The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 06-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #51
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #52
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
Hmm I kind of feel like blowing money on all the days just to try and get a picture of this rare and so called elusive beast...
Beast! LMAO!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #53
Tazer

Yo.

'tis my lifes mantra.........

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #54
Godmera
Champion of the World

Send a message via AIM to Godmera Send a message via Yahoo to Godmera
Talking

Got my three day yippy!
Godmera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #55
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Congrats dude!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #56
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Yep, congrats Godmera.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #57
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

Legend of Korra Panel Announced

Quote:
Date: Saturday, October 12
11:00 am - 12:00 pm

Speakers: Bryan Konietzko, Joaquim Dos Santos

Description:
Book 2: Spirits - Nickelodeonís The Legend of Korra. Join Executive Producer Bryan Konietzko and Co-Executive Producer Joaquim Dos Santos as they pull back the curtain to reveal sneak peeks of whatís to come in Book 2: Spirits. Exclusive artwork, never-before-seen footage and a discussion with special guests from the incredible "The Legend of Korra voice cast" will be featured! Moderated by Bryan Konietzko.

Tracks:
Animation, Kids, TV
Who's with me?
(And what time do you think we'll need to get in line?)
Old 09-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #58
CJF28
Fatality's Blacksmith

Have fun East Coasters. I'll make it one of these years. Was almost this year, so I guess Im getting closer and closer
CJF28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #59
UltimateFighter
Fatality's Blacksmith

A little more than a week away but wanted to let my board homies and especially my NorCal buddies know I'm attending. So if there is a must have exclusive or item you want, let me know and I'll do my best to get. No risk for you because I'll front anything I can buy and trust you'll cover. You can PM me or post. Wish me a good time! You know I'm terrible with pixs, but I'll at least try to post a written accounting!
UltimateFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #60
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateFighter View Post
A little more than a week away but wanted to let my board homies and especially my NorCal buddies know I'm attending. So if there is a must have exclusive or item you want, let me know and I'll do my best to get. No risk for you because I'll front anything I can buy and trust you'll cover. You can PM me or post. Wish me a good time! You know I'm terrible with pixs, but I'll at least try to post a written accounting!
No way! Hope you have a great time... and take pics for the sake of vicarious living, dammit!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:24 AM   #61
Godmera
Champion of the World

Thumbs up

My blogs will have NYCC's live streaming video and chat.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #62
Tazer

Yo.

Atrain, U've got to pay him a visit.......

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #63
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

To everyone attending NYCC have a great time.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #64
JerzeyJ
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
To everyone attending NYCC have a great time.
I went to NYCC yesterday. Overall, had a good time, but it was tainted. In the past , in order to go Thursday, you had to purchase a 4 day pass. That made Thursday very enjoyable because the crowds were thinned. This year they sold Thursday only passes, and the crowd was quite thick.

I hit everything I wanted to see,but getting sketches was difficult, if not impossible. I broke down and grabbed the Play Arts Kai Green Lantern, which is much better than anticipated, as well as the Hal Jordan/Saint Walker 3" two pack. I grabbed my daughter the Super Best Friends three pack and the SBFF Poison Ivy "exclusive". Got some nice prints as well. Will post pics later.
JerzeyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #65
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Sorry to hear about the Thursday crowd, but that seems to be a trend for comic conventions. The ones I've been attending have grown with each passing year.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #66
Trigger
Hal's Understudy

Failed at getting commissions today. Almost got a Tyler Kirkham one. I'm having my brother try tomorrow. Amanda Conner said she was too busy at Cons for sketches but to always try her and see if I get lucky sometime (she's an insanely nice person).
Old 10-12-2013, 02:04 AM   #67
Godmera
Champion of the World

Talking

Day one picked up S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla '64 and got an Ivy Doomkitty Calendar sign by her (she is a cosplayer, check her out on Facebook) she was gorgeous and the nicest person to talk to.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #68
Tazer

Yo.

I heard a certain somebody asked if I was around @ NYCC.

well, this is for them:
click me

*eeeeevil grin*

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #69
Emerald Sinner
Kilowog's Recruit

So I am back from NY and I have to say that I was truly underwhelmed by NYCC. I had purchased a three day pass and was there for about 8 hours Friday and Saturday. I thought overall the con lacked a true comic book focus, instead much seemed to be more on the gaming/pop culture side. I have no issues with either, but I went because it was a comic con, not for those. I thought the panels lacked any punch. I went to a Marvel panel on Friday on X-Men and the panelists had no focus and gave no insight at all. Also, if you wanted to see a panel, you had to be in line at least an hour before it stated making it hard to see a lot of what was happening. The dealer room was not good. I went looking for some hard to find collectibles, most GL related, and the selection was terrible and over priced.

The bright spots: a DC panel with Scott Snyder was really good on Batman in particular. He really seems to be genuinely interested in the book and it shows (IMHO). I saw an Alex Ross Sinestro piece of art that was amazing, but I wasn't about to pay $500 for it.

All in all, glad I went, but for the price, I could have filled in some missing back issues etc and would have enjoyed it just as much. SDCC, from pictures, seems BY FAR SUPERIOR to NYCC, at least maybe this year.
Emerald Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #70
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

I heard a certain somebody asked if I was around @ NYCC.

well, this is for them:
click me

*eeeeevil grin*

Tazer
I heard someone did find you after dinner.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #71
Trigger
Hal's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Sinner View Post
So I am back from NY and I have to say that I was truly underwhelmed by NYCC. I had purchased a three day pass and was there for about 8 hours Friday and Saturday. I thought overall the con lacked a true comic book focus, instead much seemed to be more on the gaming/pop culture side. I have no issues with either, but I went because it was a comic con, not for those. I thought the panels lacked any punch. I went to a Marvel panel on Friday on X-Men and the panelists had no focus and gave no insight at all. Also, if you wanted to see a panel, you had to be in line at least an hour before it stated making it hard to see a lot of what was happening. The dealer room was not good. I went looking for some hard to find collectibles, most GL related, and the selection was terrible and over priced.

The bright spots: a DC panel with Scott Snyder was really good on Batman in particular. He really seems to be genuinely interested in the book and it shows (IMHO). I saw an Alex Ross Sinestro piece of art that was amazing, but I wasn't about to pay $500 for it.

All in all, glad I went, but for the price, I could have filled in some missing back issues etc and would have enjoyed it just as much. SDCC, from pictures, seems BY FAR SUPERIOR to NYCC, at least maybe this year.
Same. I was expecting more things. I also wish the comic book stores had their boxes more organized and labeled. You can't really stay 15 mins looking through long boxes when there's so many people around you trying to do the same in packed areas. I've never been one for panel lines. I think my limit would be 20 mins.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #72
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Sinner View Post

Sorry to hear NYCC didn't meet expectations. However, I don't think SDCC is any better in terms of being related to comics.

The comic book area and related merchandise is pretty sizable and not too crowded in comparison to the rest of the convention. There are some deals to be had as well.

Artist alley isn't too bad either, as it's not very crowded. However, any signing at the DC or Marvel booth typically requires some type of wristband or ticket.

However the rest of SDCC is very crowded and lines everywhere. Same as NYCC, if you want to attend a Marvel or DC panel, you'll probably have to get in line at least an hour before; maybe even longer. For Movie panels/Hall H panels, you'll probably need to line up the day before. Same goes for Ballroom 20 panels (which is typically for TV shows).

SDCC is very crowded and a lot of people that attend the show are not regular comic book readers. For me, it seems like half the people walking the floor are just looking for freebies and to take in the spectacle they heard about or hunting for exclusives.

In my experience, SDCC is what you make of it. If you like to attend panels or looking to score exclusive, you'll probably spend about 60%-75% of your time in lines. You might spend an hour or so just to get your badge to enter and another hour or so to get into the main floor depending the time of day.

I say this to give you a better idea of what to expect at SDCC. I went into 2013 with the thought is could be my last one, and so I didn't want to spend 60%-75% of my time waiting in lines for exclusives of panels. I probably spent 20% of my time lines and the rest of the time I just walked all over the convention area.

If anyone attends SDCC for the first time, expect huge crowds and long lines for anything that is popular.

I hope to attend NYCC at least once.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #73
Emerald Sinner
Kilowog's Recruit

Quote:
Sorry to hear NYCC didn't meet expectations. However, I don't think SDCC is any better in terms of being related to comics.

The comic book area and related merchandise is pretty sizable and not too crowded in comparison to the rest of the convention. There are some deals to be had as well.

Artist alley isn't too bad either, as it's not very crowded. However, any signing at the DC or Marvel booth typically requires some type of wristband or ticket.

However the rest of SDCC is very crowded and lines everywhere. Same as NYCC, if you want to attend a Marvel or DC panel, you'll probably have to get in line at least an hour before; maybe even longer. For Movie panels/Hall H panels, you'll probably need to line up the day before. Same goes for Ballroom 20 panels (which is typically for TV shows).

SDCC is very crowded and a lot of people that attend the show are not regular comic book readers. For me, it seems like half the people walking the floor are just looking for freebies and to take in the spectacle they heard about or hunting for exclusives.

In my experience, SDCC is what you make of it. If you like to attend panels or looking to score exclusive, you'll probably spend about 60%-75% of your time in lines. You might spend an hour or so just to get your badge to enter and another hour or so to get into the main floor depending the time of day.

I say this to give you a better idea of what to expect at SDCC. I went into 2013 with the thought is could be my last one, and so I didn't want to spend 60%-75% of my time waiting in lines for exclusives of panels. I probably spent 20% of my time lines and the rest of the time I just walked all over the convention area.

If anyone attends SDCC for the first time, expect huge crowds and long lines for anything that is popular.

I hope to attend NYCC at least once.
Thanks for the heads up. It was an experience. I honestly went mainly to get some what I believed to be hard to find items. For instance, I am looking for the Hal Jordan v. parallax statue that I missed. There were barely any statues and what was there was the generic stuff and overpriced. Oddly, in the actual MidTown Comics store near Times Square, there was a large selection of said items. General retail price, but still. Oh by the way, the biggest thing I was upset by, SideShow Collectibles was not there. I was very interested in seeing the Sinestro Premium format, but nothing.

I'm glad I went for the experience, but would definitely not be in a rush to go back. Also, totally agree with Trigger on checking out back issues of comics.
Emerald Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #74
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
I heard someone did find you after dinner.
loooooooooong after dinner sure, but that was last nite *and* not @ the convention.

Tazer

Quote:
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #75
Trigger
Hal's Understudy

So did anyone succeed in a picture of Tazer at all?