Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
    Yo.

how so? Geoff changed continuity (including things he himself had stated) on the fly all during v4 , so Id expect the same shit to continue in v5..............

Tazer
    Well I did say "should", but I'm going on what's been said.

Comment

Geoff will probably retcon some more stuff from the GL's history but I think most of Volume 4 will stay in continuity.
      No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

how so? Geoff changed continuity (including things he himself had stated) on the fly all during v4 , so Id expect the same shit to continue in v5..............
        This right here. They're going to keep changing things anyway. The new timeline just gives even more free reign to do it. And as long as they are, they might as well give Guy and John new origins to fit in with the new DCnU. They'd already pretty much made new ones needed by the end of volume 4 anyway.

Comment

Yo.

Tazer

hey as long as it works then no complaints on my end.

beats creating something new then ditch it after like the 3rd issue
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
            hey as long as it works then no complaints on my end.

beats creating something new then ditch it after like the 3rd issue
            you mean like the ten new laws in the Book of Oa. We were given three then never mentioned again and no plans to do so from what it seems.
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

I've come to the conclusion it's something I just ought to ignore until it's brought up in one of the Green Lantern books. Really, there has been thus far nothing in any of the books to make me question the original timelines, so I'm just not going to think about it until the time comes where it's mentioned. We all know that in about five years tops, it'll be like it always was anyways, so I don't see a reason to worry about it now.

I mean granted, it'll at least be glossed on, but most mentions of everything in canon having happened in five years or so will be blotted out.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention they're not even calling this a full reboot, so maybe most of it isn't changed? Hell, I don't even know what they were doing with that, maybe they're just going to keep Green Lantern (and Batman, for that matter) mostly out of everything else for a good while and call it settled.
              evercharmer
              Kyle's Nude Model
              Last edited by evercharmer; 09-16-2011, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                you mean like the ten new laws in the Book of Oa. We were given three then never mentioned again and no plans to do so from what it seems.
                There were at least 4, but they had abandoned the original idea of 10 new laws, worked out in advance and released one at a time, as soon as the second came out, IMHO. Because the second simply expanded the first (lethal force for Sinestro Corps, then for ALL enemies), which would be incredibly stupid if they were all written at the same time, and the third and fourth (no relationships between Corps members, and GLs can now enter the Vega System) were CLEARLY written as reactions to stuff going on at the time, not as part of some grand plan. I sometimes wonder if Geoff had a plan for them that he scrapped, or if he never had any plan at all, because what we got sure as HECK wasn't all planned in advance.

Comment

What needs to be answered is: What happened to Cowgirl?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechinoid View Post
                    She had a one night stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechinoid View Post
                      Her creator lost interest in her.

Comment

Cowgirl: Added to the growing list of chicks that Hal bangs during hiatus' with Carol. If his Ari Force run is done, there's no point doing anything with her.

Comment

Working...
                        X