Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the exotic holster, but I'm probably not gonna use it (for a while, anyway) since I'm doing fine with my current setup (and I don't feel like sacrificing over a thousand points of armor and the gear bonuses just to reload my weapon faster.

Almost done with the Gunner unlock, have to kill this one boss and then complete one last set of requirements, and then I should be golden.

I've almost got the clan to level 14, but me and the founder are the only people who even log in (and I barely ever see him, even being on every night). Once I level it up one last time and check the bonuses, I'm leaving it and seeing if there's a better group I can join to grab some commendations.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• dunkey: Super Mario Maker 2

Also, quit my Div2 clan, maybe one day I'll join another, but a lot of shit right now in life before I bother with a detail like that.

Comment

• Earlier tonight my dad showed me his Division 2 progress, and I was pleasantly surprised to see he had managed to acquire four Hunter masks. Just summoning them can be difficult, more than a little tricky and time-consuming, and they are very deadly enemies especially now, and my dad relies mostly on his character's skills so fighting even one Hunter is a little challenging. This makes his work all the more impressive.

When I got home I went to one of the spawn points, which my dad showed me, and tried it for myself. Now I have one mask and I'll try for the others over the next few weeks until I have them all.

Comment

• Saw one of the more elusive Hunters but he ran twice from me before I could kill him. The other nearby I can't even seem to spawn although I did the summoning correctly.

Did jumping jacks in an empty pool and got roasted by another Hunter's flame turret, screwing me out of two masks. Gonna have to wait to summon them again.

I did get the Hunter near the Lincoln Memorial and the other by the Hyena stronghold.

Comment

• My dad has almost all of the Hunter masks, and I'm very impressed with him. He has to take on 3-4 of the bastards next, that'll burn hours if not days for at least the next week. I myself have grabbed some more but I'm behind him by far, and I have to use another video for a reliable summoning method for each because Arekkz's video is not entirely reliable anymore.

Also, Borderlands 3 scrapped cover art has been released. It's a large pic, but the art itself is gorgeous, each one showing some pretty good creativity.
            Agent Purple
            The Illustrated Man
            Last edited by Agent Purple; 07-21-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• This was pretty fun.

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Spent the evening clearing out all but Tidal Basin for this week's Division 2 invasion. Apparently Massive changed the programming because previously setting invaded missions to hard or higher didn't complete the difficulty-related commendations (beating each mission on hard or higher ten times each). Last week I discovered that replaying completed invaded missions on higher difficulty counted, but now I see that Massive has done more than I thought.

Still chasing a full, decent set of True Patriot armor. Got a couple new pieces but nothing amazing.

But hey, I completed the current apparel event and got all the items, the first time I've been able to get everything (hopefully the events recycle relatively soon because I want a bunch of the previous offerings).

Comment

• Mega Man 11 is a lot of fun. I have only been playing casual, but I like the art syle and mechanics. I've almost beat it, but it looks like there is some postgame content

Comment

• ^I got stuck on #9. Those games are hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      ^I got stuck on #9. Those games are hard.
                      I agree, I was able to beat each guy in 9 and 10, but never finished the castles. Heck, that's probably the truth for most Mega Man games. Only ones I can remember beating are 2, 3, and 6. Never beat any of the X series as well, I've played most but not all those.

Whereas 9 and 10 were like MM2, MM11 is more like MM5. You can slide and use the charge up shot, Rush is there too.

Comment

• ^Yeah, I beat MM2 back in the day (used to play it so much that I knew I could beat it if I had a two-hour block). I re-beat that and #1 in the mini-NES, but with save states (which is basically a cheat). Weird thing is I always found them challenging and couldn't beat most of them, but I still loved the games; especially the story. Years later, when I found the story was largely cribbed from Astro Boy, I had a new venue to follow.

But to this day, Mega Man is in my top five favorite video game franchises along with Hit Man, Mortal Kombat, and Metal Gear (which has slipped in my estimation after MGS 3).
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 08-10-2019, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• Finished the Kenly College Expedition for Division 2, grabbing nearly all the cell phone recordings, all backpack trophies, and unlocking all three supply rooms and the Chapel so that I got the Diamondback exotic rifle. Here are my thoughts:

1) The babysitting needs to stop, immediately. At multiple points throughout the expedition the player is required to fend off waves of enemies while a countdown burns away and vulnerable equipment must either be protected or kept in close proximity; if the former then it's easily destroyed, and if the latter then it's easily too far away. You also have to babysit an NPC at the Student Union Center, which just makes things all the more irritable. More than once I failed because the unending flood of hostiles combined with the fragility of the equipment and the mission went foul. Thanks, Massive. I don't have a healing setup to my Hive device, so hell if I know if it can do anything or not, but I doubt it. These game design choices should never, ever be embraced.

2) The level layouts are very "open" in the sense that you can wander around all over the place and discover a hell of a lot of loot (gear, weapons, materials), but the navigation system is a joke more than ever before. At times it took me a couple minutes of running around clueless to figure out where I was and needed to be. I know having your hand held is stupid, but there was a little more trickery to orienting oneself than there probably should have been.

3) The Diamondback. It hits like a beast from what I've seen other people say, but at the same time, it's design is mind-boggling bordering on ridiculous. You have a rifle with a snake wrapped around its entire length, the snake being some bizarre hybrid of cobra (head) and rattler (tail). On the one hand, it's just a game, yeah I get that, but on the other, I just don't know what to make of this.

4-a) The enemies changed things up just slightly this time, with numerous mini-boss/boss encounters throughout each section. What really surprised me were the couple of times that an Outcast heavy, who usually carry sledgehammers, two of these bastards were wielding goddamn flamethrowers. Really set me on edge when they showed up.

4-b) The two-at-once fight in the Student Union Center against two Outcast bosses that were immune to damage except fire. It wasn't just their armor needing to be exposed to flames before you could kill their health bars, they were totally invincible except to explosive boxes and barrels scattered around the room. It took way longer than it should have to kill them because of this mechanic.

Final thoughts: nice area to explore, I'm glad the once NPC can be rescued, but the obvious padding and misery-inducing mechanics need to be removed, and future weapon design needs a little more thought put into it.

Comment

• Cinemassacre: "Life of Black Tiger VHS commercial"

Comment

• Just reinstalled Division 1 onto my PS4's external HDD. Mainly I want to re-access my characters and inventory and take pictures for my capture gallery, but since the player base is smaller than in Division 2, I figure I might actually be able to complete some more commendations (and global events are still going on, a new one starts Monday I think).

I also need to do this for both Destiny games, and I might actually mess around briefly in Destiny 2 since I stopped playing before Forsaken came out (and it's still way too expensive for me right now). Chances are I'll drop out of that again quickly since I don't have the current content but I miss seeing my characters and some of the areas and items.

Comment

• Yo.

that had me cryin', and was good 2 see G.G. back in action (even tho his "pauses" when saying his lines drove me nuts, somewat......)

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Working...
                                X