14.29%
    42.86%
    14.29%
    4.76%

I really hate the symbol on her eye.

Comment

Issue out. Poll up!

Comment

I like the reflection of Simon on the battery. Can't wait to check this out today haven't picked up GL in a bit.
        http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Really enjoyed this issue. Felt really nice and I enjoyed the set up for the dynamic between Baz and Jessica. Knowing Johns co-wrote this makes me curious as to how the book will be as Humphries writes it solo. Excited for Green Lantern for the first time in a while though!
          The Darkness shall try to overcome the Light but it cannot.

Comment

Just finished reading it. Really liked it and how it sets things up

Comment

really enjoyed it, except for some of ethan's art that looked weird and rushed in some panels.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                I really hate the symbol on her eye.
                Yeah, it's a little too "Dazzler" for me. And does she have to have the symbol *in* her eye as well as over it? Overkill.

Comment

What is it about Heroes wishing Guy was dead? Its not funny.

Comment

Well I gave it a try.

Comment

Since I've been defending this books right to exist I'm glad that the first issue wasn't terrible though it wasn't anything special either.

On the writing side of things it's hard to tell who wrote what so I didn't really feel like we got a handle of what Humphries handle on the book will really be like, overall though the story really just boiled down to setup which I found a tad disappointing. I'm also a bit disappointed that we didn't really get to hear much of Jessica's voice come through in this issue, I felt like we got a strong dose Simon and that's pretty much it. If this is truly going to be a buddy cop book that can't continue.

On the art side of things Benes wasn't as bad as I expected him to be but I thought EVS wasn't up to his usual standard, the page where Jessica and Simon recharged their rings really bothered me, Jessica looked like she was a gymnast on a balance beam...just awkward posing.

Since no one ended up in a banana suit I consider it a win. 3/5.

Comment

Art was great, nice to have talented artists on the book again. I miss Mahnke, I really took him for granted.

Cool story and it's got me intrigued but It'd have been cool if those first 3 pages were put to good use and added a little extra background on Jessica and Simon.
                        I liked the little twist and it teases a buddy cop/odd couple dynamic that could be interesting going forward.

I'd definitely recommend it if you're not sure.

4/5

Comment

Originally posted by BaronTheRed View Post
                          Really enjoyed this issue. Felt really nice and I enjoyed the set up for the dynamic between Baz and Jessica. Knowing Johns co-wrote this makes me curious as to how the book will be as Humphries writes it solo. Excited for Green Lantern for the first time in a while though!
                          Originally posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
                          Just finished reading it. Really liked it and how it sets things up
                          Me too, which surprised me since I don't particularly care for either character.

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                          . . . I'm also a bit disappointed that we didn't really get to hear much of Jessica's voice come through in this issue, I felt like we got a strong dose Simon and that's pretty much it...
                          Actually, though, the bit where she meets up with her sister struck a chord with me since I'm a bit agoraphobic (my family would say more than a bit) and I could easily echo some of those thought boxes.

Comment

Review by Me! Review by Iggy! READ READ READ!

Comment

Ugh. The art was the only thing I enjoyed about this issue, and someone else is taking over in the next issue. Very pretty art, for the one issue they could muster it up. I would have given it 1 star, but the art brought it up to 2 stars.

The rest of it? Pretty much the dreck I expected. I gave it a chance but I'm done.

Comment

Working...
                              X