FLASHCHAT

General

Old 07-02-2009, 01:53 AM   #26
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
I think the numbers would like a word with you.

ummm....wat does the PSP have to do w/Sega?!??

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:03 AM   #27
Colonel Xonic
The Butcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Colonel Xonic

I got RROD once, hasn't happened since. I never did hear of the Yellow Light... It's sad people go and toss their Xboxs out just because of the RROD.
Colonel Xonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:09 AM   #28
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
They do if you're still in warranty, and apparently theey actually extended the original warranty for people who bought the system i nteh first two months (Nov, and Dec of '06) but I got mine in Feb '07, and so the warranty only went out Feb '08... I didn't buy it myself [my brother bought it for me to help him move over a weekend (I was basically his bitch for three days)] so there was no extended warranty option for ME... but whatever.

I think my father and I will be able to fix it... he being so adept with tools and fixing electronics, and me having found tutorials on how to do so... but if worse comes to worse, we're just going to save some files from Will's PS3 to our external HDD and then put my PS3's HDD into his PS3 system, so that we don't lose all the save data that everyone in the house had accumulated over the last few months, and that I have accumulated over the years (and that doesn't void his warranty, either, which he actually has the extended, and thats cool, but anyway).

This is one of the reasons I don't have an XBox360, and one of the reasons I disses 360 owners so much... hmm.

Maybe its Karma? But its not fair... Karma is supposed to be fair!!!
Sounds like Microsoft has Sony Beat in the costmer service department. My Friend Gave me his old Xbox 360 because he upgraded to a better on. It worked Perfect for a year then I got the Ring O death. I called them and told them I had no warenty and they said that it was okay. They sent me a box and Fixed it for free.They also sent a month a free Xbox live.

Then I sent taht one back because I broke one of the controller ports and they again gave me no grief about it. I did buy the new warenty because they say the will only fix the RED ring problem free of charge so many times. So I figured id get one just to be safe.

One thing I did not enjoy is the people you talk to who are clearly outsorced,and speak real bad english.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 AM   #29
HonorGuardGD
Kilowog's Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
Sounds like Microsoft has Sony Beat in the costmer service department. My Friend Gave me his old Xbox 360 because he upgraded to a better on. It worked Perfect for a year then I got the Ring O death. I called them and told them I had no warenty and they said that it was okay. They sent me a box and Fixed it for free.They also sent a month a free Xbox live.

Then I sent taht one back because I broke one of the controller ports and they again gave me no grief about it. I did buy the new warenty because they say the will only fix the RED ring problem free of charge so many times. So I figured id get one just to be safe.

One thing I did not enjoy is the people you talk to who are clearly outsorced,and speak real bad english.
Yeah, Microsoft has been very diligent. And I think some people are mistaking the RROD for a shoddy product. The fact, a significant number of the earlier models came out with a defect. Unfortunately, most of those units will all falter at roughly the same time. It doesn't take away from the qualify of the game system, particularly when the manufacturer pays for the cost, supplies, and labor to fix it and expedite it back to you.

Sony should do the same thing, but I'm guessing they probably don't. After all, it's an "entertainment system" and not a "video game console".
Old 07-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #30
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Well, if only 0.09% of PS3's ever have this issue, its uinderstandable as to why they haven't come up with a servicable way to handle it. The RROD on XBox's is much mroe common, so they had to come up with a policy and everything like that on how to handle that to retain their customers... Sony hasn't had to do that becasue their product is quite a bit more reliable.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 AM   #31
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
Well, if only 0.09% of PS3's ever have this issue, its uinderstandable as to why they haven't come up with a servicable way to handle it. The RROD on XBox's is much mroe common, so they had to come up with a policy and everything like that on how to handle that to retain their customers... Sony hasn't had to do that becasue their product is quite a bit more reliable.
Well not to be a sony basher,but Playstation had problems as did PS2 wich Sony fixed PS2 for around 45 dollers. Including Shipping and what not. However With Playstation one they told me tough luck.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #32
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

The original PSX had a disc damage flaw that was caused by the laser position or something, and it was remedied in later models by movign the laser position and lowering it slightly... the PS2 had a disc read error that caused the laser to not properly read certain types of PS2 discs, and it was rmedied by changign the hardware utilized for making the PS2... the PS3 had no problems like that, instead it has this lame ass 0.09% possibility of crapping out. Though, after looking around, it seems this may have been remedied in alter models, too, becasue I've yet to find a report of this happening to anyone without the first gen 20gb or 60gb consoles... so yeah...
Old 07-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #33
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Not to be a dick and correct you. But psx had alot of problems. The first producton runs were pices of crap. I have only had one proble with PS2 so I won't dawg it. My buddy that Gave me the Xbox has a PS3 and I have not heard any complaints so it must be okay.

My personal opinion from over 20 years of gaming is count on something going wrong with your consule one day.No matter wich one you buy.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #34
Knuckles
Corps Honor Guard

i never had any problems with my psx ....my ps2 had problems later on, in regards to not playin god of war, yet it would play games that came before (obviously) and after that release

i'm still waitin on a ps3