New He-Man revival not starring He-Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New He-Man revival not starring He-Man

So it sounds like as an encore to the She-Ra revival, they're bringing back He-Man... but it will be starring Teela instead.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/kev...es-1203305649/

A little bit telling what they're up to, at this point.

I'm still psyched for this since everyone involved seems to be hailing it as a true continuation, not rebooting or re-envisioning.

Comment

We need an Orko spinoff.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

My kneejerk reaction is "this sounds terrible", but when it comes to pop culture reboots, I trust Kevin Smith.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          So it sounds like as an encore to the She-Ra revival, they're bringing back He-Man... but it will be starring Teela instead.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/kev...es-1203305649/

A little bit telling what they're up to, at this point.
          But after a ferocious final battle forever fractures Eternia, it's up to Teela to solve the myster of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to prevent the end of the Universe! Her journey will uncover the secrets of Grayskull at last. This is the epic He-Man and the Master of the Universe saga fans have waited 35 years to see!

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I am torn. I love Teela. I have had a crush on her since I was like 3. With all the heavy handed girl power crap that has been spwed lately,I feel like even if it’s good it will be disliked because it has become cliche. Hopefully Mattel be smart and give fans the MOTU they have been starving for.
            Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

That summary reads like Teela will find Adam at the end of the pilot episode.

Comment

This is a stupid idea. Masters of the Universe was 1000% meant to appeal to boys, and there's nothing wrong with that. Little boys need entertainment that is geared toward them, and what appeals to girls does not always (and often does not) appeal to boys, and vice versa.

Pushing He-Man aside to focus on the girl character makes little sense other than an obvious attempt to feminize a very masculine property. And if that is the aim, I have to ask, "why?" Females or men and boys that want more feminine entertainment are NOT the audiences that Masters of the Universe has cultivated. It makes little sense to me.
                Star-Lantern
                Weaponer of Qward
                Last edited by Star-Lantern; 08-28-2019, 12:43 AM.
                ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

^It's a little early to be deciding that. Like Heide says, it's totally possible that Teela is just the starting force. I doubt the show is He-Man-less. Plus the one thing Smith has kept repeating is that this is totally in line with the original, not a rewriting or new angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    ^It's a little early to be deciding that. Like Heide says, it's totally possible that Teela is just the starting force. I doubt the show is He-Man-less. Plus the one thing Smith has kept repeating is that this is totally in line with the original, not a rewriting or new angle.
                    I'm certain that the show won't nix the headliner. It took Adora a few episodes to become She-Ra in her series, so it stands to reason that this new show will unfold in a similar manner.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                    X