Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMNT Toys

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

In my search for info on the second wave of NECA TMNT figures, I found this video. I think this is that same chick from the MTV Fanatic episode a few years ago. I can't find a video for that anymore though.

Anyways, the next wave for the NECA TMNT figures are these:

Anyone know if there's a release date yet?

Comment

Oh, and I found this ridiculously awesome custom of Metalhead done in the NECA style:

I wonder if it's the same guy who did the amazing Slash figure I saw a while back...

Here's another I just found. I WANT.

Comment

Unfortunately, we probably won't see that second wave until sometime next year. I'm a huge NECA supporter, but rarely do we get figures from them when they say they'll be out. Also, none of the online retailers that I shop with (BBTS, Corner Store Comics, etc.) have those for pre-order yet. That being said, I'd imagine these will be worth the wait. The first wave of the turtles was amazing and is one of my favorite toy purchases of this year.

Those customs are pretty amazing. It's pretty cool seeing how well some of the cartoon only characters translate to the NECA style.

Massive thanks to Kuhan for the avatar and sig.

Check Out my Green Lantern collection

Comment

What I really want but I know they will never produce are Bebop and Rocksteady figures. I miss those two...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
            I found this video. I think this is that same chick from the MTV Fanatic episode a few years ago. I can't find a video for that anymore though.
            It's Michele Ivey. I know her. She's as looney as they come, but knows her TMNT.

You can Youtube search "Fanatical TMNT" and can see her in another thing similar to Fanatic.

Comment

Anyways, the next wave for the NECA TMNT figures are these:

Anyone know if there's a release date yet?
              I think the end of this month. December, at the latest.

Been waiting for them. Sans April, all of those will be in a Hal & Kyle Show along with the TMNT. And that custom yer making.

Comment

Man, that Slash and Metalhead customs are fucking amazing.

I thought I was the only one who remembered Slash.

If the base figures weren't so damned expensive around here, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at Slash myself. I know he was supposed to be a villian, but I always used him as an anti-Hero to the turtles.

Comment

Only in the cartoon was he a villain. In the Archie comics (not to be confused with the Mirage comics) Slash was a hero. He even sacrificed his life to save the Earth from Maligna.

Comment

Hmm really, I did not know that. I never read the comics back in the day. But an ex girlfreind of mines brother did. of course he was 9.

I always liked Slash as a haracter in the cartoon. I had no idea he ever appeared in a comic.

Comment

He doesn't exist in the Mirage comics (the original comic that started everything... it bares little resemblance to the kiddy cartoons and stuff), it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                        He doesn't exist in the Mirage comics (the original comic that started everything... it bares little resemblance to the kiddy cartoons and stuff), it's true.

I knew he never appeared in the Mirage Comic. Like I said I thought he was just a cartoon creation.

Still, an awesome character none the less, and the only complaint I have about the custom is teh fact that his "beak" should be more pronounced and pointed. He was a snapping turtle after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                          It's Michele Ivey. I know her. She's as looney as they come, but knows her TMNT.

You can Youtube search "Fanatical TMNT" and can see her in another thing similar to Fanatic.
                          I took my wife and 4 year old daughter to Big Lou's toy (swap meet) store, while on vacation last week to Disneyland. You see an ad for the store in some of the action figure magazines from time to time. And it was something I always wanted to check out. Mainly, in hopes there was any Super Powers stuff (there wasn't). If you're a toy collector don't take your wife to that place. The only thing I heard was this is what our house is going to look like in 20 years. The video reminded of Big Lou's.

Great place for old school loose TMNT however.

Comment

Oh, and I found this ridiculously awesome custom of Metalhead done in the NECA style:

I wonder if it's the same guy who did the amazing Slash figure I saw a while back...
                            I have the originals of these two.
                            sigpic
                            Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
                              What I really want but I know they will never produce are Bebop and Rocksteady figures. I miss those two...
                              That would be cool. But it probably won't happen since I don't think they were in the comics. I have seen some sick customs somewhere of a great Bebop and Rocksteady. I'll try and see if I can find pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X