The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
    I've gotten sucked into the world of Star Wars Black Figures, and regardless of Carano's half-baked philosophies, I still wanted a Cara Dune. That is not to be, it seems:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...184106288.html
    Why buy a figure of someone you dislike? Your supporting her wile at the same time saying she deserved to be fired. Wouldn't buying her action figure classify you as a nazi loyalist or you somehow support her controversial tweets about jews? Hasbro blows anyways with there constent sculps being reused or switching out parts from past releases.its either neca super 7 or mezco when it comes to collecting for me . soft pussies like yourself is what is going to drive up scalper prices for her figure or for anything people find offensive now seeing as ebay has some in the a little over $100 dollar range. Highest one is $305.00 if people didnt get there medicaley created genitalia in a twist and push this im offended agenda collectors Could of been paying regular retail prices. The way people act now a days they dont want to just cancel someone they want to erase there very image and existence. Are people going to cancel mma and ufc now because gina started her career as a mma fighter do we just erase her accomplishments there because some gender confused weirdo didnt like she didnt agree with him or or it? the president of ufc dana white is a trump supporter does he get canceled now? What about me? Do i get canceled to where im black listed for ever getting a job because of the party im a part of? Do i have a right to exist because i voted for trump with zero regret? Or do i just get canceled erased and forgotten by society because i dont agree with this myth of suppression in the usa regarding transgenderism or all men are mysoginyst or black people are being hunted by police like its a sport or how men dont want women to have equal pay or a possition of power? Because Thats where its going tell me mr therapist when is enough enough with cancel culture?Where is the line drawn? You really should check your own morality before judging anyone
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 02-15-2021, 05:48 PM.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
      Why buy a figure of someone you dislike? Your supporting her wile at the same time saying she deserved to be fired.
      Appreciating someone's art and approving of his/her personal life are two very different animals. As a fan of several sports, I can't even count how many times an athlete on one of my teams has made a boneheaded decision that got him fined, demoted, suspended, or even cut. Likewise, I've been a pro wrestling fans since the 70s, and the great majority of the performers whom I have watched have made some pretty egregious choices. If I threw out media every time an actor/actress, athlete, writer, artist, made a poor choice, I wouldn't own anything. O, that way madness lies.

So, yes, I'd buy a Cara Dune figure, even though I understand why Disney and Hasbro had to scrap their plans for collectibles. I hope the character is eventually recast since she had plenty of untapped potential.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Appreciating someone's art and approving of his/her personal life are two very different animals. As a fan of several sports, I can't even count how many times an athlete on one of my teams has made a boneheaded decision that got him fined, demoted, suspended, or even cut. Likewise, I've been a pro wrestling fans since the 70s, and the great majority of the performers whom I have watched have made some pretty egregious choices. If I threw out media every time an actor/actress, athlete, writer, artist, made a poor choice, I wouldn't own anything. O, that way madness lies.

So, yes, I'd buy a Cara Dune figure, even though I understand why Disney and Hasbro had to scrap their plans for collectibles. I hope the character is eventually recast since she had plenty of untapped potential.
        But you cant seperate the 2. Look at Elvis hes the definition of a pedo when he married his wife at 14 so are you suggesting you can simply seperate the predator from the mucisian and you support grown men marrying 14 year olds? Thats not a mistake. Are you also one of those guys who thinks being attracted to kids is a sexuality? Theres a huge push in California and Australia saying it is. What about Michael vick? Guy was involved in dog fighting so just because he plays football its ok? What about people like Chris brown and rihanna? Just because there celebritys we just ignore they both were abusive to eachother because of the relationship? What about guys like oj who murdered his wife and friend led police on a chase on the freeway and thats a mistake?What about the guys who did collumbine are you going to tell the parents whos kids were guned down its ok its a mistake ? What about casey Anthony who murdered her child with evidence and lied to police? Is that a mistake? What about chris benoit? Kills his wife son than himself over a 3 day weekend is that a mistake? Why not simply Kill himself and leave the wife and son be?Slipping on ice is a mistake, forgetting a wallet purse money clip is a mistake, not writing a check is a mistake. The shit i posted above is no mistake. If your suggesting all that evil should be called a mistake than Disney never should of fired gina than for what she said . All those people are forgivable but gina isnt? 100 years ago men could beat there wives with a stick no bigger than there thumb called the rule of thumb. It was a law and just because something is law dosent make it right all the time
        TazzMission
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by TazzMission; 02-16-2021, 02:30 PM.

Comment

But you cant sepeerate the 2. Look at Elvis hes the definition of a pedo when he married his wife at 14 so are you suggesting you can simply seperate the predator from the mucisian and you support grown men marrying 14 year olds? ...
          She didn't marry him until she was almost 22, but their relationship went back that far on and off.

And I definitely find it possible and necessary to separate the person from the art or I'd have no pop culture left. Liking a work of art doesn't mean you approve of everything the artists making it ever did. That's impossible to even know.

I love Schwarzenegger movies, but I hate that he cheated on his wife. That's a deplorable thing to do, but does that mean I can't enjoy Predator anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            She didn't marry him until she was almost 22, but their relationship went back that far on and off.

And I definitely find it possible and necessary to separate the person from the art or I'd have no pop culture left. Liking a work of art doesn't mean you approve of everything the artists making it ever did. That's impossible to even know.

I love Schwarzenegger movies, but I hate that he cheated on his wife. That's a deplorable thing to do, but does that mean I can't enjoy Predator anymore?
            I base it on the severity of the situation. Not saying i agree with cheating but thats not at the top of my list when it comes to arguing a mistake as blu is arguing. As for Arnold the maids just as guilty and nobody calls her a whore despite knowing Arnolds wife kids and riding him in his and his wifes bed wich i assume is also being paid a shit ton of money. Maid Could of said no to a affair but still hopped on his dick yet Arnold is the one called a creep pig adulter. As for Elvis hes still a pedo imo even if he married her at 22. Grown man dating a 14 year old is a red flag and shows he cant meet people his own age
            TazzMission
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by TazzMission; 02-16-2021, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• That falls into the same trap as the cancel culture where the viewer judges what's unforgivable. As a Christian, I really believe we're all sinners in need of grace and I, as a sinner, can't judge that XYZ is where I draw the line. I like Elvis for (a lot of) his music, not for his moral choices.

Comment

That falls into the same trap as the cancel culture where the viewer judges what's unforgivable. As a Christian, I really believe we're all sinners in need of grace and I, as a sinner, can't judge that XYZ is where I draw the line. I like Elvis for (a lot of) his music, not for his moral choices.
                But as a Christian how many times can you turn the other cheek before saying enough is enough? Or a more common saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me? Im still new to the faith even though i may not express it as what people would call a real Christian in a possitive light because all i know is fight defend fight with a chip on my shoulder in the most aggressive way but if someone in life makes a x ammount of mistakes with say hardcore drugs like cocaine and uppers and you sink every ounce of energy or money into said person for a little over 10 years isnt it fair to argue you did the best you can possible and that person has to go it on there own with no more assistance and hit rock bottom? Im not god himself but im simply human.Im refering to a family member of mine and if i ever wrote a book about this family man people will either not believe it or asked how i didnt become more screwed up than i am.
                TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 02-16-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• ^Yeah, unfortunately in personal relations it can be tricky and is a matter of wisdom. We're called to forgive, but that doesn't mean enabling others to continue to harm themselves or others. But now we've probably gone off topic from Star Wars enough.

Comment

^Yeah, unfortunately in personal relations it can be tricky and is a matter of wisdom. We're called to forgive, but that doesn't mean enabling others to continue to harm themselves or others. But now we've probably gone off topic from Star Wars enough.
                    I just get annoyed because nowadays all i hear is excuses and nobody taking responsibility or accountability. Thanks for putting up with my all over the place ranting but i do feel like that

Comment

But you cant seperate the 2. Look at Elvis hes the definition of a pedo when he married his wife at 14 so are you suggesting you can simply seperate the predator from the mucisian and you support grown men marrying 14 year olds? Thats not a mistake. Are you also one of those guys who thinks being attracted to kids is a sexuality? Theres a huge push in California and Australia saying it is. What about Michael vick? Guy was involved in dog fighting so just because he plays football its ok? What about people like Chris brown and rihanna? Just because there celebritys we just ignore they both were abusive to eachother because of the relationship? What about guys like oj who murdered his wife and friend led police on a chase on the freeway and thats a mistake?What about the guys who did collumbine are you going to tell the parents whos kids were guned down its ok its a mistake ? What about casey Anthony who murdered her child with evidence and lied to police? Is that a mistake? What about chris benoit? Kills his wife son than himself over a 3 day weekend is that a mistake? Why not simply Kill himself and leave the wife and son be?Slipping on ice is a mistake, forgetting a wallet purse money clip is a mistake, not writing a check is a mistake. The shit i posted above is no mistake. If your suggesting all that evil should be called a mistake than Disney never should of fired gina than for what she said . All those people are forgivable but gina isnt? 100 years ago men could beat there wives with a stick no bigger than there thumb called the rule of thumb. It was a law and just because something is law dosent make it right all the time
                      Sorry, but this post is all over the place, so I'll stick to my basic premise. In most cases, I have no issue admiring someone's talent, even if I don't care for something he/she did. Expecting everyone to conform to your own personal belief system is a recipe for disappointment.

For instance, two of my favorite wrestlers, Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels, were admittedly immature and self-destructive individuals at different points in their lives. However, much like Cara Dune, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair were fictional characters. When I watched tapes of them, it wasn't an endorsement of Michael Hickenbottom's unprofessionalism or Richard Fliehr's numerous personal problems. However, much like Gina, both HBK and Flair suffered consequences of their actions.

As I said a few posts back, if Gina wanted to make amends, she could apologize, take some time away, and hire a good PR firm to stop her from making similar mistakes in the future. But she seems intent on digging in her heels and costing herself even more. So I'll continue to enjoy her time as Angel Dust, Cara Dune, and her time in MMA. I wish her time in SW was longer, but it is what it is.
                      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Sorry, but this post is all over the place, so I'll stick to my basic premise. In most cases, I have no issue admiring someone's talent, even if I don't care for something he/she did. Expecting everyone to conform to your own personal belief system is a recipe for disappointment.

For instance, two of my favorite wrestlers, Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels, were admittedly immature and self-destructive individuals at different points in their lives. However, much like Cara Dune, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair were fictional characters. When I watched tapes of them, it wasn't an endorsement of Michael Hickenbottom's unprofessionalism or Richard Fliehr's numerous personal problems. However, much like Gina, both HBK and Flair suffered consequences of their actions.

As I said a few posts back, if Gina wanted to make amends, she could apologize, take some time away, and hire a good PR firm to stop her from making similar mistakes in the future. But she seems intent on digging in her heels and costing herself even more. So I'll continue to enjoy her time as Angel Dust, Cara Dune, and her time in MMA. I wish her time in SW was longer, but it is what it is.
                        Check your walmart because its $2.00 for her black series in person shopping only. Just saw a video by worldclassbullshitters whos a legitimate collector of star wars . Vintage on the card is$ 3.50 video was from 5 hours ago

Comment

Check your walmart because its $2.00 for her black series in person shopping only. Just saw a video by worldclassbullshitters whos a legitimate collector of star wars . Vintage on the card is$ 3.50 video was from 5 hours ago
                          Thanks for the heads-up. I've heard rumors, but I hadn't done any online validation of them. I'm fully vaccinated, and I'm waiting for some family members to get their vaccines so I can go visit. Along the way, I plan to do some figure hunting since it's been over a year since I bought any figs that weren't online purchases.

Comment

• Apparently twitter turned on carl weathers because he stood up for gina. Also if you haven't seen her ben shapiro interview from yesterday i recommend you watch it .

Comment

• Twtter is also now trying to cancel henry cavil because he dated gina carano like 7 years ago . These people need to be highly medicated . This shits really out of control.
                              TazzMission
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by TazzMission; 02-23-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Twtter is also now trying to cancel henry cavil because he dated gina carano like 7 years ago . These people need to be highly medicated . This shits really out of control.
                                They were already trying to cancel him because a couple years ago he said he didn't feel comfortable dating anymore because of the #metoo thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X