Green Lantern: Lost Army #3 Preview
    Writer: Cullen Bunn
    Artist: Jesus Saiz

0.00%
    12.50%
    62.50%
    12.50%
    12.50%

I'm not reading this book but if I were I'd be getting the variant.

Comment

Three stars.

We continue the Marines-in-Iraq flashbacks from John Stewart. So John decides to please everybody, and tell Relic what he wants to hear in order to get more of their Corps found. Guy obviously has problems with this. They discuss the obvious conclusion that the GL Corps members have been thrown back into time, but nobody knows much past that. Then there are these "light pirates", non-lightsmiths that want the emotional spectrum for themselves.

Artwork was decent, but not spectacular. Both Krona and Relic were shown to not be entirely in a pre-corrupted state as they watched the GLs. What I would have liked to see was some actual discussion with some actual non-aggressive lightsmiths. The actual time spent in the comic episode was about 10 minutes of Guy and John arguing. It just wasn't as good as I thought it should have been.

There was a hint that the "Power Pyramid" shown floating in outer space last issue that changed from Red to Green and powered the GL's rings 200% may be tapping more than just passively into the universe's emotional spectrum from the sentients living in that universe.

Comment

We need a poll, mods.

Anyway, it was an alright issue. The LA seems to be making progress with their mystery.

Comment

:Moderator:

Poll added.

I didn't mind this issue, sort of neat to having a Relic in both this and GL, gives the character a bit more depth to see what he was like before his universe died.

3/5
          sigpic
          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

After reading this issue, it looks like John will have another burden to carry on his already aching back. First, being the one responsible for Xanshi. Then, Mogo's death, and now the person responsible for Krona and Relic turning to a life of villainy and despotism. Sure looks to be headed in that direction.

Comment

It's nice to see a Krona that looks like a proper looking Krona. Not sure why HE is in this universe, but I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later. I thought the issue was decent overall, 3 stars from me. The art was good even with the splitting up of the pages between two artists. Colors are fantastic.

The weakest parts for me were the flashbacks to John in the Marines, and the weak argument between Guy and John. My problem is that Guy taking the stance he did seemed VERY forced. Considering their predicament, and even worse, the risk that their actions could have a disastrous impact on the timeline (whatever THAT'S even worth in the DCU anymore). It's just not believable that Guy would react the way he did. He should have been in complete agreement with John and it looks like they did it just to ratchet up the tension.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                After reading this issue, it looks like John will have another burden to carry on his already aching back. First, being the one responsible for Xanshi. Then, Mogo's death, and now the person responsible for Krona and Relic turning to a life of villainy and despotism. Sure looks to be headed in that direction.
                I don't think the story is headed in that direction. I don't think Relic and Krona are necessarily good right now as it stands. In this issue, we saw that Relic intentionally withheld vital information from the Lanterns to suit his own purposes, and he's already interested in discovering a way to fight the Lightbearers.

With Krona... I don't think he's letting on to some important things about himself. I suspect he may be there to destroy that universe if he can, so he can see the creation of a new one. He more or less said in the first issue that he's obsessed with the beginning and ending of time. I suspect the two scientists may represent opposing sides. One is trying to save the universe at all costs, while the other may try to destroy it. The interesting thing is that John may end up siding with the one who is trying to destroy it, while it sounds like Guy Gardner is interested in saving it.

Or maybe I'm all wrong. The series is really interesting to me so far. It can go in a lot of really fascinating directions at this point.
                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                  The weakest parts for me were the flashbacks to John in the Marines, and the weak argument between Guy and John. My problem is that Guy taking the stance he did seemed VERY forced. Considering their predicament, and even worse, the risk that their actions could have a disastrous impact on the timeline (whatever THAT'S even worth in the DCU anymore). It's just not believable that Guy would react the way he did. He should have been in complete agreement with John and it looks like they did it just to ratchet up the tension.
                  Yeah Guy being the good cop, by-the-rules GL didn't ring true for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Yeah Guy being the good cop, by-the-rules GL didn't ring true for me.
                    Glad I'm not alone there. A very odd sequence. Otherwise the issue was pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
                    X