Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, everybody

Hanukkah started last night, so a very Happy Hanukkah to anyone who celebrates the festival of lights.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 12-25-2016, 09:22 PM.

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope all you have a good day.

Comment

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals

Comment

Happy Jesus Day kids
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Merry Christmas, especially to Micheal Heide, who probably is worried about the 54,000 people evacuated from that one town in his country (Germany) because of a 3.8-kiloton bomb discovered during building construction. They were evacuated this morning, by the way.

And no, it's not directly the fault of You-Know-Who: this time the British are responsible. WWII, the past that keeps on giving.

Anyway, I spent the day working. You have to volunteer for 3 holidays starting at Thanksgiving, so that we have enough people to cover all the shifts (dependent-living facility, so we have to be open). I'll get next weekend off.

To my one boss, it was his weekend on, so he felt very confused when the usual AM shift people from the week showed up, myself included; he thought it was somehow Monday. I ended up having to clean the deep fryer, which I haven't done in a couple years, but it's a small model and fairly easy to do. Other than that, work was fine.

As for presents, got some shirts and pants (Mom), money (Mom-Stepdad, Dad), a shirt from "Florida's oldest bar" (Capt. Tony's) that says "All you need in this life is a tremendous sex drive and a great ego -- Brains don't mean a shit" (older sister-husband), two films (Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie, The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies -- Extended Blu-ray Edition) (Mom-Stepdad), a book (Prospero Burns by Dan Abnett) (Mom-Stepdad), new slippers (Mom-Stepdad), new pajamas (Mom, Christmas tradition to give them to the children on Christmas Eve, but she was so tired she forgot to give them last night).

I gave my nephew a "my first slime lab kit" set (Five Below is such a good place to pick up gifts, so easy on the wallet), which he loved. I didn't get my younger sister anything since she wasn't exchanging this year.

I also just got the gift of some random asshole on PSN raiding my base in Phantom Pain, costing me ten crew from a unit I need to raise up. Thanks, fucking idiot, for making me work harder when there's an easy event base to raid without pissing off other players!

If I'm very lucky, I'll get the new rare gun I'm chasing in Destiny either tonight or tomorrow before the weekly reset.

I want to start reading my new book, but I'll probably wait until I'm finished the current anthology I have. Heck, I haven't even reviewed the last two books I've finished from the publisher.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

Merry X-mas everyone

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I know I don't comment here much but I just want to wish all of the GLC Message Board members a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
              robojac
              Corps Honor Guard
              Last edited by robojac; 12-26-2016, 03:27 AM.

Comment

To all my family here at the forum, I hope you had a great day and gifts were a plenty!

MERRY DOOMAS!

Comment

Besides some bedding, some lounge pants, a gift card, and perishables, this pile was my Christmas haul:

Comment

Envious of the Halloween Collection, and I actually met Greg Cox once at a small convention in Newark, Delaware.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                      Envious of the Halloween Collection, and I actually met Greg Cox once at a small convention in Newark, Delaware.
                      That's pretty cool. I've read several of his books and liked them.

Comment

I guess I'll start the Christmas wishes with Nerdist's remix video of Die Hard in Rankin and Bass style:

+ YouTube Video
                        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Merry Christmas to my online family.

Comment

Merry Christmas everybody!

Comment

Merry Christmas!

Just got back from my cousin's. We always head there on Eve for a big family dinner and for Santa to visit the kids and deliver their gifts, but we headed back tonight for a small family dinner. My cousin's youngest has this absolute obsession with his toy train, and he has been given the same toy 3 times, each time it only lasts a single month before he breaks it from overuse.

I swear, that thing plays the most incredibly fucking annoying jingle nonstop, on top of blowing bubbles everywhere. The middle and youngest also rode those "pony cycles" (the small horses that you ride like a bike) around the dinner room for probably 30 straight minutes.

I gave my mother a dress and a bottle of cabernet from Australia, a brand called 19 Crimes (it came highly recommended). My stepdad got a $50 Home Depot gift card and a gift set of French cognac with two large tumbler glasses. I gave my nephew some Hot Wheels cars and a mini track and my niece a nice dress, and my dad was given Terry Moore's Motor Girl Omnibus (it's a short read, only took him an hour, he thought it was weird but kinda good).

I only wanted one thing, Spider-Man for PS4. I also added the novel The Abominable by Dan Simmons, but that was basically an afterthought; I only cared about the game, really. Also got cash from my parents to get whatever else I desire, which will help clear up my eBay and Amazon lists.

Also have to work all this week, and we're expecting the state inspectors to arrive now since they're very late, but frankly have been having a good Christmas this year. Hope everyone else has been doing good.

Comment

Working...
                              X