The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 01-20-2008, 04:30 AM   #51
GLJIMT

50 posts about the god damn Power Rangers?????? WTF?????

I need to stock up on some halloween maskes apparently I can make a ton of money by filming people wearing them!
Old 01-20-2008, 04:35 AM   #52
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

HA! Awesome man. I've seen a couple custom opener's for this episode. None really very good at all. This one was by far the best. Good job.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:54 AM   #53
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

If I was better with photoshop. I would put the symbols right on the rangers.

I would also draw a better white lantern logo. I'm not that creative on originality.... :P

Last edited by Jack-O-Lantern; 01-20-2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:52 AM   #54
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
50 posts about the god damn Power Rangers?????? WTF?????

I need to stock up on some halloween maskes apparently I can make a ton of money by filming people wearing them!
What do you expect from a bunch of geeks who grew up with the show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
If I was better with photoshop. I would put the symbols right on the rangers.

I would also draw a better white lantern logo. I'm not that creative on originality.... :P
Not bad... I might have to put the symplos on them if someone else doesn't do it... *cough*Methos*cough*
Old 01-20-2008, 07:38 AM   #55
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

i may try that when i buy photoshop. my trial ended
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
Cool. Listen, come check out my YouTube page sometime. I've already posted on your page. I'm Watcher.
i'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #56
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Yeah, if someone else wants to take the challenge, that'd be cool. I tried, and failed. There are some things I can play around with on photoshop. But I'm still very knew to the whole thing so I'm not very good.

Also if anyone is more partial to S.P.D. The colors work for that team too. Without having to recolor.

It would have been perfect to use Boom for the Orange Ranger. But there's no good images that match up with these... Oh well. Kat has some orange in her suit, so she'll do.

P.S. This is my 300th post! WOOHOO!!!!!

Last edited by Jack-O-Lantern; 01-20-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #57
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

damn, the spd team was too fucking big.

Emergency! Dekaranger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #58
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

LOL. I love a season with lot's of Rangers. The more the better. People say there is less time for character development. But seriously, I like to see multiple Rangers in action over character development anyway.

The seasons are so short with only like 30-40 twenty minute episodes. Who cares about that stuff? Give me more Rangers, more Zords, and more action. By the time all the characters have really had enough time to be developed and get focused on, the season is done.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #59
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

I couldn't sleep tonight... so I got really bored... and thus I ended up making this.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #60
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
I couldn't sleep tonight... so I got really bored... and thus I ended up making this.

lol thats cool

M
Old 01-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #61
Fearless
Agent Orange

I see you guys have been using Ranger Central. Jeez, you guys've been busy, little bees, ain't ya?
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #62
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ennis View Post
I have been a Ranger fan since the very beginning. But I have to say my favorite series has still got to be Timeforce, followed very very closely by Dino Thunder.

Heres most of my Megazord collection.

These pics are a couple of years old now and it's not even all of the ones I had at the time. I have gotten several more since then.

I also used to dress up as the White Ranger for kids birthday parties. Man, that was the best gig I ever had. I got paid 50 bucks an hour to dress as Tommy and do the hokey pokey. That was awesome.
I only had a non transforming Megazord back in the day. I wish I had the Dragonzord though, or that giant red dragon zord that Zed had. :/ Or Cyclopsus, Goldar's zord!

Quote:
Yeah, if someone else wants to take the challenge, that'd be cool. I tried, and failed. There are some things I can play around with on photoshop. But I'm still very knew to the whole thing so I'm not very good.

Also if anyone is more partial to S.P.D. The colors work for that team too. Without having to recolor.

It would have been perfect to use Boom for the Orange Ranger. But there's no good images that match up with these... Oh well. Kat has some orange in her suit, so she'll do.

P.S. This is my 300th post! WOOHOO!!!!!
Daaaaamn, I liked that show (a friend of mine convinced me to watch a few episodes but I couldn't get into it) and I didn't know there were that many rangers on it! Whose the cobra looking woman?

Wouldn't Goldar be a Red Lantern and Rita would be Orange? XD
Old 01-21-2008, 02:23 AM   #63
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
Daaaaamn, I liked that show (a friend of mine convinced me to watch a few episodes but I couldn't get into it) and I didn't know there were that many rangers on it! Whose the cobra looking woman?
Which one? The orange one (who's a cat in Power Rangers, and a swan in Super Sentai) or the silver one (Somekinda weird rank called "Nova")?
Old 01-21-2008, 02:30 AM   #64
Myth

Second from the right! Although actually I'm confused on who everyone is past Dekaranger. o_O

Dekaranger is my friend's favorite ranger of all time. XD
Old 01-21-2008, 02:57 AM   #65
Fearless
Agent Orange

Yeah that's Nova Ranger. She's from the same time as Omega Ranger, the dude in white on the far right.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #66
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

I may be the slowest person in the world... but I just realized, today, that the movie stands outside of the series continuity...

I was watching some episodes today, just for shiggles, and I got to the 4 part Ninja Quest from season 3, and became overwhelmingly confused. I don't remember ever seeing those episodes before... but more so... that mini-series retold how they get the ninja-zords... I'm so dissapointed... I honestly can't believe the Movie never happened in Power Rangers continuity.

So now I have a question... I don't have the Turbo series yet, so I ahve to ask... do they retell the Turbo origin in the series, too? You know... making the second theatrical film stand outside of series continuity, as well. I ask because I know that the first few episodes are called Shift in to Turbo.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #67
Darth_Ennis

Actually the Turbo (snicker, snicker) "movie" is essientially the pilot episode for the series, and is unfortunately continuity.

I own this psice of shit, on DVD no less, and I will be the first to tell you that it is complete and utter garbage. I am actually surprised the Turbo series lasted.

But for the life of me, I can;t explain why the first movie is never spoken about. It was actually a watchable flick. Not Oscar material by any means but it wasn't horrible like Turbo.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:50 AM   #68
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Ennis View Post
Actually the Turbo (snicker, snicker) "movie" is essientially the pilot episode for the series, and is unfortunately continuity.

I own this psice of shit, on DVD no less, and I will be the first to tell you that it is complete and utter garbage. I am actually surprised the Turbo series lasted.

But for the life of me, I can;t explain why the first movie is never spoken about. It was actually a watchable flick. Not Oscar material by any means but it wasn't horrible like Turbo.

That little Adams Family-reject in Turbo, y'know, that weird, little alien, creeped me out to no end.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:51 AM   #69
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

The alien midget creeped you out? Myself, I thought the little kid who grew up in the suit was scary as hell.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:58 AM   #70
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrylakks View Post
I may be the slowest person in the world... but I just realized, today, that the movie stands outside of the series continuity...

I was watching some episodes today, just for shiggles, and I got to the 4 part Ninja Quest from season 3, and became overwhelmingly confused. I don't remember ever seeing those episodes before... but more so... that mini-series retold how they get the ninja-zords... I'm so dissapointed... I honestly can't believe the Movie never happened in Power Rangers continuity.

So now I have a question... I don't have the Turbo series yet, so I ahve to ask... do they retell the Turbo origin in the series, too? You know... making the second theatrical film stand outside of series continuity, as well. I ask because I know that the first few episodes are called Shift in to Turbo.
Yeah. Of course the greatest thing PR ever created was not in the series continuity. It was stand alone and had nothing close to the same origins of the ninja powers as in the show. Ivan Ooze, Mordant, Dulcea and that Planet they went to were for the movie only. The same for all the costumes, zords, weapons, etc. They were made only for the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
That little Adams Family-reject in Turbo, y'know, that weird, little alien, creeped me out to no end.
LOL. "The Wizard Lerigot". He looked like an Ewok. There were so many mistakes with that movie. One cool thing was seeing Jason and Kimberly again though. I still can't figure out why they didn't keep Rocky on for another ten episodes and let him leave with the other rangers when they did "the power transfer". Stupid fucking kid.......Justin.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:19 AM   #71
Aberration
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Quote:
I still can't figure out why they didn't keep Rocky on for another ten episodes and let him leave with the other rangers when they did "the power transfer". Stupid fucking kid.......Justin.
I think at that point, Steve Cardenas wanted to focus on his martial arts school full-time, and that's why he left the series. I'm sure that if he'd known that there were only 10 episodes left until a new cast would be brought in, he might've just stuck it out. However, from what I've read, the cast was blindsided by this development. Johnny Yong Bosch said that one day, a makeup artist showed him a casting call ad for new Power Rangers, and that's how he found out.

Adding a young kid to the team was a big mistake, it was a desperate move from the producers to try to draw in younger kids, since the show and audience were getting older. The new Blue Ranger should've either been another high school guy, or if you want to be more radical, they should've made ALL of the Rangers little kids. I wouldn't be too crazy about seeing that, but I think that five children makes a lot more sense than one child being enrolled in high school so that he can be around the other Rangers when trouble's abound.

It doesn't really matter now though. They realized the mistake they made, wrote Justin out (and with a lot more dignity than they did with Billy, mind you), and we got the incredible Power Rangers in Space out of it
Aberration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:23 AM   #72
GLJIMT

70 posts, I just don't get it
Old 01-24-2008, 05:28 AM   #73
Parrylakks
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLJIMT View Post
70 posts, I just don't get it
Ehhhh... bite us.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:56 AM   #74
Aberration
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Has everyone here read all the behind the scenes stuff about the movie?

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

(These are Google's cached versions of the page, the page itself seems to be down at the moment.)

And here's a pic of the first version of the White Ranger movie costume:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MIGHTY-MORPHIN-P...QQcmdZViewItem

I wish Fox would put out a special edition DVD of the movie with all of those deleted and alternate scenes, assuming they still existed.
Aberration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #75
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

Wow. I never knew about any of that. Sounds like it was a living nightmare. I hope it was worth it for them to go through all of that. It sounds like the movie that would have been made if they didn't recast, rewrite and reshoot alot of what they had planned. Putties? The rat creatures from Colonial Angel Grove? That would have sucked. Same for "visorless" rangers....

I didn't know those episodes where shot in Sydney either. Or that Catherine Sutherland tried out for Dulcea. That is so weird. Thanks for these links. There's alot of great info on there. I agree, they should release a special edition dvd wit hall of the alternate footage. It would be good for a laugh. I bet it looked as they said it did. "Like an episode from TV".

I'm glad they made all those changes. They went to alot of trouble, but look what we got. A great movie and one of the best Power Rangers productions to date!