The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern Vol. 3
FLASHCHAT

GL Volume 3
View Poll Results: In their original incarnations, who would win in an all out fight?
Parallax 18 29.03%
Ion 29 46.77%
Too hard to tell. 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #26
younglionsimba

Hal/Parallax....because Hal has greater willpower that Kyle(i'd come up with a more in depth reply, but Oa help me i have food posining and it is take an effot not be ill as i type lol)
Old 12-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #27
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

Ion for sure.

Hal was at his peak at Zero Hour, but he still wasn't able to accomplish what he wanted to do. Maybe he could have remade the universe in his own image, but he seemed pretty bonkers at that point. And he's never displayed the same amount of power as he did at that point in time.

Ion, on the other hand, not only could be at multiple places at once, but could heal Jade's powers and offered to ressurect Coast City without changing all of history. Maybe it was Hal's mental state, but regardless of this it seemed as if Kyle had a better understanding of his own powers than Parallax did.

Whether Kyle would have drained his powers as Hal seemed to is a hard point to think of. Kyle never tried to remake the universe. He didn't lose his powers so much as he gave them up. That's a pretty big difference because some Parallax stories are about Hal wanting even more power in order to accomplish his goal. Unlike Ion, Hal seems to need to recharge.

As to the point that Kyle's powers used to be Hal's, they were also Oblivion's combined and mutated. Oblivion managed to become self-sustaining and, apparently, had a lot of energy to work with.

Still, if it was Ion at his peak VS Parrallax at his peak (during Zero Hour), I'd give it to Kyle. Hal was all over the place at the time while Kyle was calm and completely in control.
Gauntlet101010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #28
gamer9183
Alan's Drycleaner

Send a message via AIM to gamer9183

I would say that while it would be a close fight, I think they have made Ion look more powerfully.
gamer9183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:14 PM   #29
GL_2814
Bond, Lantern Bond

The entirety of GL has always shown us that Will triumphs over Fear, thus Parallax looses to Ion. Simple as that.
GL_2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
Cstir15

ok so a few factors come into effect:

if paralax was at his peak (just after taking in all the power of the central battery) and Ion was at his peak (kyle taking in all the power from the sun which was from paralax) then it would be a pretty even match. however, ion would probably win. hal still had some will power over paralax whereas ion was acting strictly as ion. paralax was using hal so really hal could fight back thus weakening paralax. kyle would be at full force having a power ring AND the entire power of the corps. ion would probably win under those circumstances. Ion just has so much raw power and he knows how to use it. paralax is just concerned with killing stuff and has hal potentially stopping that murderous rampage.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:17 AM   #31
hYPE

I said Ion. I love both characters, especially Parallax but Ion has god like powers and that just sums it up but someone did say that the Ion powers that Kyle had were left over energy from Parallax so who knows.

Was it just me but when Hal became Parallax, wasn't he just so bad ass? I mean no one wants to see there favorite GL character become heel but he was just so cool!

Last edited by hYPE; 07-15-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #32
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL_2814 View Post
The entirety of GL has always shown us that Will triumphs over Fear, thus Parallax looses to Ion. Simple as that.
You're thinking of their current incarnations, and as the OP expresses, that is not the situation this thread is tackling.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #33
Legion Norge

Pair o' slacks
Old 07-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #34
Spectremjm
Corps Honor Guard

Send a message via Yahoo to Spectremjm

I think Ion was portrayed as more powerful than Parallax, but it never made sense. He had Hal's leftovers mingled with some of his own powers, so why would they join to be more powerful than Hal as Parallax? So based on portrayal, Ion would probably win. But I think logically Parallax would be at least as strong, thus Hal would still win since he had the experience and he still used will as Parallax.

Speaking of, I think Johns dropped the ball once he created the entities. since if he had said that Ion and Parallax were both in Hal, it would make more sense that Hal could override Parallax during Final Night. Ion would have been freed when the CPB exploded, so it could have gone into Hal then as well.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
to change the world. This time, Lord...
Let me be worthy."
Spectremjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:57 PM   #35
Shingo Wol

I can't decide.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:14 AM   #36
greenlantern tobar

In a very long close battle id give it only slightly to ion only for 2 reasons
1 ion was shown as being god like

2 klye was defending the world and with a sane head as hal was clearly insane he was fighting parallax inside making ion more likely to win
Old 09-02-2009, 05:44 AM   #37
Green Lantern Initiate

Send a message via AIM to 304 Send a message via Yahoo to 304

I think Ion...Parallax was omnipetent and the such but Ion was.
304 is offline   Reply With Quote