The inevitable return of Geoff Johns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The inevitable return of Geoff Johns!

Does anyone else feel like the stage is already being set for it? You know, Geoff quietly puppeteering things from the sidelines as chief "creative" officer all this time... letting Hal be emasculated, letting the Corps become a more fractured entity, little things he knows (or thinks) will irritate the fandom... and then one day in the foreseeable future, voila, there's a big hubbub about "Geoff Johns returning to write Green Lantern!" with a slew of big ring-based big events in the wings. With the expectation that people will be longing for Geoff by this point and be excited by this news.
    Yes
    46.67%
    No
    53.33%

Let it be. As long as it's good I couldn't give a fuck who writes it.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

I dunno. I mean, I don't think he is above manipulating the fanbase to get them to want what he wants to give them (case in point, successful character assassination on the Guardians, so fans are WANTING them gone, before Geoff goes and does just that). But this idea sounds like a different level of manipulation to me, manipulating characters not so that the fans will want something done with them, but rather so they will want HIM to do it. I'm not sure I'm prepared to ascribe that level of naked, purposeful ego. It is one thing for him to try to make fans want what he wants, another to make them want HIM personally.

Comment

he saved it once maybe he can save it again

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Well, we now know such a strategy would work on IonFan, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Well, we now know such a strategy would work on IonFan, anyway.
            i'm for anything that gets rid of the loser Hal (h@ll even Sin. see it )

IonFan says

Comment

And it wouldn't bother you if it turned out he'd been made into loser Hal on purpose to get you to want Geoff to come back and "fix" him? That's the scenario Andrew is proposing here.

Comment

Well, GJ did paint the new writers into a pretty tight corner by killing the Guardians and taking Sinestro with him, but I'm not sure that he would have purposefully written the book into the ground so that he would be heralded the next greatest thing, and have the fans clammoring for his return, however anything at this point would be an improvement... and I would start with the artwork. I don't like the way Tan pencils Hal or John.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  And it wouldn't bother you if it turned out he'd been made into loser Hal on purpose to get you to want Geoff to come back and "fix" him? That's the scenario Andrew is proposing here.
                  and i'm for it, look after so many years of having good GL story's on my pull list it saddens me not to have it there/their/they're anymore (mostly cause the story's suck as well as Hal too)

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    and i'm for it, look after so many years of having good GL story's on my pull list it saddens me not to have it there/their/they're anymore (mostly cause the story's suck as well as Hal too)
                    So you are "for" Geoff purposely MAKING GL bad so you will want him back? That's very odd, if you don't mind my saying.

Like I said, I don't really think that's what's going on. But it just surprises me that, as far as you are concerned, you'd still want him back even if the reason GL declined was because Geoff manipulated matters to make it happen. That's like rewarding somebody for screwing stuff up on purpose.

Comment

I believe something like the scenario I mentioned is very much in play. But it's really very stupid... Geoff had years to write good Hal Jordan stories... but apart from a smattering of stories early into Vol. 4, he never even bothered to write a single one about him. Let alone anything to elevate the character.

Comment

GJ isn't on the GL books anymore (it's some other guy) so how is he making GL (or Hal) suck?

IonFan says

Comment

I'm curious. Does Geoff always look that smug, or did Andrew purposely pick the smuggest photo he could find?

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                            GJ isn't on the GL books anymore (it's some other guy) so how is he making GL (or Hal) suck?
                            The theory is that he is using his influence as Chief Creative Officer at DC to influence the title's direction to make it bad.

Comment

here ya go Ed

< link here

i for one look forward to GJ saving GL once again

IonFan says

Comment

Working...
                              X