Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Stewart in DC LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD #01 (Feb 2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Stewart in DC LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD #01 (Feb 2021)

Hello ringslingers,

Spoilers below.

"The Heart Wants" by John Ridley and Amacay Nahuelpan is not a bad story for Valentine's Day. It's one of the GL stories we've been waiting for - John Steward and Yrra Cynril (Fatality). As most readers know, Fatality was impersonated by the shapeshifting aliens seen in the future Legion of Superheroes, even using her Star Sapphire ring. When John Stewart went to rescue her, Fatality rejected him and the Star Sapphires, saying she had been brainwashed by the violet ring, and that she would rather kill John Stewart and all GLs because he destroyed her homeworld (by accident). So John left her alone.

Bad writing aside, this is a sequel to that story.

DC Love Is A Battlefield (2021-) 001-073.jpg

I loved the artwork, but once again (using an American football analogy), the team takes the ball to the end zone and then flubs it, not making the touchdown. The writer put Yrra's free will above making her a Violet Lantern again. And John used to wear a Violet Ring, but with all the JLA garbage going on with John Stewart, somehow he lost it.

Three out of four stars.

I didn't even realize there was Valentine special. Ah well, if I happen to see it next time I go in, I'll take a look, but I won't be too broken up if I miss it.

Comment

Im surprised dc didnt cash in on the black history month concept and have john be the poster child of it
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        Im surprised dc didnt cash in on the black history month concept and have john be the poster child of it
        Too obvious. The "Secret History of the DCU" volumes are doing that right now, showing the "black side" of the 70s and 80s in JSA, JLA, and now Teen Titans.

I believe Kyle was the last white male from Earth to become a GL. It's been minorities ever since.

Comment

He’s only half-white, his papi is Hispanic

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
            He’s only half-white, his papi is Hispanic

Comment

They should have made a better effort, but this is DC, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Working...
              X