Green Lantern: 2814.4 - FanFic -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern: 2814.4 - FanFic -

It was only a matter of time before I got to writing another long winded fanfic including Kyle Rayner but this time I went the full 180 and made him a Green Lantern again. Not Ion 3.0 or whatever, not some special powered Torch Bearer... he's an artist living on Earth who happens to wield what some consider the most powerful weapon in the universe. This is a New52 setting, he'll be powered down from a White Lantern and I'll get into that when I get to posting the actual story.... for now you just get a tease LOL

"Kyle Rayner has been away from Earth for too long as a White Lantern traveling the stars with the New Guardians. With Hal Jordan leading the Corps from Oa along with John Stewart, and Guy running the show with the Red Lanterns, Kyle returns home sporting a new Green Lantern ring to find a very different world. Lex Luthor is in the Justice League and nobody has seen Simon Baz since he was with the government sanctioned JLoA. And a villain from Kyle's past has returned to set the city of New York ablaze!"

Hope you guys like where I take this. When we know more about the New52 Wally West I'm gonna try and work him into the story somehow...

~KL~

:Moderator:

Awesome costume.
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

I love it!

Tell me, did you draw the entire thing from scratch or did you just "paint" over an existing one? (either way it's awesome!)
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

I had help recoloring a new cover for Superboy from a guy on the RP site with the s/n Delayeth [IIRC], I added the mask, symbol, ring, and touched up a few spots including making the chest white last minute in MSPaint cause it just screamed Kyle. If I can manage I may get a couple more new52 Superboy scans recolored and tweaked for future images for the fanfic...

~KL~

Comment

Ah right.

Maybe I should do some micros of this version of Kyle (with your permission of course).
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

i love the way Kyle looks, very tron like, i also like the idea that Baz is no where to be seen (if only it was true ), but i don't like the idea that Kyle has been powered down (i always liked the idea of him being the "Super"-Lantern not the WL) but i for one can live with it

hope to read more Kid

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'm working on finishing the plots for the first arc or so then finishing the first and second chapters. I wanted to throw the question out there to anybody who's watching/reading... aside from Wally West, what other New52 DC character should I have team up with Kyle? Arsenal? Should I just put my own spin on somebody like Tempest or Donna Troy?

~KL~

Comment

Connor Hawke? Please? PLEASE?????

Comment

An' where do ya publish this, poozer? Link us!

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                    Connor Hawke? Please? PLEASE?????
                    I was thinking about him the other day and how I'd introduce him into the new52 with Ollie still being a bit younger.

Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
                    An' where do ya publish this, poozer? Link us!
                    I'm not a published writer or artist yet, but I've got a meeting soon about getting a children's book published. This is just another fanfic I think I can get behind for awhile. Check out my Dark Lantern if you're a Kyle fan. Within eight chapters he faces Sinestro, almost fights the last pre new52 League that included two of his ex girlfriends, Parallax showed up on a new host, and I put a new spin on the origin of Kyle and Oblivion.

~KL~

Comment

Maybe have Connor even younger then. It's worked for Robin.

What do you plan to publish with the children's book publisher?

Comment

I don't think I could spoil it, but it's basically how a four year old views the world around him...

~KL~

Comment

AH right, K den!

Comment

Working...
                          X