Old 08-01-2018, 12:14 AM   #3501
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

PS4 sells like fucking hotcakes:

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/ps4-worl...p-82-2-million
Old 08-01-2018, 01:26 AM   #3502
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So apparently I missed the memo and Destiny 2's Solstice of Heroes is live since earlier today. I've completed roughly half of the stuff on my Hunter, but need to do the Warmind campaign on both my Warlock and Titan, and get to finishing off some more of the Solstice Moments of Triumph.

What's stunning is that unlocking the shirt is actually one of the easier rewards to reach, whereas Destiny 1 had it as a more difficult prize. The in-game cosmetics (Ghost, Sparrow, Ship, second emblem) are all harder to obtain. Very curious turn.

As for The Division, I'm working on gathering as many global event credits as possible so I can unlock one of the event commendations (10/30 caches purchased so far, but hopefully I can unlock it; might have to matchmake some missions and spam my D3 build). Also still hunting for a better Bullfrog.

I did try out Resistance, failed at Wave 8 (probably because I strayed from defending the objective and ran out of time, but whatever). If I'm lucky I can grab a friend to help me reach Wave 15 repeatedly and start farming Hunter kills.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #3503
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
As for The Division, I'm working on gathering as many global event credits as possible so I can unlock one of the event commendations (10/30 caches purchased so far, but hopefully I can unlock it; might have to matchmake some missions and spam my D3 build).
Horrible luck: Internet kept dying over and over again, so I couldn't even check my fucking E-mail let alone play an online-only game. Ended up only being able to buy a handful of caches so I'll need to grind my ass off next time around. I did unlock a few commendations for killing a bunch of dudes really damn fast both with and without a shotgun, and I got to use the Bullfrog a lot for insane damage boosts.

Quote:
Also still hunting for a better Bullfrog.
And I finally have it! Dropped yesterday when I was grinding away in the Dark Zone. I slew some enemies in the tunnels during a contamination event and one dropped a Bullfrog with Predatory, nearly giving me a heart attack. I grabbed up all the other loot (including 3-4 sealed caches for easy credits) and with a full loot bag I struggled to find a safe extraction spot. Rogues were randomly cropping up so I decided to wait until later last night to chance things.

After I got back from my dad's, I logged back on and saw things were getting very risky. Several rogues both north and south of the checkpoint I was hiding in, and the south rogues were farming players at a safehouse so they could keep doing manhunt runs. After an hour they moved just a little farther south and I fled north, and when I saw a chopper coming in I risked it and went in. Two other players, we all just kept tense and then I hooked my bag and they played it cool. I ignored their invite (some players go rogue when you look at invites, it's a sucker punch tactic) and then left when my loot was safely out.

So now I finally have a Predatory/Responsive Bullfrog, meaning I can go ham on things with much more effect and the Responsive damage boost more than mitigates the power lost due to stability mods (not that I have many stability mods on there).

QuakeCon 2018 Doom Eternal full reveal

Oh god, so fucking beautiful! I outright laughed when I heard the hologram-woman say "Demon may be an offensive term. Please refer to those struggling with ascension as mortally challenged."

Mouse-keyboard slaughterfest was insane. PC master race, as usual, but I'm keeping to PS4.

Invasions! Thank god they're optional.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #3504
Space Cop
The Dandy

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Horrible luck: Internet kept dying over and over again, so I couldn't even check my fucking E-mail let alone play an online-only game...
I hate when that happens and I'm really in the mood for gaming.

Last edited by Space Cop; 08-12-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #3505
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So I decided to once more try and troll rogues in the DZ by calling in choppers near them and only carrying worthless junk.

Problems immediately arose:

1) It was very difficult to find rogues this time. Either they weren't manhunt yet and so I couldn't easily see them on the map, or they just weren't going after other players. Sometimes they were way off and it would be a chore getting to their area to bait them. I ran into one area, called the chopper, took off, and a short while later saw several rogues flare up there; near miss, that.

2) Game decided to do supply drops. I am at 61/75, but shit if the last 2-3 I went for weren't in populated areas because several other players decided they wanted some of that sweetness. This is only serving to hammer in the "so close yet so far" feeling, taunting me.

3) Contamination event starts, and I chase down the nearest threat for easy credits. Every major enemy during this will drop sealed caches, so I grabbed several, checked the map for rogues, and made another risky call to extract in DZ01. Probably got lucky since there was a manhunt active. More money from the caches and that's that.

I also tried to do Skirmish (dedicated PvP), got incredibly lucky first match, but then some dumbass thought that poorly-filtered rap music (including loads of the usual swearing in the lyrics) would be awesome to blare through his mic during the second match. That round went horribly, but I got another 10 points to my commendation score as well as my first victory (match 1), so it's 19 wins to go until I have another commendation checked off (it'll be a total slog, though).

edit -- Got my loot jacked twice by two different rogues. Three sealed caches gone. Le sigh...

Last edited by Agent Purple; 08-13-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #3506
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

James and Mike Mondays: Grand Theft Auto V (with mods)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #3507
buffalorock
Manhunter Repairman

Started Horizon Zero Dawn, found it cheap at Gamestop this past weekend. I'ts pretty neat so far, I like the world building and setting.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #3508
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Fucking FINALLY just completed the last type of West Side Piers Alert that I needed (Unauthorized Access: guard a terminal from waves of enemies). Those dudes bum rush in an endless wave, most have armor, a bunch of them were Cleaners (garbage men with goddamn flamethrowers), and you absolutely can't let them have more than a single second's access to the terminal or you fail the alert.

Twice before I tried and failed (first time I didn't know what the fuck to do, second time they hacked the terminal because there were too many of them and I couldn't stop them all). This time was barely any different: I nearly got killed several times, barely getting enough health either through a medkit or heal station or my gun's talent regenerating my health. Swarms of dudes making me waste time on fire, terminal nearly hacked two or three times, but then it shows up, two commendations unlocked. Only things left to do in WSP are Resistance challenges and the secret mission.

I'm also ~50 items away from having picked up 10k dropped loot pieces. That'll be a weight off my shoulders.

But best of all, only 11 supply drops in the Dark Zone to go and then that sweet patch is mine.
Old Today, 03:36 AM   #3509
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Been having an amazing run of luck lately in the game, especially the DZ.

1) Completed that 10k items picked up commendation, which means I only need to get several million Dark Zone credits and then that's another challenge completed.

2) Been looting sealed caches (and two Bullfrogs and a NinjaBike), and no rogues attacked me.

3) In fact, I ambushed a couple rogues who were fighting NPCs at a landmark. I managed to kill one but his buddy took me out shortly after. I didn't care, I was amused that they got a surprise from me of all people.

4) 280 landmarks cleared, well shy of the 500 needed to complete the current stage of this commendation, but I'm getting there.

5) Reached wave 20 on all three Resistance maps, slaughtering plenty of First Wave Agents and quite a lot of Hunters. Doing all this helped me knock out a number of commendations and boosted my score by a healthy jump, and now I only have several dozen boss waves to clear and then that's everything (at least, under the WSP-specific tab, because the Secret Mission is under a different tab).

6) The big one: I successfully claimed the last handful of supply drops, unlocking the much-desired First Aid patch. Seventy-five agonizing races and firefights, some of them against truly despised enemies (seriously, some of the guards you have to clear are utterly brutal, because I'd have had this a while ago otherwise). I've got the patch on my main character and I'm not taking it off for a long, long time. I'm very proud of myself for accomplishing this.