The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Events & Fan Meetups
FLASHCHAT

Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #26
Al-
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

I'll be flying to SF when the tickets go on sale Any who the badges will remain the same price as the 2012 SDCC. via SDCC
Old 08-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #27
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Good luck again to everyone trying to get tickets today
Old 08-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #28
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

Woo hoo!
Page taking too long to load!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

This is BS! I clicked the link at 8:00 and it timed out on me! Now, I'm like 20,000th in line!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #30
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

17'000 in line on one pc and 21,000 on another pc
Old 08-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #31
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

It's BS!! I followed the rules to the letter and still got screwed!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #32
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

what are they all gone already?
Old 08-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #33
Hal2814
Kyle's Nude Model

still in the 20000's
Hal2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

No, but being this far back in line doesn't exactly give me high hopes.

It seems to be going down between 500 and 700 every 3 minutes.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #35
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

I'm seeing signs on twitter that the line is moving, and moving swiftly.
So...there's that at least.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #36
Hal2814
Kyle's Nude Model

its saying four day inventroy is low.
Hal2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #37
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Damn.

Quote:
Online registration is currently helping other customers. 4-day badge inventory is running low and your desired badge category may be sold out before you begin your online registration session.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #38
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

FUCK!!!

Quote:
Comic-Con 4-day badges are no longer available. Single day badges are still available. If you do not wish to purchase single day badges, please close your browser window to allow another registrant a chance to enter the waiting room.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #39
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I wonder if you bought single days this time would they still allow you to try again for a four day at open reg and the return the single day
Old 08-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #40
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Saturday gone
Old 08-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #41
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
I wonder if you bought single days this time would they still allow you to try again for a four day at open reg and the return the single day
I was wondering the same thing. I had to ask Primus to get me my passes because I was so far back in line. I ended up with all the single day passes and I got my wife Friday - Sunday. The only saving grace to this is we'll get WB bags every day.

This is why I voted for onsite registration. This will be the first year in a LONG stretch that I didn't get a 4-day badge.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #42
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Yea my roommate got Thursday Friday and Sunday
Old 08-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #43
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I had to ask Primus to get me my passes because I was so far back in line. I ended up with all the single day passes and I got my wife Friday - Sunday. The only saving grace to this is we'll get WB bags every day.

This is why I voted for onsite registration. This will be the first year in a LONG stretch that I didn't get a 4-day badge.

They had a sign up at this years con, that if you have thurs,fri,sat,sunday single day badges. They will just give you a full badge. Im thinking they might do it for 2013 too.

Wasn't able to get a 4 day. Got 4 single days.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #44
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I'd like to hear from an SDCC rep. how this process was any better than before. Initially, they made it sound as if everyone that had 4-day passes would be able to get one for 2013. I'm sure there are people that have been going for years that didn't get 4-day passes this time around.

Oh well. I'm done complaining. What's done is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectile View Post
They had a sign up at this years con, that if you have thurs,fri,sat,sunday single day badges. They will just give you a full badge. Im thinking they might do it for 2013 too.

Wasn't able to get a 4 day. Got 4 single days.
Hmm... I'd rather register every day and get my souvenir bags.

Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 08-04-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Sylent_Asassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #45
plastroncafe
Alpha-Lantern

Yeah, me too. And after I was done a friend of mine who was all set in the first ten minutes of the sale was like:

Oh Crap! We should have coordinated!

Alas.

I was concerned about next year's pre-reg, and whether or not only people with 4-day passes will be able to participate, but Tumblr is telling me that any combination of passes will be able to participate in today's sale.

I've never gotten four days individual before, do I really have to wait in that line every day to get in?
Old 08-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #46
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I woke up at 3am this morning thinking I overslept. and thus woke up like every 30 minutes. So at 6am I headed into the office for a faster internet connection than I have at home, plus I'll be able to have access to an additional computer besides my laptop. Additionally, I had my iPad with me.

I timed out on both computers and iPad, but I was about to get in line around the 8,000 position. I was able to score a 4 day pass w/out preview night, and was able to get my wife individual passes for all for days.

It would appear they only allotted about half of the passes allotted for 2013 and will probably make the other half available in the spring, unless they stagger the tickets availablility. I might try again for a 4 day pass with preview night. We'll see.

However, I'm kind of freaking out because I haven't received a confirmation email and forgot to print out a copy of my confirmation when I completed my registration. And I can't log into my Comiccon account. Until I receive my email confirmation, I'll be weary of not getting in.

Now, I have to worry about hotel registration again.

I'm getting too old for this kind of shit.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #47
projectile
Sidekick

Online PreReg is closed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post
I woke up at 3am this morning thinking I overslept. and thus woke up like every 30 minutes. So at 6am I headed into the office for a faster internet connection than I have at home, plus I'll be able to have access to an additional computer besides my laptop. Additionally, I had my iPad with me.

I timed out on both computers and iPad, but I was about to get in line around the 8,000 position. I was able to score a 4 day pass w/out preview night, and was able to get my wife individual passes for all for days.

It would appear they only allotted about half of the passes allotted for 2013 and will probably make the other half available in the spring, unless they stagger the tickets availablility. I might try again for a 4 day pass with preview night. We'll see.

However, I'm kind of freaking out because I haven't received a confirmation email and forgot to print out a copy of my confirmation when I completed my registration. And I can't log into my Comiccon account. Until I receive my email confirmation, I'll be weary of not getting in.Now, I have to worry about hotel registration again.

I think they send out the confirmation emails within 48-72 hrs.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #48
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Yeah, me too. And after I was done a friend of mine who was all set in the first ten minutes of the sale was like:

Oh Crap! We should have coordinated!

Alas.

I was concerned about next year's pre-reg, and whether or not only people with 4-day passes will be able to participate, but Tumblr is telling me that any combination of passes will be able to participate in today's sale.

I've never gotten four days individual before, do I really have to wait in that line every day to get in?

In the past few years, they would allow you to pick your badge for the next day around 3 or 4pm the day before. However, I think if you go to the Town & Country site, they'll give you all your individual days at once. I've seen a guy on Thursday with all his four badges as he was wearing them around his neck, as literal badges of honor.

Personally, before receiving the email on Wednesday about 2013 pre-registration, I thought they would give people with 4 days passes and preview night dibbs on next year's event. I'm dissappointed they didn't. Additionally, I was hoping for some sort of grandfather clause for those you have attended the event for five consecutive years. Oh well. That's life.

I hope to everyone at SDCC 2013 at the kilt again, eventhough I won't be getting into preview night.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #49
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
However, I'm kind of freaking out because I haven't received a confirmation email and forgot to print out a copy of my confirmation when I completed my registration. And I can't log into my Comiccon account. Until I receive my email confirmation, I'll be weary of not getting in.
Quote:
We will process your credit card payment within the next 48-72 hours, and if your card is successfully charged, you will receive a receipt of the transaction and the official Comic-Con barcode information.
Quote:
I feel you.

I'm still ticked that I timed out. That blunder cost me 4 minutes and at least 8000 spots and a shot at Preview night.

At any rate, congrats to those that got passes. Hopefully, we can all meet up at the Kilt again for drinks, PROJECTILE and ROBINSON.

Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 08-04-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Sylent_Asassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #50
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectile View Post
Online PreReg is closed now.

I think they send out the confirmation emails within 48-72 hrs.
Thanks for the info. I was reading on ComicCon's Facebook page that some people have already received their confirmations via email. Which causes me to be more anxious.

Were you able to get yourself passes, Projectile?