Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive always felt the other spectrums cheapened the main two being the green and yellow
    the yellow amped up a threat to the green but the other colors made it all seem normal
    it ripped away all the specialness of having a ring and shot it to everyones doing it

Comment

Originally posted by sKALEyrapp View Post
      ive always felt the other spectrums cheapened the main two being the green and yellow
      the yellow amped up a threat to the green but the other colors made it all seem normal
      it ripped away all the specialness of having a ring and shot it to everyones doing it
      Considering how vast the universe is, it's still a fraction of a fraction of people wielding rings. Though, now that blackest night is over, I think we'll see/hear less of the other corps.

Comment

It'll probably be a kids cartoon aimed at a younger audience like BB was. The whacky adventures of Hal and his angry curmudgeon friend Atrocitus.

Comment

What the heck? It focuses on Hal, Kilowog and a RED Lantern? What kind of a bizarre formula is THAT to introduce folks to the GL mythos? (And you KNOW, movie aside, this show WILL be doing that for many.) Couldn't we start with something a bit more basic before tossing in Elements like the Red Lanterns that would require their own detailed explanation? I really hope, now, that the new GL comic aimed at younger readers is NOT based off this. I MIGHT enjoy the show, since I'm already immersed in the GL mythos, but I'm not too psyched about introducing my younger kids to GL with a series with a main character that is a napalm-puking, rage Lantern.

Comment

well its my understanding that the blackest night encompassed the whole universe
            that means everyone mustve known someone with a ring or got one themselves

Comment

Originally posted by sKALEyrapp View Post
              well its my understanding that the blackest night encompassed the whole universe
              that means everyone mustve known someone with a ring or got one themselves
              That's only what, 7 people per sector? 8 if you include 2 GL's per sector. That's still minuscule.

Of course, there were a ton more black rings, but that didn't last too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                What the heck? It focuses on Hal, Kilowog and a RED Lantern? What kind of a bizarre formula is THAT to introduce folks to the GL mythos? (And you KNOW, movie aside, this show WILL be doing that for many.) Couldn't we start with something a bit more basic before tossing in Elements like the Red Lanterns that would require their own detailed explanation? I really hope, now, that the new GL comic aimed at younger readers is NOT based off this. I MIGHT enjoy the show, since I'm already immersed in the GL mythos, but I'm not too psyched about introducing my younger kids to GL with a series with a main character that is a napalm-puking, rage Lantern.
                I think by Red Lantern, they just mean that we'll see Atrocitus early on ala Secret Origin.

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                That's only what, 7 people per sector? 8 if you include 2 GL's per sector. That's still minuscule.

Of course, there were a ton more black rings, but that didn't last too long.
                I think the point is that is that we still have to deal with those color corps instead of the already limitless potential of the GREEN Lantern Corps. Its what we picked up the book for. While the other corps may not be a significant amount of creatures in the universe, it still takes away focus from the most interesting non-one dimensional characters.

Comment

yeah west gets the initial idea and complaint

Comment

I freely admit that the color-coded cavalry is a bit silly, but I see them slowly moving away from it. I've already noticed less of a presence in the books.

Comment

I freely admit that the color-coded cavalry is a bit silly, but I see them slowly moving away from it. I've already noticed less of a presence in the books.
                      I could use a LOT less presence! They need to speed up the withdrawl process! The book needs to start being about GREEN Lanterns again.

As far as the cartoon goes, I don't think it's a bad thing to have guest stars from the rainbow brigade era of the book. It'd be nice if every episode featured some kind of cool guest star throughout GL's 70 year history. I just think it'd be lame, even for kids, to make Atrocitus or some other Red Lantern a sidekick in every episode. I guess we'll see what they end up doing sooner or later.

Comment

Remember, it says "will feature", it says nothing about him being a sidekick, he'll probably be a recurring villain, along with Sinestro, Black Hand, etc.

Comment

Remember, it says "will feature", it says nothing about him being a sidekick, he'll probably be a recurring villain, along with Sinestro, Black Hand, etc.
                          That's how I see it
                          Good time to be a GL fan indeed
                          In blackest day or brightest night,
                          ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
                          Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
                          With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

Well, we have to watch in order for anyone to recur.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                              Won't we?

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                So you're saying you wouldn't support the show? You can count on one hand the number of current good cartoons. I'll at least give it look first and then condemn it.

Comment

Working...
                                X