Question about energy costumes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about energy costumes..

So when did the uniforms become extensions of the rings and/or will energy? I'm a little confused because in GL's earliest appearances, even up to Emerald Twilight, we see Hal changing and damage to his suit in battle even though he cites his mask as energy.

When Kyle first gets the ring, a standard GL uni immediately appears for him. Is this the point where that started? Was this ever made a story point? I've noticed that the energy uni has been a feature of GL in all modern incarnations (Secret Origin, GL:TAS, the movie), so I'm wondering if it was explored as part of the mythos?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before now. I didn't see where it had been specifically addressed.
    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

If you recall the Green Lantern Corps Quarterly #1 with Jack T. Chance, the GL ring told him a GL uniform was "required". Jack got the ring to just have a GL symbol button on his coat instead.

Comment

It changes from moment to moment and issue to issue and writer/artist to writer/artist.

That's the answer to any question about any detail of any comic book.

Comment

Not to mention that even in cases where the ring "creates" the uniform, it still often isn't clear whether it is "energy" or simply the ring creating a physical uniform (possibly by reconfiguring the structure of whatever they were already wearing). I say this because there are definitely instances where the ring seems like it is creating the uniform, yet the uniform sticks around even after the ring charge dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          Not to mention that even in cases where the ring "creates" the uniform, it still often isn't clear whether it is "energy" or simply the ring creating a physical uniform (possibly by reconfiguring the structure of whatever they were already wearing). I say this because there are definitely instances where the ring seems like it is creating the uniform, yet the uniform sticks around even after the ring charge dies.
          Indeed. Or it was said to be from the ring but it gets ripped. I think, like Naysay wrote, it changed. If you checked closely you'd probably find back-to-back issues presenting either side.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
            It changes from moment to moment and issue to issue and writer/artist to writer/artist.

That's the answer to any question about any detail of any comic book.
            That's a weird truth. One of the oft-used lines by Spider-man was "Venom has all my abilities, but more muscle." Yet in one of Eddie Brock's last appearances with the Venom symbiote, Spidey knocks Venom out a window and says, "I've always been stronger than you." Talk about a contradiction.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            That's one of the things that confused me. In Secret Origin, when Atrocitus drains Sinestro and Hal's rings, their unis vanish. Yet I've seen all the titular Lanterns (except for Baz, so far) keep their unis with dead rings.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Indeed. Or it was said to be from the ring but it gets ripped. I think, like Naysay wrote, it changed. If you checked closely you'd probably find back-to-back issues presenting either side.
            I don't think I've ever be able to miss it now.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
              X