• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth 2 #3 —Spoilers—

Earth 2 #3
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-05-2012, 01:32 PM.

It seems pretty clear that the other thread has become about the "gay" debate, so for those who want to actually discuss this issue, have at it.

[Mods: I forgot to add a poll.]

Despite my general feelings that DC has screwed up the JSA, I did like this issue.
    Alan's origin here is different from before and from the GLC.

Hawkgirl (who loses out to Alan's premeir) is a bit of a b###h, but that fits with some previous incarnations.

And —big spoiler—Grundy as man of Gray? Wow. I guess there is kind of a gray lantern now!

Comment

For an Alan Scott issue there was very little of him. I dunno what to make of him right now ... there's so much weird about him.

As I kinda figured from the interviews the ring isn't the actual source of his power; it's just a focus. I don't like that. The ring's the most mystical thing about him! Well, it's better than no ring at all. As much as I liked the stories from Alan's Sentinel years and his relationship to Kyle, I did not like it when they ditched the ring all together.

No willpower connection either. *sigh* Well, the broad strokes seem similar to his old origin, which I like, but I'm not sold on the "Earth's protector" aspect of Alan's origin yet, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I gotta re-read Stan Lee's GL, it seems so similar to this one.

Overall, though, I guess I liked the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
        No willpower connection either. *sigh* Well, the broad strokes seem similar to his old origin, which I like, but I'm not sold on the "Earth's protector" aspect of Alan's origin yet, but I'm willing to give it a chance.
        We don't know for sure yet though. Yeah, the light didn't mention will power but Alan has to discover his powers so maybe he'll discover a link between his will and his strength. We really don't know his limitations yet.

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
        I gotta re-read Stan Lee's GL, it seems so similar to this one. . .
        Very much so.

Comment

not liking the GL logo
          Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

That logo on the cover is just a re-use from the last few years of Kyle's run. The one inside the issue is different. (And crappy.)
            The last fan of 1990s comics
            Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Well i liked this issue, it continues to be fun to read for me. Also is Alan scott the swamp thing of earth two? lol
              "Not to call you a coward, master, but, sometimes, cowards do survive."

Comment

Originally posted by StelMK2 View Post
                Well i liked this issue, it continues to be fun to read for me. Also is Alan scott the swamp thing of earth two? lol
                It sounds really similar, doesn't it? It's kind of like the Green and the Starheart are fused on Earth Two.

Comment

not gonna lie i give it a look see............. didn't like it (you know why and with any luck DC will forget the whole "__" thing and never bring it up ever again)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by StelMK2 View Post
                    Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    It sounds really similar, doesn't it? It's kind of like the Green and the Starheart are fused on Earth Two.
                    I'm going to take it one step further, Alan Scott is tied to the Green, Grundy is tied to the Rot, and I predict Wildcat will be tied to the Red.

Anyways 3 issue into this series and I really like the concepts/direction they're heading in. I have no problem with a Swamp Thing analogue being the top gun so to speak in a world where Superman and co. are off the table. I just wish the dialogue was better, Robinson really needs a strong editor to reign him in. One other complaint, albeit a minor one, is that I don't like Alan's costume, should've been green and black, solid green just doesn't work.

Comment

I'll read it tomorrow and see what happens
                      Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                        One other complaint, albeit a minor one, is that I don't like Alan's costume, should've been green and black, solid green just doesn't work.
                        Yeah, I think a more original costume would've worked a lot better, instead of a poor copy of Kyle's costume from the last few years of Vol. 3.

Comment

You now it occurs to me that making lan ties to "the green" is a great, logical way to legitimize his vulnerability to wood. Once I realized that, I'm looking at it a little more favorably.

I don't know anything about Swampy, but if they wanted to tie Grundy to the red wouldn't they have called him "man of red"? If I'm going to give the Earth-2 guys any credit it seems like they're trying to go for the Yin/Yang aspect of the Starheart (which, obviously, doesn't exist). Basically a balancing effect. The Starheart has two sides - good and evil. This sort of seems the same way, sort of. The green energy of life had the counter of the grey evergy of death.

Comment

Maybe, but as far as we've seen, there is no Starheart in Earth 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                              Maybe, but as far as we've seen, there is no Starheart in Earth 2.
                              I'm not saying there is. I'm saying they took inspiration from the Yin/Yang aspect of the Starheart and applied it to a new situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X