Green Lantern #48 *Previews/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I would be fine with Parallax being retired permanently. DC's continued use of him reminds me of Vince McMahon's insistence on pushing wrestlers who nobody cares about.
    This could be a chance to put the wraps on Parallax for a while. Or make it a permanent pony show. I just want the inside joke to go away that every relaunch the Parallax story has to return by issue number 50.

The Convergence version goes back to the hollow, one note version they needed the character to be in order to change the guard. So, there is a chance to humanize that take of the character or have modern Hal break him down for good.

Evil Green Superman feels redundant at this point in the DCU. That's why I am looking forward to this. We can either add some depth to 'Lax, make him cooler, or send him away forever. I'm not opposed to his being the last time we see him,as long as they move the ancient, by the numbers, robotic bad guy forward in some form or fashion.

That said, the time traveling aspect of a multiverse character means we will likely always have another look at some point...

-Don
    “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      I finally sat down and read annual #4 and GL #45-48 in one sitting, so I' now caught up. #48 wasn't actually bad, very passable story. I'm rolling my eyes at them bringing in a version of Parallax in time for another GL #50, but whatever. We'll see where it goes.

And thank the lord they finally got rid of that stupid long hair with the short bangs on Hal. Depending on the page, he either looked like a chick, or Bruce Dickenson.
      Yes, the haircut was a highlight. Weird that it would be, but it was.
      “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Working...
      X