Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone getting the Sinestro Battery in a few days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthos View Post
    I can tell you that the finished product looks nothing like that pic, sorry.
    Yeah, that's obvious from the pics that gl2814h posted. What an epic FAIL on DC Direct's part.

Comment

It's almost as if the yellow used would more accurately reflect the comic color, but the pics shown at the show would be a more "true life" representation. Just my thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthos View Post
        It's almost as if the yellow used would more accurately reflect the comic color, but the pics shown at the show would be a more "true life" representation. Just my thought.
        And it's the right thought. It has been stated in the comic many times that the yellow power rings are made out of yellow metal... sometimes with a yellow gem, sometimes all metal, but yellow metal, nonetheless.

Anyone that knows the least bit about metals in real life knows that yellow metals are NOT lemon yellow. In real life, yellow metals look like GOLD or BRASS, which means they are GOLDEN in color. And DC Direct KNOWS this, or at least they used to, back when they made their high-end replicas of Sinestro's Yellow Power Ring (Version 2):

Notice how the band is gold-plated/chromed/whatever? That's because that's how it's SUPPOSED to look!

But it's alright. I'll just resell this abomination and use the money to buy DC Direct's Movie version of the GL Power Battery, which I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise.

The worst part is this was likely my ONLY chance to own an officially licensed prop replica of the Sinestro Corps Power Battery, and DC Direct has wasted the opportunity that they had to offer the definitive version of this prop.
        Jack T. Chance
        Really knows where his towel is!
        Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 02-25-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I am really annoyed about these props now that they are plasitc .... considering that they are all plastic should the price on them not you know ... DROP!?.... I am fearing how my red lantern will look painted now ... Does anyone have any pictures of how looked at sdcc?.. If it looks like plastic crap like sinestros I'm not going to buy anymore of these. Sure I could buy them & mod them & pay someone to properly paint them for me but for the price I am already paying why should I have to ...

Comment

thats why I'll wait til I can afford to have Hazard build me one of his. They look the same, AND I don't have to deal with shitty chinese-paint-jobs. (nothing against chinese people)

Comment

These are the pics that I took at SDCC last year, the Yellow PB looks like the ones that are being distributed.... and that is as close to the real Red that I could get...
              TheGoatLantern
              Beta-Lantern
              Last edited by TheGoatLantern; 02-25-2011, 07:58 PM.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Well the other batteries look much nicer, and they'll most likely keep them that way until they're released. I don't think I have to worry about my Red Lantern turning out shitty

Comment

The batteries would have more appeal if they were unique, and that's why I like the red one. The other batteries are just replicas of the green with variances to the handle.

I am kind of interested to see how the Black Lantern lights up, more specifically, the color.

Comment

I said it before and I'll say it again, I like them all and in a perfect world I would get them all...

Comment

Now this is another rainbowy thing that I want

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                        The batteries would have more appeal if they were unique, and that's why I like the red one. The other batteries are just replicas of the green with variances to the handle.

I am kind of interested to see how the Black Lantern lights up, more specifically, the color.
                        I'll be getting Red, Orange, Blue, Black and White. and MAYBE pink and indigo. if I have the xtra cash for those ones. and I'll only get the ones listed if I can find them for a sweet discounted price.

oh and the movie and red batteries are already on preorder!

I'll bet the back lantern will have a white light, white would look pretty sick to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post

is that the Prince of persia gauntlet?

Comment

You'd think the gems would be a bit bigger. It would be kind of cool if you could wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by MisfitLantern View Post
                              is that the Prince of persia gauntlet?
                              It's the Infinity Gauntlet... I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post

Next to the power batteries, a replica of the Infinity Gauntlet is my ultimate grail. I'll even take the movie version, I just want it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X