I'm Redesigning the DC Universe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Redesigning the DC Universe...

I've been reimagining DC character designs for over twenty years now, my first being in the 2nd grade when I thought Batman should have a full face mask ala Jean Paul Valley [who was making waves at this point in the 90's]. What I'd like to do here in this thread is show how I would interpret DC's icons and some of the 3rd and 4th stringers too while I'm at it. I'm sure villains will come into play sooner than later, but opening up I'd like to begin with mostly heroes. After I thought about it for a bit, I think I'll actually do the universe of characters and reimagined concepts I made for my 52 title DCU comic line from another thread.

I'm gonna start off with a character I've always thought had a lot of potential visually: Green Arrow. The design I came up with is inspired in part by his Golden Age look that included red trim, his current DCYou look with the symbol, and his duds in the Arrow tv series. Let me know what you think! Crits always welcome!

Dunno who's gonna be next, probably somebody like GA I've never toyed with much until now. If there's a concept or character from the list I linked earlier you want to see sooner than later please let me know! Comments greatly appreciated!

~M~

Love it!

One or two suggestions. I reckon this design would suit well the shoulder pads that are in Arrow in season 4. Also I think the logo should be the same dark green as his legs as opposed to introducing another green. Maybe even have a red trim around the outside of the arrow logo (like supergirl has a yellow trim around her logo on the TV series). Still love this design though!

As for next, I reckon Flash and Zoom would be cool.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
      Love it!

One or two suggestions. I reckon this design would suit well the shoulder pads that are in Arrow in season 4. Also I think the logo should be the same dark green as his legs as opposed to introducing another green. Maybe even have a red trim around the outside of the arrow logo (like supergirl has a yellow trim around her logo on the TV series). Still love this design though!

As for next, I reckon Flash and Zoom would be cool.
      I never cared for shoulder pads and it would've made the design look more short sleeved than sleeveless. I played with the symbol a bit, and I even tried the red trim around it, but to me a guy calling himself Green Arrow has the right to wear more than two shades if he wants. Believe it or not the mask is a few shades different as well just less noticeable.

I actually started on the Flash already but I'm trying to think outside the box a little more. Trying to do things I haven't already done a dozen times over...

~M~

Comment

Superman will be next with an inspired costume. I'm sure everyone will see the inspiration the second they see it...

~M~

Comment

Originally posted by -M- View Post
          I never cared for shoulder pads and it would've made the design look more short sleeved than sleeveless. I played with the symbol a bit, and I even tried the red trim around it, but to me a guy calling himself Green Arrow has the right to wear more than two shades if he wants. Believe it or not the mask is a few shades different as well just less noticeable.

I actually started on the Flash already but I'm trying to think outside the box a little more. Trying to do things I haven't already done a dozen times over...

~M~
          Ah fair enough, each to their own. I've always tended to like shoulder pads myself. And I do see your point there.

Yeah, you do raise a fair point there. I've just always been one of those guys who've liked sticking with 2-3 colours. But I guess it worked out well for characters such as Parallax.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Best to do people you've not really done as much.
          Superman will be next with an inspired costume. I'm sure everyone will see the inspiration the second they see it...

~M~
          Ooooh, looking forward to it.
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

I wanted to add white to Superman's costume, similar to Powergirl/Superwoman. Went the full monty and took out yellow altogether, and came up with this. Truth, justice, and what's left of the American way...

~M~
            Ωmega Man
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Ωmega Man; 11-23-2015, 05:46 AM.

Comment

i like S-man (really good btw) but i'm just not feeling it with GA (maybe cause i'm not a fan of his)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I wanted to add white to Superman's costume, similar to Powergirl/Superwoman. Went the full monty and took out yellow altogether, and came up with this. Truth, justice, and what's left of the American way...

~M~
                Lookin' good!

Comment

Dunno if what I've done for the Flash is what I want for this 'line' of characters. Still working on possibilities for him. I am however, working on something for Billy Batson/Capt. Marvel. Nobody's gonna make me call him Shazam lol

~M~

Comment

That looks similar to what I'm doing with my Superman project I'm doing. White chest with blue suit. Looks pretty good. Can't wait to see the next.

Comment

Dunno if what I've done for the Flash is what I want for this 'line' of characters. Still working on possibilities for him. I am however, working on something for Billy Batson/Capt. Marvel. Nobody's gonna make me call him Shazam lol

~M~
                      Oooooh! I'm really looking forward to seeing SHAZAM

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                        Oooooh! I'm really looking forward to seeing SHAZAM
                        I can go ahead and tell you, it's NOTHING that you would expect. And it's based on another version of the Billy Batson character somewhat from a popular Elseworlds mini series. At least in concept.

~M~

Comment

I can go ahead and tell you, it's NOTHING that you would expect. And it's based on another version of the Billy Batson character somewhat from a popular Elseworlds mini series. At least in concept.

~M~
                          Oh nice, I'll look forward to this then.

Comment

Flash was kinda hard to rework, wanted to make it two toned but try and keep it simple. I had planned on making him like living lightning but I've done that kinda thing before. Batson will be next... just reworking a couple minor details...

~M~

Comment

Flash was kinda hard to rework, wanted to make it two toned but try and keep it simple. I had planned on making him like living lightning but I've done that kinda thing before. Batson will be next... just reworking a couple minor details...

~M~
                              Looks awesome! Well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X