No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched James Rolfe and friends do a rental review of the Star Wars Holiday Special. They barely scratched the surface but they did show some of the weird shit that was put into it, and I had a good laugh when Kyle edited in the X-wing footage but it had the annoying sounds that Chewie's son makes.

Justin did point out something interesting, that the magnet rifle Boba Fett uses during his first appearance is apparently being included in the forthcoming Mandalorian TV series. Might be a hilarious scene when that pops up.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
      Watched James Rolfe and friends do a rental review of the Star Wars Holiday Special. They barely scratched the surface but they did show some of the weird shit that was put into it, and I had a good laugh when Kyle edited in the X-wing footage but it had the annoying sounds that Chewie's son makes.
      That was my favorite bit.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
      Justin did point out something interesting, that the magnet rifle Boba Fett uses during his first appearance is apparently being included in the forthcoming Mandalorian TV series. Might be a hilarious scene when that pops up.
      Yeah, I was surprised that none of them said how the cartoon is the best part of that special (they seemed as negative about it as the rest of the show); that it's actually pretty good. I don't care about what's going to be in the show because I feel exactly like Kieran (and I was so happy to hear someone else say this)---that SW was finished with RotJ (not his exact words but the gist).

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Anybody else get Jabba's Sail Barge?
            http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• No, you have that gorgeous monster? I have been watching youtube videos on it and it is amazing.

Comment

• ^Yeah, the same. I don't really collect SW anymore, but that was the most interesting thing I've seen recently.

Comment

• I limit myself to vintage only with most toys and especially Star Wars, but my LORD is that sail barge amazing.

Comment

• Yeah, that Sail Barge is a thing of beauty. I'll never own it, but I'm glad it was made.

I still buy various figures from the 6 inch line. I'm currently eyeing the Padme "Attack of the Clones" figure.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I don't blame you for getting into the 6 inch line. I was very tempted for quite a while.

Comment

• I'd actually like to unload my rubbermaid-box full of carded Power of the Force figures (they're just sitting in the basement), but I've never sold on eBay and the only local store I know that would take them offered the rather low bundle price of a $1 each.

Otherwise, all I want to keep are my two remaining, very beat-up Kenner figures (Han and Lando), a TIE fighter diecast, glowing Kenobi, Scout Trooper, and carded Porkins (the last two also being PotF, but favorites).

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                          No, you have that gorgeous monster? I have been watching youtube videos on it and it is amazing.
                          Yes, I supported the kickstarter. I am a pretty shameless Star Wars nerd so I had to take the plunge; definitely the best toy they've put out. The attention to detail is incredible. I had to buy a new shelf to support the beast.
                          http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• + YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• The Emperor Strikes Back

Comment

• Not sure what to make of that title, given that there aren't any left alive that I know of...

Comment

Working...
                                X