Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 (2012)

"You don't get it, do you, son? This isn't a mud hole. It's an operating table. And I'm the surgeon."

Very well done, though I don't see why they made some of the changes they did (the two guys being replaced by the one pimp, the one guy Mutant being replaced by the lady Mutant), including the absence of some damn great lines ("Welcome to Hell" and the ending lines of Batman and Dent's conversation). Still, it was very enjoyable (loved the Demon Batman inclusion, though it also made me mourn the loss of the True Nightmare costume in Arkham Origins.

And yes, Rob and Don are in this, and as glorious as ever.

The voice talent was pretty good (who doesn't love Peter Weller?), though Gordon's VA could have been a little better; maybe it's just my TAS bias.

Need to buy and watch Part 2 now, should be cheap enough.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Didn't plan to watch two sequels to a video game adaptation, but it worked that way...

Silent Hill: Revelation (2012)

"Some people sees monsters. Other people just see people."

I thought this was pretty much as good and creepy as #1.

Comment

• Very hilarious and even dramatic. One of the best films that showcased Robin Williams voice talents and impressions, another being Aladdin. Still can't believe he's gone. May he RIP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post

Very hilarious and even dramatic. One of the best films that showcased Robin Williams voice talents and impressions, another being Aladdin. Still can't believe he's gone. May he RIP!
          1. Aladdin
          2. Good Will Hunting
          3. Insomnia
          4. Good Morning Vietnam
          5. Dead Poets Society

Comment

• Ed Wood (1994)

"Well, I see the usual cast of misfits and dope addicts are here."

Starting watching this Friday night for Edward D. Wood Jr.'s 90th birthday (or what would have been), but when my father called and chatted for a half hour I had to postpone the ending until last night.

Comment

• Personally, I loved this movie. Luc Besson being one of my top 5 directors, I was probably going to anyway. Granted, it was weird, but I did love it.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
              When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

• I have been on a mini-movie spree lately.

So I re-watched:

Godzilla (2014)

Had a friend over who hadn't seen it. I think he was kind of bored by it (and he chattered a bit while watching, which irritates the shit out of me) but he agreed the death scene was beyond awesome.

Transformers: Age of Extinction

It's neat how, when you re-watch a movie many times in a row, you can pick up on something different every time you see it. I happened to notice that Optimus does a lot of ground punching during his transformations. I guess he really was pissed off at the humans. And I loved Hound's character. I gotta find me some gifs of his one-liners.

Robocop (2014)

I bought this dvd Friday night because I was bored at the Cape with no intarwebs. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, not that I was expecting it to be crap; I just didn't remember the movie having any kind of press or excitement when it came out, but I'm a casual fan so I wouldn't necessarily be looking for it, either. I did see the original back in the 80's but haven't seen it since, so I only remember the main points and Peter Weller's forehead. LOL
                It was good to see Michael Keaton again; I don't believe I've seen him in a movie in a long time. Too bad he was playing a dick. Gary Oldman's character was excellent; probably my favorite in the movie. And Sam Jackson was freakin' hysterical. Kinneman does an excellent job of portraying the main character; I thought he captured the struggle between machine and man perfectly, and it was cool to see his humanity outweigh his robotics. The FX was unbelievable, especially in the scene where they take Robocop apart limb by limb to reveal what little flesh and blood he has left. That scene and the gentleman trying to play guitar with his mechanical fingers stand out for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by kazzar View Post

Personally, I loved this movie. Luc Besson being one of my top 5 directors, I was probably going to anyway. Granted, it was weird, but I did love it.
                  Haven't seen Lucy yet but Besson is a favorite of mine too. Ever notice that he has a strong tendency for kick-butt females? Consider:

La Femme Nikita--woman trained to be an assassin
                  Leon--little girl apprentices with a hitman
                  Fifth Element--the supreme being is a perfect, fighting lady
                  The Messenger--Joan of Arc
                  Colombiana--another female assassin

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Haven't seen Lucy yet but Besson is a favorite of mine too. Ever notice that he has a strong tendency for kick-butt females? Consider:

La Femme Nikita--woman trained to be an assassin
                    Leon--little girl apprentices with a hitman
                    Fifth Element--the supreme being is a perfect, fighting lady
                    The Messenger--Joan of Arc
                    Colombiana--another female assassin
                    I have actually noticed this. I think it's part of what I like about his movies. Even From Paris With Love (which he didn't direct, but did write) explored this a little. Maybe not enough, but it's still one of my all-time favorite movies, along with Fifth Element, and now this.

With me wanting to be a Director/Writer, I'd love to do a collaboration with him one day.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
                    When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

• Dracula Untold

Write-up about it in the horror thread.

Comment

• Scream 2 (1997)

"B***h, hang up the phone and star-69 his a**!"

Comment

• The Other Woman - Even though this didn't get good reviews, is tragic by title and completely impractical by content, I thought this was a really fun flick... and any man that leaves Leslie Mann for Cameron Diaz is nutso.

Comment

• Draft Day

Very Hollywood telling of a fictional day of a General Manager of the Cleveland Brown of draft day. The side story lines were pretty lame and were only added to create additional drama. The film was okay.

2/5
                            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• The Crow: Wicked Prayer (2005)

"The Apocalypse is gonna be one hell of a honeymoon!"

So, I thought this was better than the 1 and 1/2 stars it rated on Netflix ... but not much. The acting was mostly bad and although Furlong looks kind of cool from a distance as the Crow, when he's squatting there and posing, he's about as a scary as a poodle.

I think they missed an opportunity too. The bad guys style themselves as the four horsemen of the Apocalypse--Famine, Pestilence, War, and Death, but they didn't come up with a get-up for Tara Reid (Lola), the witch who tags along. If they just remembered their book of Revelation, they could've called her "Hell" ("And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.--Rev. 6:8)

Comment

• Man, I love the crow series and I can't even sit thru part 4. I saw it once and that was enough.

Part 3 is pretty underrated. Still not the best but a solid effort imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X