No announcement yet.

NYC COMIC CON THREAD FOR 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!!!! If I had a spare room I would totally offer it to you guys. Where did you stay?
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

We stayed at the Hampton Inn right across from MSG. It was a great area and convenient for sight seeing tours and the NYCC. Too bad we had to pay so much for it.

Comment

That's because it is prime tourist area. I get alot of deals and stuff from work. I will keep and eye out for stuff. Have you considered going a little outside of the high traffic tourist areas. They will charge out the ass just cause you are in that area.
        I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

We considered staying in Jersey, but didn't want to spend 3 hours of the day sitting in traffic. Just getting to the Hotel from the airport was a nightmare... and EVERYONE drives like they have crickets in their crotch.

Comment

Yo.

U couldve rented a room in Newark, then taken a PATH train (a 10-trip pass is only $13) from there straight to Penn Station, and from there its just a small walk; trying to drive up & down when yur on vacation defeats the purpose of "not exerting yurself".

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

My wife hates walking. She'd pay $20 for a taxi to take her from MSG to Times Square.

One of the locals told us how to take the train from MSG to the drop off point at Ellis for our Liberty tour... and man! It was go here, go there, turn here, turn there... I got sensory overload just listening to the guy... then we ventured to the station and saw a maze of ticket purchase machines and said "Screw it! We'll take a taxi." We probably would have gotten lost and missed the tour.

Comment

When my wife and I travel, we typically take the train everywhere because it's much cheaper than a taxi.

Sylent,
                you mentioned that the trip to NYC set you back. Does that make you regret that you went to NYC?
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                  Sylent,
                  you mentioned that the trip to NYC set you back. Does that make you regret that you went to NYC?
                  Not at all. In fact, I'm trying to convince my wife to go again this year. The only thing that was a pain was the Hotel. Everything else was reasonably priced... and the flight was like $200 RT since we booked months in advance.

Comment

Glad to hear it. As I recommended, Jet Blue has pretty cheap fares. A former co-worker of mine recommended to me years ago as he has family in NYC was would travel there from San Francisco a few times a year.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                      My wife hates walking. She'd pay $20 for a taxi to take her from MSG to Times Square.
                      U should be able to *easily* catch & take 1 from Penn to the Javitz, but I dont think that would cost ya anywhere near that.......

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                      One of the locals told us how to take the train from MSG to the drop off point at Ellis for our Liberty tour... and man! It was go here, go there, turn here, turn there... I got sensory overload just listening to the guy... then we ventured to the station and saw a maze of ticket purchase machines and said "Screw it! We'll take a taxi." We probably would have gotten lost and missed the tour.
                      gotta luv Manhattan!

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I'm going to make a trip out to NYC in the next year or two. I'll either go in the Spring or Fall.

Comment

Yo.

do the fall; less tourists.

Tazer

Comment

Could have fooled me. There were Euros and Japanese everywhere when I went... and none of them knew what manners were.

Comment

Really? I mean, I've been to Japan and I received very courtesious service.

Comment

Those were workers, not tourists. When you go to NYC, go to the Empire State Building and try to take a photo then tell me what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X