Sentai/Kamen Rider/Tokusatsu Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sentai/Kamen Rider/Tokusatsu Thread

I figured we could use a thread for this stuff, but I wasn't sure they each needed their own threads, so here we go.

Current Sentai: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
    Current Kamen Rider: Kamen Rider Fourze

Hade Ni... KITAAAA
    [center]

Originally posted by W.West
    DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Yo.

the last GREAT sentai show was "Gosei Sentai.........DAIRANGER!!", and Im hold my breath until every1 here agrees with me!!

moving right along, has anybody seen Ōgon Kishi Garo (aka Golden Knight Garo) by any chance? I heard it was decent (and wat Ive seen so far *was* pretty slick), but was also a bit on the childish side, which I could do w/o. any & all opinions are welcome........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Episode 33 of Gokaiger is the Dairanger tribute
      [center]

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
        Yo.

the last GREAT sentai show was "Gosei Sentai.........DAIRANGER!!", and Im hold my breath until every1 here agrees with me!!

moving right along, has anybody seen Ōgon Kishi Garo (aka Golden Knight Garo) by any chance? I heard it was decent (and wat Ive seen so far *was* pretty slick), but was also a bit on the childish side, which I could do w/o. any & all opinions are welcome........

Tazer
        I do love to shimmy along with that theme.
        Definitely my favourite behind Gokaigers.

Now, I'm a bit into sentai, but I'm much more a Kamen Rider Fan.
        Have seen all of Double, Decade, Kiva, Hibiki, and Kabuto.
        Seen parts of Den-O, Kuuga, Faiz, Blade, and Ryuki(Almost done with this one).
        And almost seen every original rider film. J would be the last one.
        I have some knowlegde on the older Rider Stuff, but still need to watch some, I've only really seen a few episodes of Black and Amazon.

My favourites though are Kiva, Hibiki and Double, and Favourite Riders are Hibiki, Kiva, Skull, Ixa, Zanki, Double, Accel, and The Second.

Also, Accel Henshin? Probably my favourite. Teryui Ryo knows how to be a Bad Ass.
        + YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

He is a Man who will someday be a Kamen Rider

Comment

Shinker the best so far but Gokai might beat it depending on ending
          followed by Geki
          Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

No love for Liveman?

Comment

I haven't seen that back I started with Boukenger

Comment

I'd suggest giving Magi Ranger and Liveman both a go.
                Liveman is the 10th series, so it's got some date to it, but about the same quality from Kamen Rider Black, which for the time is superb, and usually seen as one of the Best Sentai series.
                Magiranger was I think the 2004 series. A great series from not too long ago, but not the best(In fact the translated Power Rangers Mystic Force is actually a bit better), still much worth a watch.

Comment

I've been wanting to watch Magi for awhile but just haven't found the time

Comment

I know how that is.
                    Been killer trying to get back into Kamen Rider Ryuki for me, despite that I only have some 8 episodes left.

Comment

I've been going back and watching recent series for the podcast. Besides Gokai, I've watched half of Shinkenger (to catch up with the current PR series), Go-Onger, and Boukenger. We're going with Dekaranger next. I want to watch Magi soon, but I'm waiting for http://shinkenanon.wordpress.com/ to finish it so I don't have to watch the TV-Nihon subs.

As for Kamen Rider, Fourze is my first. It's pretty fun.

Oh, and I watched 3 episodes of Goseiger... and then I stopped.
                      [center]

Comment

I've only seen the first episode of Fourze and the first 5 of OOOs.
                        They're fun, but I like my Kamen Rider melodramatic, and deeply depressing. (Kiva)

Comment

yeah, Fourze doesn't have much of that lol
                          [center]

Comment

Kamen Rider used to be all depressing and shit. Now's it's all fun and full of life. It's bullshit.

Comment

I'm sure you can find other ways to depress yourself.
                              [center]

Comment

Working...
                              X