Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was clear when the show came back from hiatus and didn't have any change in marketing from before the hiatus.

Comment

• I'm starting to wonder if CN might actually be viewing Disney taking Clone Wars away as a blessing. I thought the loss of Clone Wars might present an incentive to keep GL around, but now I'm wondering if it didn't just give them the opportunity to make a clean sweep of the action programs (since they likely didn't DARE cancel a popular Star Wars program, but couldn't be blamed for losing it to Disney's buyout).

Comment

• Well, I think Saturday morning cartoons have been endangered species for awhile. I mean, the major don't even air them anymore. I can't remember the last time I watched a Saturday morning cartoon from any of the major networks.

Personally, I think the production costs are the factors in shutting down the series. CGI and voice actors aren't cheap.
        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
          Personally, I think the production costs are the factors in shutting down the series. CGI and voice actors aren't cheap.
          Why the heck was Dragon Riders of Berk renewed, then? Lower ratings, and just as much CGI and voice acting...

EDIT: Come to think of it, why WAS Dragon Riders renewed? Low ratings, probably not cheap to produce, and it isn't a brainless comedy series. Or at least I don't think it is- I've never actually seen a whole episode. By most of the reasonings I've seen for why they canned YJ and GL, they should have canned Dragon Riders, too. Did the show's producers somehow negotiate a minimum number of episodes before they could cancel it?
          Mister Ed
          Horse of a Different Color
          Last edited by Mister Ed; 01-31-2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• Is there a How to Tame Your Dragon sequel coming out? Maybe that would have something to do with it...I dunno.
            The last fan of 1990s comics
            Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• It appears that CN never had any plans to renew GL or YJ, probably to make room for the two new shows on the DC Nation block. Expanding DC Nation to 2 hours would have been unthinkable despite GL and YJ's increasing ratings, I suppose.

Regarding Batman toons, it seems it's a given to give them at least a 2-season shot for success. The Batman was terrible and that got 3 seasons (I think).

Comment

• The Batman got about four or five seasons.

Batman solo
                Batman & Batgirl
                Batman & Robin
                Batman & Justice Leaguer of the week

EDIT: Just wiki'd it. It had 5 seasons.
                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                  The Batman got about four or five seasons.

Batman solo
                  Batman & Batgirl
                  Batman & Robin
                  Batman & Justice Leaguer of the week

EDIT: Just wiki'd it. It had 5 seasons.
                  Short seasons, though. That "5 seasons" is only 65 episodes, the same number Batman: The Brave and the Bold got, in what was called 3 seasons (and was more like 2.5).

Comment

• Its pathetic how many series Batman has gotten. GL is basically the first regular DC character to get his own cartoon series in the current age (Static doesn’t count because he was a milestone exclusive character when the series originally premiered). Several of Marvel’s characters have gotten their own cartoons but DC characters (aside from Bats and Supes) are left out of the dust.

It’s downright depressing if you ask me.
                    Mister.Weirdo
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 01-31-2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Indeed. It's sad that not even Superman is getting a new series. You'd think that would be a lock with Man of Steel on the way.
                      The last fan of 1990s comics
                      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• I would be totally down for spamming the Cartoon Network people with GL rings...especially if the news that Scar was showing up was true. No one denies me animated Black Hand!!

Comment

• After all these years...I guess it will always be Supes and Bats. WB has no clue whatsoever on how to capitalize on the other DC heroes. While i'm of the mind that we will never get another GL movie and now what I've read that WB is taking a wait and see approach to how well the new Supes movie does before they commit to a JLA movie....we will always just get Supes and Bats movies. While Bats had those two terrible flicks before Nolan's..they still made more Bats movies. After the dismal Superman Returns....we still get another Supes movie. i wish Disney would buy DC from WB.

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                            Indeed. It's sad that not even Superman is getting a new series. You'd think that would be a lock with Man of Steel on the way.
                            At this point a new Superman series would be a fresh of breath air.

I don’t hate Batman, but he’s gotten plenty of TV shows at this point.

You know there’s something really wrong when even Black Panther can at least get his own TV miniseries (not hating on the character or anything), and Flash has failed to get his own cartoon.
                            Mister.Weirdo
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 01-31-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                              At this point a new Superman series would be a fresh of breath air.

I don’t hate Batman, but he’s gotten plenty of TV shows at this point.

You know there’s something really wrong when even Black Panther can get his own TV miniseries (not hating on the character or anything).
                              Agreed. I really think Batman has oversaturated the market. i mean...c'mon...something new please. And with GL:TAS...we had something new and refreshing....plus it was gaining ground. Just really really tired of all the Bat-Crap all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldGamer View Post
                                I wish Disney would buy DC from WB.
                                Amen brother, or at least someone open to going outside the mainstream media to create a series. Hell, The Green Lantern Corps is full of endless story lines, , Red Tornado, Blue Beetle, Cyborg, Firestorm, the list is endless. DC has tons of characters that are great and deserves some TV time.

But WB just doesn't make sense to me. Flash has shown to have a huge fan base. But they make a movie of Jonah Hex, which is a nice character. but doesn't have a big following. Go figure

Comment

Working...
                                X