Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we save more Lanterns from the Emerald Space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dalor of Timron. His disappearance always haunted me.

Charlie Vicker.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
      Dalor of Timron. His disappearance always haunted me.

Charlie Vicker.
      I'd go for BOTH of those!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Thank you.

I don't know. I think most of the "problems" you could make actual good stories from: what happens when a presumed dead lantern returns and has been replaced for years? How does a man react when he's moved on and his wife/love-of-his-life comes back from beyond? Those bits (even if they're a bit soap opera--what comic isn't?) could be done well.
        I've actually been expecting a story like that with Abin Sur at some point since no one of any importance seems to stay dead forever in comics. He gets resurrected, but he sees that Jordan has surpassed him. He wants to join the Corps again, but no new rings find their way to him for whatever reason. He goes soul-searching because his identity was tied so closely to being a Lantern. When he finds reason to *hope* again, we know who would come calling.
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
          I could be wrong, but I think... I think... Arkkiss died in an annual in the 80s. Oh yeah, he did. I think he was fighting... Maaldor or someone. Makes no difference, though

It was a long ago forgotten event. It's interesting how some of these Green Lanterns have managed to retain a bit of relevance and presence even after being dead for decades. I think that is mostly due to animation. Katma has had some really big roles in cartoons, and Ch'p has left a mark there, too. Same with Arkkiss and Tomar. Whenever Green Lantern stuff gets adapted, it seems the developers use the classic characters instead of the stand-ins.

I would like to see K'ryssma return. I always thought she pretty cool, and as alien GL's go, she was pretty important in the '80s.
          You're right my bad, and I should have known better since I have that issue collected.

I just think it's cause the older lanterns tended to look the most interesting design-wise, and since the animators may or may not read 80's and 90's GL comics, they remember those particularly designed GL lanterns most of all.

K'ryssma would be nice to have back. She had an interesting concept, being a "being" of energy. She was also part of the GL power guard along with Tomar-Re and Apros (the only one of the three who's still alive, ha-ha)!
          Mister.Weirdo
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 03-04-2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

So, do you think Tomar Tu as Tomar Re's son was a deliberate retcon, or just lack of research and the writer making the same assumption that they were related that Hal made when he first met Tomar Tu?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              So, do you think Tomar Tu as Tomar Re's son was a deliberate retcon, or just lack of research and the writer making the same assumption that they were related that Hal made when he first met Tomar Tu?
              You know I had thought for a moment "he's not his son," but then figured I just forgot their relationship. Thanks for reminding me. My guess would be that it was a mistake, but it's possible an editor or someone let it through as a retcon.

Comment

Definitely a mistake. The writer's don't read every past issue like we do. It would be easily missed.

Comment

Hell, it's hard for me to keep track of who's dead. Killing Jack T. Chance was stupid.

Comment

It's funny, GLs have such a short life expectancy after joining the Corps. I'd like to see another short story of a retiring GL's last adventure, and living happily ever after. It's been a dog's age since they have done one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                      Hell, it's hard for me to keep track of who's dead. Killing Jack T. Chance was stupid.
                      To torment Kyle when Kyle hasn't given him too much of a second thought, not that he has had too many places to even think it. Killing fan favorite Lanterns for shock value or add gravity is dumb. Arkiss dying in that one off story was dumb, making Laira cool only to have her go red then dead was dumb, the Alpha Lantern plot wasn't good enough reason to lose Boodikka, Hollika Rahn died with hundreds of other Lanterns fighting Grayven. Kreon dies in a forgettable Manhunter storyline. Katma dying at the hands of Carol no longer seems to be that big of a deal since John has no issues with Carol anymore. The only one I didn't have much of a problem with was Tomar Re, only because since Hal had to get his ring back at the end of Crisis, someone had to give a ring to John, it being an unknown Lantern wouldn't have had the same gravitas.

As much as I loved Ch'p and I did, that story in Mosaic, in fact that entire run was so epic I want it to be cannon. As much as I like the Fatality possibility with John and ambivalent when it comes to a John Sora ship. If they brought Rose back into John's life, if only to reference the Mosaic years I wouldn't be opposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                        Definitely a mistake. The writer's don't read every past issue like we do. It would be easily missed.
                        I couldn't even tell that was Jack T. Chance, since the writers seem to go back and fourth between whether or not he looks like an alien or a human.

Comment

I wonder though - *do* they all just stand around all the time? And wouldn't some of them rather spend eternity with their families rather than their coworkers? We need to find out more about this place...

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                            I wonder though - *do* they all just stand around all the time? And wouldn't some of them rather spend eternity with their families rather than their coworkers? We need to find out more about this place...
                            I thought about that too. It definitely doesn't seem anything like heaven or much of a reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              I thought about that too. It definitely doesn't seem anything like heaven or much of a reward.
                              It just looked like a staging area with fallen Lanterns aimlessly wandering around, waiting for someone else to show up. This Emerald Space could certainly use some development.

Comment

Working...
                              X