My Hal "Rebirth" Costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hal "Rebirth" Costume

I'm not 100% sure where to post this, so I'm putting it here, it can be moved if necessary.

So my wife and I are starting a Hal costume for Emerald City ComiCon. I'm doing a slightly different take on the construction of the costume. My biggest pet-peeve with "store-bought" GL costumes is that the green parts rarely match each-other, so to remedy this, I'll be using acrylic airbrush paint to paint the mask, boots and torso. For a consistent texture, I'll be making the green torso section out of black stretch pleather.

As soon as I can scan my costume sketch, I'll post it up here. My ultimate goal is to make the most consistent, most accurate rebirth costume out there. As a secondary goal, I want to get the white gloves signed by a bunch of GL artists and writers while at ECCC

COOL... Waiting for pics
    I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Looking forward to it.

Comment

I plan on using this paint:

I've already tested it on some black stretch pleather, it works perfect, it stretches with the material, is the perfect shade of green, and as an added bonus, has a metallic sheen.

For the black parts, I intend to use a Black Moleskin Rough Spandex, this will be "football pants" weight, it will be a matte finish. My main goal is that it not look cheap.

Comment

I'll be using these for the boots, they're rubber riding boots, I've had a similar pair before, they should paint well, and the slight angle at the top should work for Hal's "rebirth" style boots.

Comment

Originally posted by sj_hawkins View Post
            Looking forward to it.
            what he said

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Here's a quick outline on what materials I plan to use:

Mask
              Black Latex Mask painted Green

Torso
              Black Stretch Pleather painted Green

Body Suit
              Black Moleskin Rough Spandex

Gloves
              White Stretch Pleather

Boots
              Black Rubber Riding Boots painted Green

And to reference what my wife is capable of :

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/212632/

Comment

looking forward to seeing this dude

Comment

Alright, here's a quick update on my progress, I printed out some templates that I made in illustrator to begin on the emblem.

I used thin black foamies to cut out 3 layers of the emblem, the first layer, the back, is simply round, the second layer is the emblem cutout with a round border (slightly smaller diameter that back layer). The third layer is the same as the second, but with a smaller diameter.

The plan is to stack the three layers and the fill the outermost edge with modeling clay to create a smooth 45 degree bevel. Then coat the whole thing in a clear-coat to seal it and make it smooth. After that we'll make a mold of it and cast it with a plastic solution, after which it will be painted green. for the white sections we'll be cutting out the white pleather and gluing it inset into the emblem.

The design I'm using for inspiration is from the cover of Blackest Night #6

That's all for now, I'll post more when I've made more progress

Comment

Can´t wait to see that. Great project!!

Comment

HOT D@MN THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GL COSTUM EVER!!!!!!!! and we haven't even seen it yet

IonFan says

Comment

So far so good
                        I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the emblem will be removable, and if all goes as planned, I'll have a second version that lights up.

Comment

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                            Oh, and I forgot to mention, the emblem will be removable, and if all goes as planned, I'll have a second version that lights up.
                            again i post

oh and

IonFan says

Comment

lol @ Andy Samberg

Comment

Working...
                              X