Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Cruise for Hal? Chris McQuarrie for director?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Cruise for Hal? Chris McQuarrie for director?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/green...-corps-a158424

I think they'd be lucky to get Tom, personally.
    Great news!
    20.00%
    Bad news!
    60.00%
    Not crazy about it but might be good
    20.00%

I'd be fine with it. I'm not a particularly big Tom Cruise fan, but I don't dislike him, and he's a big enough name that were they to land him for the film, it would at least serve as something of an indicator to me that the studio was actually taking the movie somewhat seriously (though there are plenty of actors that are less well known that could do the role justice given a decent script. And Cruise isn't going to fix things if the script sucks.)

Comment

He did so much for the Mummy movie. *cough*

Comment

12+ years ago maybe, but now? No.... so much no. WB's answer to making a movie work is to hire a big name actor. Did Ben Afleck save Batman? No he did not. Will Jason Mamoa save Aquaman... probably not.

Chris Pine was offered GL and when he saw the script for WW he knew which role to take. There went the perfect Hal right there...

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
          Did Ben Afleck save Batman? No he did not.
          We haven't even gotten Batman 1 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            We haven't even gotten Batman 1 yet.
            After two shit performances they didn't want him in it! The first thing the new director did was throw out Afleck and Johns script! That wasn't so he'd stick around...

~//V\\~

Comment

I saw this today on Shill-ider, I mean Collider. Not really excited by the idea of Cruise playing Jordan. Not that I think it would ever come to pass anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
                After two shit performances they didn't want him in it!
                Affleck's performance in BvS was widely considered its biggest saving grace... murdering and whatnot aside.

Hard to get mad at him in JL. They literally used NONE of his performance in the Snyder version... it was all reshoot stuff. By this time he wasn't even in Batman shape anymore. And probably pissed he had to redo everything from scratch.

The first thing the new director did was throw out Afleck and Johns script!
                Thank god. The smartest thing a Hollywood director can ever do is throw out a script with Geoff Johns' name on it.

That wasn't so he'd stick around...
                Nonsense. Reeves had said over and over again, "That's our guy" for "The Batman." Affleck has said over and over again he is keen on the movie, but won't commit to anything until he reads a script he likes. There is still NO SCRIPT, so he can't commit yet. The story is literally as simple as that.

Comment

i've got to go with bad news on this

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'm pretty hesitant to have any actor THAT well known playing Hal Jordan. Even with Ryan Reynolds, all I see is Reynolds playing himself onscreen. It's another thing that takes me out of that movie. With Cruise I feel like it would be the same. He would do a good job, but I'd just be seeing It become another Cruise vehicle.

Comment

I like the idea of an older veteran Hal training a young John Stewart and them butting heads in a buddy cop sci fi action flick. But I don't want Hal to be TOO old. An early 20s looking Stewart and a late 30s looking Jordan sounds right to me. I think a 50s-ish Hal would be a mistep. Make the age gap because John is so young, not because Hal is so old.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                        I like the idea of an older veteran Hal training a young John Stewart and them butting heads in a buddy cop sci fi action flick. But I don't want Hal to be TOO old. An early 20s looking Stewart and a late 30s looking Jordan sounds right to me. I think a 50s-ish Hal would be a mistep. Make the age gap because John is so young, not because Hal is so old.
                        It would allow Kyle to shine. The younger, hipper guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                          Well, if Cruise were playing him they'd probably pretend he was under 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                            Affleck's performance in BvS was widely considered its biggest saving grace... murdering and whatnot aside.

Hard to get mad at him in JL. They literally used NONE of his performance in the Snyder version... it was all reshoot stuff. By this time he wasn't even in Batman shape anymore. And probably pissed he had to redo everything from scratch.

Thank god. The smartest thing a Hollywood director can ever do is throw out a script with Geoff Johns' name on it.

Nonsense. Reeves had said over and over again, "That's our guy" for "The Batman." Affleck has said over and over again he is keen on the movie, but won't commit to anything until he reads a script he likes. There is still NO SCRIPT, so he can't commit yet. The story is literally as simple as that.
                            Where did the new director say this? Because everything I've read suggests he's doing a Batman film earlier in this cinematic version of the character's career, and they would indeed be looking for a new actor for Batman.

When Reeves got the job it seemed like the two were excited to be working together, but script/story rewrites were already being discussed. And after JL did so poorly, it's understandable Reeves would wanna distance himself from that clusterfuck with his own Batman. Now the question is whether or not this solo Batman film will even be part of the film universe or stand on it's own.

It seems like one of the first things leading up to the Flashpoint film will be WB finding their new Batman and Joker moving forward. Afleck and Leto might have another film in their contracts, but that doesn't exactly mean it'll be the solo Batman movie or the Joker origin film for either one of them.

~//V\\~

Comment

He should play Jay Garrick. You know, because he can outrun explosions and all that.

Comment

Working...
                              X