What happened to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to

What happened to Geoff Johns GL story with both Sonars he said he was working on? What happened to the Guardians' ten new laws? What happened to the subplot with Evil Star and his Gremlins/Starlings? What happened to Cowgirl? What happened to the Alan Scott/Legion/all magick users getting imprisoned by the Guardians storyline foreshadowed at the end of Legion of 3 Worlds and in Blackest Night prelude stuff? Where is Secret Origin 2 he was talking about 3 years ago?

I'm so confused and my confidence is being stretched.

Given how little confidence you had to begin with (judging by your other posts in the past), it really can't stand much stretching, I'd say.

That said, I've asked many of these same questions in my own mind (and here on the forum), so I certainly can't fault you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Absolon View Post
      What happened to Geoff Johns GL story with both Sonars he said he was working on? What happened to the Guardians' ten new laws? What happened to the subplot with Evil Star and his Gremlins/Starlings? What happened to Cowgirl? What happened to the Alan Scott/Legion/all magick users getting imprisoned by the Guardians storyline foreshadowed at the end of Legion of 3 Worlds and in Blackest Night prelude stuff? Where is Secret Origin 2 he was talking about 3 years ago?

I'm so confused and my confidence is being stretched.
      1) Hmm two Sonars, sorry they are in different universes and have never met.
      2) Ten New Laws, you know politics is a slow process.
      3) Evil Star/Black Hand and gremlins, mentioned before Infinite Crisis/Final Crisis/Flashpoint so it probably never happened.
      4) Cowgirl is still employed at Ferris aircraft.
      5) Alan Scott, sorry he is from a different universe and the future is always subject to change.
      6) Secret Origin 2 will happen "secretly" and the future is always subject to change.

Have you read the "new" digital comics that have attracted "new" readers who don't have these questions?
      http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
      http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
      Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
      I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

Originally posted by Gl Josh View Post
        4) Cowgirl is still employed at Ferris aircraft.
        It is a good indication of how profoundly she has been ignored that you would say this, given that she NEVER was employed at Ferris, but rather worked with Hal at his Air Force gig.

Not a criticism of you, really. This is very quickly becoming obscure information.

Comment

Questions shmestions! All that stuff was from another VOLUME! That was, like, FOREVER ago. Stop living in the past! They've since moved on to NEw subplots that are destined to be abandoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
            They've since moved on to NEW subplots that are destined to be abandoned.

And likely new MAIN plots that are destined to be changed midstream whenever a new idea strikes, then pretended to have been planned that way all along. Not that we'd ever be able to prove that.

Comment

That's how they roll up in the twentyeight fourteen!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                It is a good indication of how profoundly she has been ignored that you would say this, given that she NEVER was employed at Ferris, but rather worked with Hal at his Air Force gig.

Not a criticism of you, really. This is very quickly becoming obscure information.
                No she was employed by the Air Force before Flashpoint, Barry thought she worked at Ferris. Actually she might not even exist anymore, like Jade.
                I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

No she was employed by the Air Force before Flashpoint, Barry thought she worked at Ferris. Actually she might not even exist anymore, like Jade.
                  Yes Barry thought, no point in you agreeing with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                    Yes Barry thought, no point in you agreeing with him.
                    I try to adhere to the DC Code, when you make a mistake you blame Barry it's a Flash Fact.

But back to the main idea,most of these storylines/arcs/ideas have been forgotten. Like JLA's Bagley run, Cry for Justice, JSA, Hector Hammond moving, where is Sodam Yat, where are the Entities, Sayd's mission, Steel as the drill instructor, etc.
                    Or even larger problems Didio mentioned that "no Crisis'" have happened, so "no, Superboy Prime or Anti-Monitor", kinda impacts SCW, Blackest Night, and Brightest Day.

Comment

A lot of story arcs at DC were totally abandoned or sudenly reversed. Alan's being one I was looking forward to; I think that died when they changed direction on the JSA and we got a story about him being crippled instead.

Obviously I follow GL more than others, and I think the 10 laws subplot bugs me the absolute most out of all the abandoned subplots. Because, not only were they dropped, but they were never excecuted well in the first place. They didn't need the Guardians saying they made 10 laws to make the Guardians micromanaging dicks.

Well ... GL tends not to reward the longtime reader. It's really more about the CURRENT arc than the big picture. I can live with it.

Comment

I try to adhere to the DC Code, when you make a mistake you blame Barry it's a Flash Fact.

But back to the main idea,most of these storylines/arcs/ideas have been forgotten. Like JLA's Bagley run, Cry for Justice, JSA, Hector Hammond moving, where is Sodam Yat, where are the Entities, Sayd's mission, Steel as the drill instructor, etc.
                        Or even larger problems Didio mentioned that "no Crisis'" have happened, so "no, Superboy Prime or Anti-Monitor", kinda impacts SCW, Blackest Night, and Brightest Day.
                        Didio waffled back and forth on the "no crisis" topic so many times I have no faith that DC has a policy in place regarding it anymore. The New 52 was a good idea for books like Superman where the stories had fizzled and Aquaman who needed a rebirth to reestablish the character. However books like Batman and Green Lantern had very big stories going which had been built upon for a while and the reboot just washed over so much it is so confusing.

If you are a new reader picking up the Superman books and to an extent the Batman books you can enjoy good stories and not need a lot of back ground info. If a new reader picked up any of the GL books they would be left wondering what is going on. Then again so many of the new comics are so poorly written and rushed maybe no matter what they read they will be confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Absolon View Post
                          to answer your questions: WHO CARES?!?!

It's not the first time (and it sure as hell won't be the last, especially when it comes to Geoff Johns) that a writer leaves a bunch of loose ends hanging out there that he never addresses again. It's like Carol becoming the new Zamaron queen...yet there she is, just prancing around on earth as if she never wore a sapphire ring in her life! Or poor Sodam... Where the fluff is he?!

I used to be bothered by loose ends like these and was a big fan of continuity but after the reboot all bets are off. Besides, it's not like you cant or didnt enjoy reading blackest night or other stories just because some stories they were built on arent in-continuity anymore.

I just look at all stories as stand-alones. And if it makes a reference to a previous story, then fine if not, i'm fine with that too.

Also, you cant be a big continuity nut and enjoy Geoff Johns' storytelling as well. Those two concepts are sooooo mutually exclusive :P

Comment

They will blame it on Flashpoint. All of that stuff will never be explored.

Comment

But without Flashpoint we never would've got Liefeld's Hawk & Dove!

And 8 pack abs!

And the World's Longest and Biggest Latissimus Dorsi Muscle(tm)!

Uhhh... yeah.

Comment

Working...
                              X