue the numbering and change it when after Flashpoint #5 comes out.
only #1 I care about is Reis & John's Aquaman. Doubt they're going to reboot the whole universe, but does sound like something Didio/Johns/Lee would cook up...
Old 05-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #719
gamerajon
Weaponer of Qward

Oh for fucks sake... Can't we just leave shit alone for a year???
Old 05-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #720
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

They never will.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #721
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

All this reboot/relaunch stuff is why I prefer Marvel over DC. It's been a good 5 years before Marvel has returned to pre-Civil War conditions. However, the mutant population is still suffering from the events of House of M.

If most of DC's titles go through a relaunch, then I'll most likely being jumping off those titles.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #722
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
All this reboot/relaunch stuff is why I prefer Marvel over DC. It's been a good 5 years before Marvel has returned to pre-Civil War conditions. However, the mutant population is still suffering from the events of House of M.

If most of DC's titles go through a relaunch, then I'll most likely being jumping off those titles.
Well, it could help stay clear of that silly Leiog of Three Worlds prophecy that foretold the end of the Corps.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:01 AM   #723
Black Manta
Senior Corps Member

Send a message via AIM to Black Manta Send a message via MSN to Black Manta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerajon View Post
Oh for fucks sake... Can't we just leave shit alone for a year???
I started reading/collecting comics in 2005... Crisis after Crisis after weekly event after weekly event, I'm tired of it too... But this year was pretty good with each character staying in their own books and having their own events...

I hope this post-Flashpoint DCU is the same, with minor changes... but again, one can only hope...
Old 05-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #724
stingerman
Fatality's Blacksmith

Default Flashpoint Friday: Map of the World of FP

Check out a map of the FP world. I think this has me more excited for FP than the first issue, lol.

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/con...y-map-world-fp

- Cosmic Book News
Old 05-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #725
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Whoa, what happened to Europe?!
Closed Thread