2nd viewing better than first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
    Thanks for supporting this movie that many times this weekend, you're a true fan.
    REALLY?

Comment

Whatever yah say!

Comment

i agree with this, i went with my fraternity brothers at the midnight premiere, sounds irrational i know...

but because we rolled in 20 ppl deep taking up a whole row, it was midnight i was REALLY tired from building a deck, i was really nervous that my bros would talk mad shit the entire time.

fuck it man im watching it again today, then im going to watch it tomorrow for my cable companys incentive of free movie tuesday!!!

Comment

Friday I got a co-worker to go with me and we saw it in 2d....both loved. Saturday me and my comic friends saw it (4) in 3d and they all loved it. I actually am torn on which I like better. I do not like the 3d for the 3d effects but more of how the glasses tinted the movie giving a realistic look. I think the 2d looked a little to cgi but not that its a bad thing or anything to distract from the movie...it could just be the fact it was my first viewing I did not know what to expect....however both times were great. I will probably see it twice next weekend more then likely in 2d just because 3d glasses give me a headache.

Comment

just came back from watching it again!!! i loved it in 2D!!!!! there werent any strains on my eyes from 3D so i got to enjoy it comfortably (im a unique individual lol)!!

though i believe theres too much in the story, i had a feel that it had batman begins in it, i notice some of the mannerisms reynolds did were alike to bales performance in BB.

i know all everyone hears from me is batman begins this and BBs that... but thats my favorite movie and loved the build up of a hero...it was the same in green lantern so i agree with who mentioned.."Green Lantern Begins" LOL!!! honestly, if you watch it again...if they had the right music scores to fit the scenes better, it would be that more awesome...instead i dont know why hans zimmer had spiderman 3 corny music going on, im looking for more epic stuff to go with the epic scenes!! loveddddddddddd it and hope that when its released on bluray they release an unedited version with never before seen clips!!

Comment

I actually saw it for the fourth time today, 3D,2D, 3D & 3D and I keep enjoying the crap out of this film. I know objectively I think it could use some more characterization in the form of Hammond and how he relates to Hal and Carol, or why Abin Sur is flying a ship, and I'd love to see some more battles. But honestly, this film is like my cinematic crack. I know its not seen as 'up to par' by critics and people alike but its a fun watch.

I havent gotten tired of seeing it and everytime I pick up on something else, first I'm pretty sure the sabre is actually Martin Jordan's plane model, not his call sign, (Think Blue Angels) The lanterns who get killed by Parallax in Sinestro's squadron are G'Hu, Green Man, Isamot Kol and Rot Lop Fan, When Hammond comes back to his home from crashing the helicopter, he brushes off the contents of his desk and on the floor is a Pokemon Gameboy Advance Cartridge, Jason Jordan has a poster of the Freak (Tim Lincecum) in his bedroom among other MLB photos (Thats why they thank MLB in the credits), Coast City license plates, picked up a lot more on dialogue too.
              I Bleed Green

"WHO CONTROLS WHAT NOW?" - Hal Jordan

Comment

Question for those of you that saw this film multiple times, what happens at the end of the scene when Hal battles Hector for the first time? I remember an explosion and Hector on his knees screaming. The scene ends and IIRC cuts to the next where Hal is in his apartment with Carol and his buddy. How come Hal didn't finish off Hector at the end of this scene?
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                  Question for those of you that saw this film multiple times, what happens at the end of the scene when Hal battles Hector for the first time? I remember an explosion and Hector on his knees screaming. The scene ends and IIRC cuts to the next where Hal is in his apartment with Carol and his buddy. How come Hal didn't finish off Hector at the end of this scene?
                  for that you just have to say it was poor editing

anyway i agree seeing it the 1st time was good but seeing it a 2nd time even better

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    for that you just have to say it was poor editing
                    Yeah, I agree with you. It's just so bizarre they would cut a fight scene like that. I don't recall a fight scene ever being cut in the middle. I mean, it would be like Luke Skywalker fighting Darth Vader, Luke knocks Vader to his knees and then the scene ends and cuts to Luke hanging in a tree house with some Ewoks.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Actually...Hal just got a serious mental attack by Hammond...after he managed to muster enuf will to push him away with his ring he looked wasted...tired..spent. This would be where Hammond escaped. If you read GL: secret origins by Johns...Hal couldn't fend off Hammonds attack on his and Carol's minds. Sinestro ended up saving them and asked Hal: "A rudimentary telepath actually disrupted your concentration?" Gotta remember at this stage he doesn't know how to put up telepathic blockers with the ring.

Comment

Yeah, I read Secret Origins and would have liked it if the movie would have unfolded that way instead of the "poor editing."

Comment

Yeah, I read Secret Origins and would have liked it if the movie would have unfolded that way instead of the "poor editing."
                          I agree...that would have made for a far better confrontation.

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGamer View Post
                            I agree...that would have made for a far better confrontation.
                            And a better movie...though it still wasnt the worst...imho

Comment

I prefer that Hector Hammond to the one we got...

but I'd still rather see "Emerald Dawn : The Movie" (minus the drunk driving I suppose)

Comment

They way I saw it is there was a scene flash of Hector knelling on the ground, then flash of Hal regaining his composure, then flash of floor/room where Hector was. Hector escaped. I agree maybe a scene of Hector running down a hall would have helped.

Comment

Working...
                                X