The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 10-01-2010, 04:29 AM   #101
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Castle View Post
Or maybe somebody beat him upside the head when he tried to cut in line.
never that. people aren't that stupid.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #102
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

FOURSQUARE USERS WILL “TAKE FLIGHT” AT NEW YORK COMIC CON 2010 WITH EXCLUSIVE GREEN LANTERN BADGE

Fans Can Unlock the Badge by Checking in on Foursquare at
New York Comic Con and Obtain a Green Lantern Ring by
Showing Badge at the DC Comics Booth #2243

Quote:
BURBANK, Calif. (October 7, 2010) — Warner Bros. Television Group, DC Entertainment and Foursquare are going green at New York Comic Con 2010, offering fans the chance to unlock an exclusive Green Lantern badge during the three days of the East Coast’s biggest and most exciting popular culture convention, at the Javits Center in New York City.

* From October 8–10, fans attending New York Comic Con can unlock the special Green Lantern badge by “checking in” on Foursquare at New York Comic Con and at the DC Comics booth

* Additionally, fans that visit the DC Comics booth — #2243 — on the convention floor and show their Green Lantern Foursquare badge will receive an exclusive Green Lantern replica ring

* Fans of Green Lantern can meet the creative team from Warner Bros. Animation’s forthcoming Green Lantern: The Animated Series — including executive producer Bruce Timm, producer Giancarlo Volpe and producer/story editor Jim Krieg — at a panel session and signing on Saturday, October 10. The series has begun production on 26 episodes and will debut on Cartoon Network in 2011.

* And DC Comics is bringing together the top creative teams on the Green Lantern books — including group editor Eddie Berganza, assistant editor Adam Schlagman, DC Entertainment chief creative officer Geoff Johns and more — for a panel to discuss upcoming storylines and answer fan questions.

* For additional information about Warner Bros. Television Group activities at New York Comic Con, follow us on Twitter at @TheWBdotcom and use hashtag #WBNYCC.

GREEN LANTERN–RELATED PANEL & SIGNING DETAILS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9

* 2:30–3:30 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Presentation/Q&A — Saturday will be NYCC’s “brightest day” as Warner Bros. Animation proudly unveils this new series coming soon to Cartoon Network and based upon characters from DC Comics. Join series executive producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series), producer Giancarlo Volpe (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) and producer/story editor Jim Krieg (Ben 10: Alien Swarm) as these creative forces reveal their plans for one of the most highly anticipated new animated series. Room 1A14

* 4:00–5:00 p.m. Green Lantern: The Animated Series Signing at the DC Comics Booth #2243

* 5:15–6:15 p.m. Green Lantern: Emerald Empire Panel/Q&A — No evil shall escape this panel’s sight as the top creative teams on the Green Lantern books drop hints on upcoming stories and take on your questions! Led by Group Editor Eddie Berganza and Assistant Editor Adam Schlagman with Geoff Johns (Green Lantern, The Flash), Tony Bedard (Green Lantern Corps), Rodolfo Migliari (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors), Joe Prado (Brightest Day), Ivan Reis (Brightest Day) and Peter J. Tomasi (Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors). Room 1A08-12
Old 10-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #103
Godmera
Champion of the World

Send a message via AIM to Godmera Send a message via Yahoo to Godmera

A Green Lantern Badge, cool.
Godmera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #104
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
never that. people aren't that stupid.
You gravely underestimate people's stupidity, and overestimate your own fighting ability.

Somewhere the two meet, reality setting in, and your ass is grass.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #105
W.West

Who said anything about a fight? There are many ways to stop someone from doing something they'll regret.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #106
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Who said anything about a fight?
They did.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #107
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #108
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

No NYCC updates from the GLCMB members?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #109
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/18539.html

Quote:
NYCC Nets Full House for Saturday
3-Day Passes Still Available
however, ya might be able to get a Sat-pass if U contact 1 of the other off-site ticket retailers found here: http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/NY...ets/Retailers/

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #110
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
Old 10-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #111
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Nope.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #112
Coner74
Major Force's Dinner Date

I will be there in a few hours wearing my shirt of the cover of Green Lantern 85 with Speedy shooting up.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:47 PM   #113
W.West

Quote:
Here. Full recap coming when the con is over.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #114
Godmera
Champion of the World

I'm here or there as it be got 2 hal's standing in line for gl ami panel meet Sylent got a bunch of pics thats it for now.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #115
Tazer

Yo.

con swag on Day 2:

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Last edited by Tazer; 10-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #116
Godmera
Champion of the World

Never got into the gl ani panel to many people also meet Don Smith took more pics.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #117
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

con swag on Day 2:

Tazer
I dont see anything.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #118
W.West

RECAP: Everything Green Lantern at the New York Comic Con!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:38 AM   #119
JAredLantern
The 8th Soldier of Victory

Send a message via AIM to JAredLantern

I feel like i was there. I can't wait for the DCU Online GLC expansion. Talk about worth every dollar. very exciting news about post brightest day too.
JAredLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #120
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Here. Full recap coming when the con is over.
Cool. Thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #121
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
I dont see anything.
gomen nasai; its fixed

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #122
Godmera
Champion of the World

Pics in the pic thread.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #123
Coner74

NYCC was fun and some of my highlights(GL and non-GL related)

-I was able to get Jim Lee and Geoff Johns to sign my GL 50(Lee Varnat cover) and got Robert Kirkman to sign my Walking Dead 75 SDCC cover.

-Was also able to get the White Lantern Hal figure even if it meant me having to go through the re-entry line a second time.

-Apparently met Neal Adams' grand-daughter when getting my White Lantern Hal figure. She was working the Graffiti Designs booth and as I picked up my figure she saw my shirt with the GL 85 cover and said "Nice shirt, my grandfather drew that." and everything clicked and I gave a "holy crap" face.

-When in line for Jim Lee there were a lot of people who tried to cut. Even a group of 5 and the people next to me were very stern in making sure they didn't cut in front of us. Was a sight to behold actually.

-Also got the Grimm Fairy Tales exclusives there and a few issues. I kinda dismissed this series when I first saw it at my LCS because I thought it would be like Tarot where yea they use hot chicks to sell it but the writing stunk but recently I read more about it and the whole "Using Fairy Tales as a way to tell people, and in turn the reader, to better themselves and prevent the future mistakes" plot(esp for the first couple issues) intrigued me.

-I don't think I ever spent this much time standing in lines haha. I joked that the Kirkman signing had 3 lines(due to the lanes). Between the wristband for the exclusive Hal, Kirkman, and Jim Lee I think that was a good 3 hours in a line. Interacting with other people was pretty cool though.

-While I didn't take advantage of it I liked that Adrian Brody didn't charge for his signing. Some other movie and tv people could follow that lead.

-One prevailing thought after this weekend "I wish I brought more money, I wish I brought more money, I wish I brought more money." I was close to selling the naming rights of my first born for certain comics, statues, and random items.

-Robert Kirkman is a cool dude.

-Someone at the GL panel tried to ask Geoff why John always says "Stay Black" when referring to what he is going to do. And wow did he get some abuse from the crowd.

-Also from the panel was prob my fav cosplayer who dressed as Larfleeze with a santa hat on. Costume was well done def and he showed some skills during his question.

-I mis-read the part in this thread about the GL badges so thought I got them at the DC booth. When I asked the guy decided to ask me to say the oath. One of the few times I was asked to say something in my memory that I was able to fire out rapidly.

-I never thought I'd hear this from a stranger at comic con "Hey I recognize you, you work at Target in Rockaway." but I did. Apparently someone who works a toy site shops where I work.

-I have been meaning to watch Battlestar Galactica but I have yet to so my knowledge of Katee Sackoff is limited but she looks great in person.

-The one bad thing about yesterday is I jacked up my shoulder and even today still hurts.

sorry bout the last few kinda lost steam there.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #124
Bruce Castle
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coner74 View Post
-I don't think I ever spent this much time standing in lines haha. I joked that the Kirkman signing had 3 lines(due to the lanes). Between the wristband for the exclusive Hal, Kirkman, and Jim Lee I think that was a good 3 hours in a line. Interacting with other people was pretty cool though.

-I have been meaning to watch Battlestar Galactica but I have yet to so my knowledge of Katee Sackoff is limited but she looks great in person.
That's terrible. I've talked to Kirkman extensively with no lines before. Damn his increasing fame!

That's cool about Sackoff? Any pics? I've always thought she was the overlooked hottie on BSG.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:02 PM   #125
Coner74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Castle View Post
That's terrible. I've talked to Kirkman extensively with no lines before. Damn his increasing fame!

That's cool about Sackoff? Any pics? I've always thought she was the overlooked hottie on BSG.
The only pic I was able to take wasn't a very good one. My camera on my cell is low MP and gets worse as I zoom.

And even in the limited time I got to interact with Kirkman he seemed very personable.