The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 11-24-2020, 10:47 PM   #126
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
That's where we're different, because unless it's a trait that is essential to the character, I accept that characters (especially in an ongoing multiverse) will change in certain ways. Nick Fury was initially white in the comics. Now most of the world's concept of who he is centers around the MCU version, but the race change didn't change anything vital about the character.
If I heard that the Arrowverse was going to feature an older Kyle who was divorced and no longer interested in dating, I wouldn't just throw up my hands. There are still ways to make Kyle the character that he's meant to be, even under those circumstances. That's true for most characters.
The race change alone didn't change anything vital about Nick Fury, but he most certainly wasn't a Howling Commando back during WWII, he didn't lose his eye in battle, nor was he given the Infinity Serum to slow his aging. Not to mention he was in SHIELD at it's earliest stages. No, we got desk jockey Fury who lost his eye to Carol Danvers' f***ing cat that was brought into SHIELD proper BECAUSE of interacting with Carol. Ultimate Comics Fury was still Nick Fury, MCU Fury is just trash after the bullshit that was Captain Marvel.

An older divorced Kyle might be something new and done well enough, however it's not the same as changing his sexuality to non-binary or making him Cuban instead of half Mexican and letting us know about it with every appearance. Every time he's advertised as a 'popular Hispanic hero' it makes me cringe, not because I'm not okay with the retcon but because at the height of his popularity he was of Irish decent and the retcon didn't come until much later. He's done alright since then, but it has less to do with him now being part Hispanic and more to due with the fact he had a solid fanbase BEFORE the changes were ever introduced.
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #127
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωmega Man View Post
The race change alone didn't change anything vital about Nick Fury, but he most certainly wasn't a Howling Commando back during WWII, he didn't lose his eye in battle, nor was he given the Infinity Serum to slow his aging. Not to mention he was in SHIELD at it's earliest stages. No, we got desk jockey Fury who lost his eye to Carol Danvers' f***ing cat that was brought into SHIELD proper BECAUSE of interacting with Carol. Ultimate Comics Fury was still Nick Fury, MCU Fury is just trash after the bullshit that was Captain Marvel.
I don't want to get too far off topic, but I thought Captain Marvel was a solid overall effort. It's not top 5 in the MCU, but it did a lot of things well. However, one of those things was not the adaptation of the Kree-Skrull war. There isn't supposed to be a sympathetic side in that conflict. That didn't sit well with me.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:32 AM   #128
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Rumored character descriptions:

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/...urface-online/
Old 12-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #129
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Let me guess there going to somehow pull a Ellen page becoming Elliot stunt with one of these characters because its some bullshit way of saying its revolutionary or inspirational. at this rate why not make kyle a necrophiliac and guy can be a zoophile who loves having sex with animals since it happens in the real world and your all about equality big blue lantern.

I'm not homophobic you are hetrophobic so thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-03-2020 at 11:00 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #130
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Let me guess there going to somehow pull a Ellen page becoming Elliot stunt with one of these characters because its some bullshit way of saying its revolutionary or inspirational. at this rate why not make kyle a necrophiliac and guy can be a zoophile who loves having sex with animals since it happens in the real world and your all about equality big blue lantern.
So, you just took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. The link is for 3 short, basic character descriptions. The fact that you then ended up on necrophilia makes me wonder if you have some unresolved issues.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:39 PM   #131
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
So, you just took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. The link is for 3 short, basic character descriptions. The fact that you then ended up on necrophilia makes me wonder if you have some unresolved issues.
Oh you have no idea i have a lot of issues. I will say i like my women breathing and alive so im not into the whole silent type and dead like some weirdos in the world who you feel should be acknowleged because it exists in the world. You argued a few pages back just because the real world acknowledges things it has to be in everything. As a man whos been male for 35 years i find it insulting a person like Ellen page demands to be acknowledged as male and as Elliot. Shes still biologically a female. If people can choose there gender i as a white male should be able to change my race from white to whatever than without being labelled a racist. You cant say one thing is ok and must be accepted wile the other Isn't acceptable. Anytime a white person listens to rap or uses black slang there labelled wannabe black but transgenderisim is brave and heroic and schools must teach transgenderism and we need to change pronouns so people dont get offended. Give me a fucking break. Wile we are at it society thinks people covered head to toe with tattoos are freaks thugs cant hold a job and are discriminated against to where jobs dont hire them wheres protection for them? I have 4 tattoos so should i be just cast asside because people are still uptight in soon to be 2021 about tattoos? Discrimination is discrimination right? My grocery store passed on me just for my tattoos even when i agreed to cover them . If i said i was transgender gay bi whatever id be hired on the spot to avoid legal issues. My argument is where does society draw the line on what is or shouldnt be acceptable? Quit trying to look at this from a therapist point of view get back to the real world.

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-03-2020 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:54 PM   #132
Space Cop
The Dandy

To be fair, I don't think I've ever met a human being who doesn't have unresolved issues. I assume such a person would have to be perfect.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:07 PM   #133
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
To be fair, I don't think I've ever met a human being who doesn't have unresolved issues. I assume such a person would have to be perfect.
To wich nobody is perfect. Everyone has demons and faults. If this world was perfect where everyone got along or was 100 percent real and honest with eachother it be boring. Despite my all over the place rants im 100 percent honest. If someone asks me how i feel on things im going to be honest. I also think if people are asked they shouldnt be crucified or punished or forced to agree . I tell people dont ask me where i stand on things knowing you wont like what you hear. I had to block a family member on Facebook for being to noisy and basically telling me to just shut it and accept what is hip in society despite me being called a Nazi racist homophobe. I dont live life like that where people say you just have to accept it

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-03-2020 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:55 AM   #134
Space Cop
The Dandy

Well, that's heaven/paradise, but it's not on this earth.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:14 AM   #135
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Well, that's heaven/paradise, but it's not on this earth.
Not to go way off topic but i feel this life we are in right now is hell. Because theres pain misery death destruction everyday. When anyone dies they have nothing to be sad angry upset or worry about in terms of non curable illnesses anymore. I also think we create our own hell based on how we make choices in life. If you Do hard drugs you become a addict you drink everyday from 10am till whenever your a drunk and are the problem. I really do think life is what you make it

Old 12-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #136
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Oh you have no idea i have a lot of issues. I will say i like my women breathing and alive so im not into the whole silent type and dead like some weirdos in the world who you feel should be acknowleged because it exists in the world. You argued a few pages back just because the real world acknowledges things it has to be in everything. As a man whos been male for 35 years i find it insulting a person like Ellen page demands to be acknowledged as male and as Elliot.
People like Eliot can experience a disconnection from their bodied sex that can lead to chronic depression, self-harm, and even suicide. Don't feel offended that he had to spend his life coming to terms with himself. Empathize and be glad that he's happy. Furthermore, be glad that it wasn't you. Cisgendered people are lucky that we are spared of this.

Back to the topic at hand, if.you read the bios, they mentioned Guy Gardner being a husband and father. That's the biggest revelation of the bios is possibly seeing a version of Guy that we haven't seen for decades or at least having the child teacher side of him integrated into the modern incarnation.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:20 PM   #137
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I bet they'll screw it up.

Why? For two reasons. First, because they ALWAYS screw up Green Lantern, don't they? And second, they're obviously using Geoff's garbage as their reference point.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:26 PM   #138
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
People like Eliot can experience a disconnection from their bodied sex that can lead to chronic depression, self-harm, and even suicide. Don't feel offended that he had to spend his life coming to terms with himself. Empathize and be glad that he's happy. Furthermore, be glad that it wasn't you. Cisgendered people are lucky that we are spared of this.
Dude its a fad theres no scientific evidence to switching biology . I can paint myself green make my legs and tounge larger give myself frog eyes it dosent make me a frog because biologically im still a human male. Quit being gullible. Just because someone thinks something dosent make it true. Depression is a part of life everyone has it. Dude i been hospitalized 5 times for suicide attempts as a kid ive seen pros since i was 2 years old so for 33 years. People need to quit making a mockery of mental health not just trans people but lawyers as well when it comes to trying to get there client off of a murder charge for a school shooting . Mental health gets bastardized so much people refuse to get the help they need. My diagnosises are 3 anxiety disorders wich is general anxiety ocd i forget the other one plus asperger spectrum. I have no issue discussing my treatment because im not ashamed of it nor do i care what people think. I only discuss my treatment when someone asks or if its needed to make a point. I dont go around and demand you must acknowledge my situation or there has to be some legislation of human rights to protect people with mental health. Or it has to be forced on people nor do i need to be labeled brave for discussing my story. People are so desperate to get noticed theyll do anything.

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-04-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:27 PM   #139
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post

Why? For two reasons. First, because they ALWAYS screw up Green Lantern, don't they? And second, they're obviously using Geoff's garbage as their reference point.
I'm hanging my hopes on efforts like First Flght and Emerald Knights.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:39 AM   #140
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

Why? For two reasons. First, because they ALWAYS screw up Green Lantern, don't they?
I bet theyll change the guardians from being small beings to average height so sjw karens wont cry how it somehow offends midgets next. These wack jobs have been attacking the mandalorian between breast plates being used to other shit like gina carano and Rosario Dawson . These are the same idiots who say there feminist yet attack women for doing there own thing or have a different view. I swear sjw karens are a new mental disorder who cant get laid

Last edited by TazzMission; 12-05-2020 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-07-2020, 06:43 AM   #141
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

HBO Max is making more DC content available for international markets:

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...ional-markets/
Old 12-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #142
jhpace1
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
I bet theyll change the guardians from being small beings to average height so sjw karens wont cry how it somehow offends midgets next. These wack jobs have been attacking the mandalorian between breast plates being used to other shit like gina carano and Rosario Dawson . These are the same idiots who say there feminist yet attack women for doing there own thing or have a different view. I swear sjw karens are a new mental disorder who cant get laid
But some midgets (Peter Dinklage) are really popular right now! Paint that guy blue and put him in!
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:11 PM   #143
JohnMc
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
So is Simon and Jessica not going to be regulars or is there going to be a part 2 with their bios?

Quote:
Guy loves his daughter and wife
Ok. This gives me hope that they'll do him justice. I wonder who his wife will be. In comics he's only been with Kari Limbo [even engaged to her before his coma], Ice and even for awhile Fire.

Quote:
A fact that, in his era, could cost him his job, or even his life.
So is Alan not going to be a regular or is it one of those Guy and Bree end up in the past, encounter Alan, he heps them and decides to go the future with them bit?

Last edited by JohnMc; 12-07-2020 at 10:16 PM.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 02:48 AM   #144
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpace1 View Post
But some midgets (Peter Dinklage) are really popular right now! Paint that guy blue and put him in!
Yea well the easily offended snowflake generation will still find a way to bitch about it. I swear there a mental disorder

Old 12-11-2020, 01:27 AM   #145
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Yeah I've heard about this show, it sounds really exciting, especially given Alan's going to be in it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 04:01 PM   #146
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Guy doesn't need a wife and a daughter, and Baz and Cruz don't need to be alive. Where did they find these writers? On Craigslist?

Jesus H. Christ.

"I know! Let's soften Guy. That will make him cool, like we are. We can't have any rogue male hormones running around in this show. That would be -- *shudder!* -- horrifying."

So Green Lantern, incredibly, becomes about Baz, Cruz and a neutered Guy. And I bet you anything that Alan will be gay.

When Stan Lee did something new, he would put on the cover of the comic, "Because you demanded it!" That attitude is long gone now, replaced by, "Because you needed it!"

And no matter how many times its "woke" bullshit flops, the entertainment industry is always eager to try it again. Just like Bullwinkle with his magic hat.

Bullwinkle: Hey Rock. Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Rocky: But that trick never works.

Bullwinkle: This time for sure! Presto!... Hmm.. I gotta get another hat.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-11-2020 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #147
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

And I wouldn't be surprised if DC is putting both Hal and Kyle out to pasture, because the last thing they want is a rerun of that quarterback controversy. Besides, Hal and Kyle are both straight white males.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #148
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
And I bet you anything that Alan will be gay.
Safe bet, since they announced that from the get go, and have emphasized it in every bit of press they put out...
Old 12-11-2020, 09:26 PM   #149
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

And they're replacing Hal with John. Are there any PC boxes they haven't checked with this? I can't think of any.

Just fucking wretched.

Well, let's see how this works out for them.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:01 PM   #150
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
And I wouldn't be surprised if DC is putting both Hal and Kyle out to pasture, because the last thing they want is a rerun of that quarterback controversy. Besides, Hal and Kyle are both straight white males.
"Too problematic."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote