No announcement yet.

The Flash: Rebirth #1 *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why cant it just be a flash from another timeline...

doesnt have to be jay or max or bart...
    HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Originally posted by Mewzard View Post
      And now we must wait months to find out if that's true...*sigh* The one flaw of comics, a long wait.
      We'll find out in two weeks when the conclusion of Final Crisis hits stands. If neither Wally or Jay bite the bullet in that issue, then yes we'll have to wait till April, but I'm pretty sure it'll Jay's last run in two weeks.

Originally posted by Mewzard View Post
      <_< We can't let Jay die...let it be Bart again...he's probably coming back briefly, if all those hints in previous Johns comics are right...Wally if he must, but not Jay!
      Don't joke like that! Wally before Jay!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Lord Malvolio View Post
      Seriously? They are calling it "Flash: Rebirth"? I had hoped that was the working title and Geoff would call it something a little more snappy (i.e. original!) Something like "Flash: Lightning Strikes Twice" or something.
      THATS WHAT I SAID!

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
      Could they just be speaking in past tense? Of Bart or more recently of Inertia? Just trying to hope for the best here. We already know EVS is redesigning Wally's costume and it's "the hardest thing he's ever had to do". But could it just be to make him a black lantern? I hope not. We've also been promised that there is room for more than one Flash as with the Earth GL's, so what gives???
      Let's hope they are speaking in past tense, but past tense from April would be after Final Crisis/Barry's return, so it still could be bad news for Jay. Wally won't be a Black Lantern, He's already confirmed that in his thread...though it was a bit vague.

Originally posted by Old School View Post
      why cant it just be a flash from another timeline...

doesnt have to be jay or max or bart...
      I don't think it would be worth mentioning if it was some random Flash from another timeline(excluding Bart in the future).

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        We'll find out in two weeks when the conclusion of Final Crisis hits stands. If neither Wally or Jay bite the bullet in that issue, then yes we'll have to wait till April, but I'm pretty sure it'll Jay's last run in two weeks.

Don't joke like that! Wally before Jay!!!!!!!!!

THATS WHAT I SAID!

Let's hope they are speaking in past tense, but past tense from April would be after Final Crisis/Barry's return, so it still could be bad news for Jay. Wally won't be a Black Lantern, He's already confirmed that in his thread...though it was a bit vague.

I don't think it would be worth mentioning if it was some random Flash from another timeline(excluding Bart in the future).

it would be, cause flash rebirth is just not about barry, wally, jay , bart.

its about the flash universe.

its could be a play on words.
        HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

IMO, there is no Flash universe, and if it becomes one after Rebirth, me being pissed will be the understatement of the year. "The Flash" is not a police force, its not an entity, its an identity.

Comment

IMO, there is no Flash universe, and if it becomes one after Rebirth, me being pissed will be the understatement of the year. "The Flash" is not a police force, its not an entity, its an identity.

yeah but you see your the thing is that your opinion doesn't count

and yes folks west knows im kidding with him, we already had discussed this days ago

Comment

I'm a TRUE Flash fan, if they can't get me to buy it, then what will happen in two years when everyone hates it again? They'll be crawling back to me, pleading with me to buy their retconed excuse for a book.

"And I'll look down and whisper........Fine." because I can't help it. lol

Comment

Or this could be a huge hit that helps to give a boost to Flash and the Flash mythos just like it did for GL and it's mythos but either way Barry is back so i'm happy.
                "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Flash:Rebirth will surely be a hit. That's not the problem...the problem is that we have zero idea what Johns is planning for a character that has never had a real personality and what he has planned for the characters that some of us have grown to love in Barry's 20+ year absence.

Comment

Flash:Rebirth will surely be a hit. That's not the problem...the problem is that we have zero idea what Johns is planning for a character that has never had a real personality and what he has planned for the characters that some of us have grown to love in Barry's 20+ year absence.

I have faith in geoff, if he does screw wally I have geoffs email address and he'll be hearing from me.

at the same.. bring on barry allen

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                      I have faith in geoff, if he does screw wally I have geoffs email address and he'll be hearing from me.

at the same.. bring on barry allen
                      Given how he wrote Wally for 5 years and how that tenure helped put him on the map, I can't see Johns screwing over Wally, but we'll see.

Comment

Barry's never had a real personality?, that is news to me and alot of other Barry Allen fans btw I thought you were a REAL Flash fan.

Comment

Describe Barry Allen's personality.....I'll wait. Take your time. Go read a couple hundred issues and find it...see if you describe it without using "typical" and 60's.

And Flash:Rebirth will be a hit, because Geoff Johns has the biggest fanbase of any 'new' writer out there. It'll be a hit because since Infinite Crisis, The Flash has been the very definition of poor writing and people want good Flash stories. What people fail to realize is that Barry Allen isn't the answer to the failure of the 3rd Flash relaunch. The answer is good fucking writing, and hopefully Johns can improve on what he did all those 7 years ago.
                          W.West
                          Last edited by W.West; 01-16-2009, 04:32 AM.

Comment

The answer is good fucking writing, and hopefully Johns can improve on what he did all those 7 years ago.
                            Hey, if Rogues' Revenge was any indication of how his current style compares to his previous take on the Flash, then I'm not worried...

Comment

Describe Barry Allen's personality.....I'll wait. Take your time. Go read a couple hundred issues and find it...see if you describe it without using "typical" and 60's.

And Flash:Rebirth will be a hit, because Geoff Johns has the biggest fanbase of any 'new' writer out there. It'll be a hit because since Infinite Crisis, The Flash has been the very definition of poor writing and people want good Flash stories. What people fail to realize is that Barry Allen isn't the answer to the failure of the 3rd Flash relaunch. The answer is good fucking writing, and hopefully Johns can improve on what he did all those 7 years ago.
                              You're starting to sound like one of those bitter Kyle fanboys who always called Hal boring and that there was no need to bring him back because their guy was so much more relatable. Also Geoff isn't a magician he can't wave his hand and make something a hit look at Booster Gold it sold ok but was nowhere near his other titles. It takes a great character and great writting to make a hit that is why GL Rebirth worked and that was before Geoff became who he is now. The fact is they've tried it all with Flash and nothing has worked now Barry is getting his well deserved second shot, you don't like it fine but don't classify yourself as a REAL Flash fan when you obviously aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by JME2 View Post
                                Hey, if Rogues' Revenge was any indication of how his current style compares to his previous take on the Flash, then I'm not worried...
                                The only thing that bothers me about Rogue's Revenge was the bitch slap that he gave Wally and Hunter. He depowered my favorite villain and he made Wally seem like a softy, because Barry is supposed to be this hard ass, when he was NEVER EVER written that way. So the reason the Rogue's are shaky in their new Gambi designed boots is out of Johns' head not because its true.

Originally posted by Raker616 View Post
                                You're starting to sound like one of those bitter Kyle fanboys who always called Hal boring and that there was no need to bring him back because their guy was so much more relatable. Also Geoff isn't a magician he can't wave his hand and make something a hit look at Booster Gold it sold ok but was nowhere near his other titles. It takes a great character and great writting to make a hit that is why GL Rebirth worked and that was before Geoff became who he is now. The fact is they've tried it all with Flash and nothing has worked now Barry is getting his well deserved second shot, you don't like it fine but don't classify yourself as a REAL Flash fan when you obviously aren't.
                                Great job answering that question!

This has nothing to do with Hal Jordan, please stay on subject. I've been collecting The Flash since 1993, I've been buying Flash appearances for the last two years. I think that solidifies me as a fan. You don't think I'm a fan because I don't favor the return of Barry Allen? GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! Did I not just say
                                "The answer is good fucking writing, and hopefully Johns can improve on what he did all those 7 years ago"
                                ? Did you fucking miss that part? YOU can't even describe your favorite Flash's personality and I'M the one who's not a real fan. Your obviously missing a few screws if thats what you think. Just because you worship the ground Geoff Johns walks on and the paper he writes on doesn't mean that Flash:Rebirth will be a good story or even a good idea.

With Barry Allen's return, I PRAY that it is. It will clearly be a financial success because its The Flash + the return of Barry Allen + "the great" Geoff Johns. And your idiotic comparison of Booster Gold was hilarious. Thank you dude, that was a good laugh to start the day. ITS BOOSTER GOLD! OF COURSE IT ISN'T GOING TO SELL LIKE ACTION COMICS,JSA,GREEN LANTERN,AND ROGUE'S REVENGE! Oh, I guess you forgot all those golden touches he's given those books. Let's see if the new Superman Origin book fails

"TRIED IT ALL"? Are you fucking serious? Geoff Johns sent Wally away in the first place! He started all that, and when they finally brought him back, Mark Waid was forced to establish his kids as a vital apart of his life. One minute their toddlers and the next they've got 8+ years on them. Bart Allen's book was never meant to be done well, because its been DC's plan all along to bring Barry back. And the only way to justify bringing him back is if The Flash titles needs it, but it doesn't. It needs consistent writing. I have nothing against the Barry Allen character, and I'll gladly cheer him on, but his return to the DCU was unnecessary and you fucking know it. And to say it is, is basically you claiming your ignorance of anything Flash.

lol

W.West
                                Last edited by W.West; 01-16-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X