Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

SMASHED! Hulk vs. Grimlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMASHED! Hulk vs. Grimlock

"Hulk SMASH!"

The Incredible Hulk:

"Caught in the blast of gamma radiation, brilliant scientist Bruce Banner is cursed to transform in times of stress into the living engine of destruction known as THE INCREDIBLE HULK. "

VERSUS

"Grimlock SMASH!"

Grimlock, Dinobot Leader

Hulk
    83.33%
    Grimlock
    16.67%

Well, if you compare the stats provided (since I'm SURE they are on the same scale, right? ), it looks like Grimlock has the edge in intelligence (there's a sentence you don't see often) and firepower (I'm equating that to Energy Projection), they are equally matched in "skill", but Hulk has the advantage of speed.

Hulk also has the advantage in strength and durability, since his stats go off the scale, while Grimlock sits at 10.

So I guess Hulk wins! (Especially since those last two stats seem most relevant to "smashing".)

Comment

Hulk is strongest one there is.

Comment

Comment

I know how it was handled in the movie, but I've never read any Hulk comics. Is Hulk vulnerable as Banner in the comics, or does any attempt to injure/knock out/kill Banner automatically bring out the Hulk, even if you take him by surprise?

Not that it much matters in this case. I doubt Grimlock is too great at stealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            I know how it was handled in the movie, but I've never read any Hulk comics. Is Hulk vulnerable as Banner in the comics, or does any attempt to injure/knock out/kill Banner automatically bring out the Hulk, even if you take him by surprise?

Not that it much matters in this case. I doubt Grimlock is too great at stealth.
            I wonder the same as well. I'm guessing the latter. I know about a year ago, Doom either removed the monster or gave it back to Banner by request. I bought the comics; just can't remember the exact story line.

And no, Grimlock is not the stealthiest bot in the shed, but I personally think he would give Hulk a run for his money.

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Hulk can come out as a preservation instinct against Banner's will. In the Avengers film, Ruffalo's Banner talks about eating a bullet and Hulk spitting it out. In the Ultimates 2 run, Banner is knocked out and put on a ship at sea with a nuke. Right before it goes off, he wakes up and Hulks out, escaping the blast by apparently leaping like a fucking maniac.

There are virtually no limits to Hulk's power: it's however mad he gets. That's why World Breaker Hulk is what he is--dude got so extremely mad that he was capable of cracking the entire Earth in half. His regenerative powers are also better than Wolverine's, and that dude was virtually unkillable.

So yeah, Grimlock may be a tough bastard, but if Optimus can kick the bucket repeatedly, then no Dinobot can withstand Jade Jaws. He'll put up a fight, but he will lose.
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                Hulk can come out as a preservation instinct against Banner's will. In the Avengers film, Ruffalo's Banner talks about eating a bullet and Hulk spitting it out. In the Ultimates 2 run, Banner is knocked out and put on a ship at sea with a nuke. Right before it goes off, he wakes up and Hulks out, escaping the blast by apparently leaping like a fucking maniac.

There are virtually no limits to Hulk's power: it's however mad he gets. That's why World Breaker Hulk is what he is--dude got so extremely mad that he was capable of cracking the entire Earth in half. His regenerative powers are also better than Wolverine's, and that dude was virtually unkillable.

So yeah, Grimlock may be a tough bastard, but if Optimus can kick the bucket repeatedly, then no Dinobot can withstand Jade Jaws. He'll put up a fight, but he will lose.
                Although it was roughly 20 years ago, I remember (I think) the original Hulk show where David Banner was beaten up in an ally by some punks, only to turn into a green Lou Ferigno and kick the shit out of them.

I don't know much about the Hulk, but I've always thought when Banner was hurt or in danger he automatically turned into the Hulk. Hence the "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" thing.

In this matchup, although Grimlock would probably stand at a good 100ft tall, and weigh tons more, he couldn't take out the Hulk.

They would have an interesting conversation though.

"Hulk smash!"
                "Me Grimlock also smash!"
                "Hulk smash harder!"
                "Me Grimlock king of smashing!"

And so on. All third person of course.
                sigpic
                Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Yo.

comic-Banner is plenty vulnerable & can be knocked out (even killed) while not "hulked"; his saving grace is that most assault attempts which happened to him in normal form simply didnt just ko him, which allowed him to then get mad & go green (and his trigger was pretty damned quick) and make his assailants very very VERY sorry.

I cant really see tv-Grimlock beating any version of Hulk unless it was maybe his grey-form (lower starting stats, more intelligent), but if we were talking the comic version.....I see that guy lasting longer, and *maybe* pulling out a win or 2.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by DOOM View Post
                    Has anyone ever explained why Grimlock was drawn with GIGANTIC optics in this scene? I always found that rather odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                      Has anyone ever explained why Grimlock was drawn with GIGANTIC optics in this scene? I always found that rather odd.
                      My guess would be because he was becoming the new bumblebee by this time in the show-the cute, adorable one. So they wanted to make him look less T Rex and more Labrodor Retriever.

Comment

The Hulk is incredible.

Comment

Working...
                        X