The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 07-23-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Default G.I. Joe sequel already planned...

... the producers are pretty confident G.I. Joe will perform well, and the entire cast is already locked in to return.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/100/1006111p1.html

I say: SWEEEET!!!

Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

I say...give me a gun so I can shoot myself

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
Legion Norge

Further proof there is no God
Old 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

complete suckage gets a sequel I think this movie will be this years Speed racer
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #5
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
I say: SWEEEET!!!
i 2d that

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlantern View Post
I think this movie will be this years Speed racer
I should be so lucky! Speed Racer was the most FUN I had at the movies in 2008!

Sadly, I seriously doubt that G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra will be anywhere near as good.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

I think its funny (and sad) how many of you have already decided this movie completely sucks even though it doesn't come out for another two weeks.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:18 AM   #8
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017

Quote:
I think its funny (and sad) how many of you have already decided this movie completely sucks even though it doesn't come out for another two weeks.
My biggest problem with it is simply this: For me, G.I.*Joe: A Real American Hero will always be the mythos created by Larry Hama in the Marvel comic of the 1980s. And although the Producers SAY they based their movie on those comics, rather than the cartoons, and even though they brought Hama in as a consultant, EVERYTHING I've seen of this movie... the trailers, descriptions of the story from those that have read the novelization and/or graphic novel adaptation, the toys, everything... it just REEKS of the cartoons, ESPECIALLY Sigma 6. And that is NOT the version of G.I.*Joe that I wanted to see on the big screen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to see it. I've been saying for at least 7-8 years that Ray Park should play Snake-Eyes, so I want to see what he does with the role. Plus it has Christopher Eccleston (the 9th actor to play "The Doctor" on Doctor Who) in it as Destro. His version of The Doctor is my favorite version, so I'll see the movie to see his take on Chrome Dome! And last, but not least, I enjoyed the first 2 Mummy movies (still haven't seen the newest one) as what they were: fun, summer "popcorn" movies. So, I'm willing to give Steven Sommers a chance here to deliver a fun "popcorn" movie.

But I have no expectation that it will live up to the standards Hama set forth in the comics 25 years ago. Just the changes to the back story for Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow and the Arashikage Ninja Clan ALONE will see to that. The script writers have RADICALLY altered the origin of everyone's favorite man in black in ways that DO NOT make me happy.

But, I'll reserve my final judgment until I've seen the final product on the big screen, just in case they somehow pull a rabbit out of the proverbial hat.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 AM   #9
Godmera
Champion of the World

Send a message via AIM to Godmera Send a message via Yahoo to Godmera

I'll wait to see what the first one is like before thinking about a sequel.
Godmera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:55 AM   #10
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
I can say that because I can tell they're going to completely butcher the original content. First, they're all wearing the same black, stylized outfits. And Marlon Wayans is in it.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #11
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
My biggest problem with it is simply this: For me, G.I.*Joe: A Real American Hero will always be the mythos created by Larry Hama in the Marvel comic of the 1980s. And although the Producers SAY they based their movie on those comics, rather than the cartoons, and even though they brought Hama in as a consultant, EVERYTHING I've seen of this movie... the trailers, descriptions of the story from those that have read the novelization and/or graphic novel adaptation, the toys, everything... it just REEKS of the cartoons, ESPECIALLY Sigma 6. And that is NOT the version of G.I.*Joe that I wanted to see on the big screen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to see it. I've been saying for at least 7-8 years that Ray Park should play Snake-Eyes, so I want to see what he does with the role. Plus it has Christopher Eccleston (the 9th actor to play "The Doctor" on Doctor Who) in it as Destro. His version of The Doctor is my favorite version, so I'll see the movie to see his take on Chrome Dome! And last, but not least, I enjoyed the first 2 Mummy movies (still haven't seen the newest one) as what they were: fun, summer "popcorn" movies. So, I'm willing to give Steven Sommers a chance here to deliver a fun "popcorn" movie.

But I have no expectation that it will live up to the standards Hama set forth in the comics 25 years ago. Just the changes to the back story for Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow and the Arashikage Ninja Clan ALONE will see to that. The script writers have RADICALLY altered the origin of everyone's favorite man in black in ways that DO NOT make me happy.

But, I'll reserve my final judgment until I've seen the final product on the big screen, just in case they somehow pull a rabbit out of the proverbial hat.
These are sentiments I can understand, and agree with you holding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
I can say that because I can tell they're going to completely butcher the original content. First, they're all wearing the same black, stylized outfits. And Marlon Wayans is in it.
These are not.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

after seeing other franchises screwed up this year (terminator (Saw t4 it was ok) and transformers(didn't bother)) I can't stand to see another one forcibly anally raped.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #13
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

No one is going to force you to see it, but those who haven't seen it don't have a valid opinion on its actual quality, so don't expect people to respect your opinion of the film after its release if you don't go out and see it for yourself. Just FYI.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #14
ion.nai
existential absurdist

Send a message via MSN to ion.nai

Quote:
complete suckage gets a sequel I think this movie will be this years Speed racer
i see it as being more like Transformers. A crappy movie that i'll tolerate because of nostalgia.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:49 AM   #15
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

4mins of the chase sequence: http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=14406&count=0

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #16
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
No one is going to force you to see it, but those who haven't seen it don't have a valid opinion on its actual quality, so don't expect people to respect your opinion of the film after its release if you don't go out and see it for yourself. Just FYI.
look you know how when you eat certain things you know its going make you take a monster shit later? I can look at movie trailers and see when they are going to be monster pieces of shit.

I understand you have high hope and I hope it lives up to those hopes for you, I just know from my POV its going to be a razzie contender. sure it might get a sequel but you and I both know that has nothing to do with the quality of the current film but with the box office numbers and the amount of sheeple go it(present company excluded from the sheeple comment) .

I honestly hope I am wrong but when I saw the "power suits" and the slow mo matrix style filming in some areas, I lost hope.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #17
ion.nai
existential absurdist

Quote:
I honestly hope I am wrong but when I saw the "power suits" and the slow mo matrix style filming in some areas, I lost hope.
These will ruin the movie. They are just unnecessary. The suits are the point where the movie will be jump the shark.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #18
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion.nai View Post
These will ruin the movie. They are just unnecessary. The suits are the point where the movie will be jump the shark.
or nuke the fridge
Old 07-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #19
ion.nai
existential absurdist

This tends to be the sad thing about recent motion pictures. Studios, writers, directors, and who ever is involved refuse to keep them simple. G.I. Joe already has plenty of cool aspects going for it, why overdo it?
Old 07-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Quote:
i see it as being more like Transformers. A crappy movie that i'll tolerate because of nostalgia.
"Tolerated"? The first movie made a lot of cash.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #21
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
Requiem for a Dream.

Watch it.

Now.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
GLRunba
Manhunter Repairman

Send a message via AIM to GLRunba Send a message via MSN to GLRunba Send a message via Yahoo to GLRunba

MY GOD... A sequel already?! This movie is going to be a piece of shit, unfournatly the majority of the public is going to see this with their thumbs in their asses and laughing their asses off at every bad joke.

so there is going to be a sequel.. i mean we got Transformers 2!!! and that is a bigger piece of garbage than the first one!!

It's like a turd with corn in it
GLRunba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #23
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

How about....see the movie first?

Weird idea, I know.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:50 PM   #24
ion.nai
existential absurdist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
"Tolerated"? The first movie made a lot of cash.
I know it did. I did not say "tolerated by the general public". I was speaking on a personal level. Others may have loved it, but I only tolerated it because of nostalgia.
Having said all that... The amount of cash made by a movie does not dictate whether it is a good or bad movie.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #25
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Quote:
I know it did. I did not say "tolerated by the general public". I was speaking on a personal level. Others may have loved it, but I only tolerated it because of nostalgia.
Having said all that... The amount of cash made by a movie does not dictate whether it is a good or bad movie.
Ah my mistake then. Either way, the movie blows any of old the cartoon series out of the water. I was happy that I finally could see Transformers kill on screen. Maybe GI Joe will have the same thing.

Last edited by Orion Pax; 07-26-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Orion Pax is offline   Reply With Quote