2013 SDCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al- View Post
    My group got the 4 day WITHOUT preview night. This is the first time in 11 years I will not be attending preview night.
    Man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that. I would have thought they would give folks that have attended the event for that many years in a row priority registration and automatic 4 day/w preview night badge.

Originally posted by UltimateFighter View Post
    Like Darth, I considered going into the office since the connection is faster than home but I figure this whole "only previous attendee" deal was going to make it a little less chaotic and favorable. Hell No! This is a load of shit. Has it come to the point of who has the fastest internet connection? Believe me, at general sales, I will be pulling out all the stops. I'm pissed. I got to stop thinking about it.
    I don't know if being at worked helped out that much because I've reading on ComicCon's FB page that people were at home and able to get ahead in the line. I believe it was luck of the draw.

But I may try again during the general ticket sales to get preview night.

Originally posted by plastroncafe View Post
    At this point my only real concern is where I'm staying, and being able to get all four of my day passes printed at once, so I'm not standing in that line every morning.
    Hotel is definitely my next real concern. Although where I ended up this year wasn't all that bad, I still preferred to be closer to the event because when you line up for anything every minute counts.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Recived my confirmation and bar code.

The email also notes you can pick up all you single day badges on Wednesday at T&C between 3 and 8 pm.

If you purchased multiple daily badges you may pick up all of your daily badges at the location(s) designated for your earliest daily badge indicated above. Daily badges not picked up by the badge day will not be honored for an alternate day - No exceptions.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Received my barcode today too. I wonder what preview night will look like next year and how many people will be walking the exhibition hall that day.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Preview night won't look as good without all of us there.

But, I'll try again to get preview night when passes are available to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
            Preview night won't look as good without all of us there.
            Great Fun way to put it!!

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
            But, I'll try again to get preview night when passes are available to the general public.

Come general sales, let's do like I read so many others did and all get in the epic line and help each other out. Hey, if I'm that lucky bastard that gets to the front and assume they allow multiple purchases, I'm happy to hook you, Sylent and whoever else needs what days. Should have done that this time but did not realize it would be like this.

Anyways, nothing I can do or worry about until the next sale. I'm moving on ... until the next sale then I'll stress again! Like Sylent said, would have gladly gave up a night's sleep to not worry about this madness!

Comment

I'm just going to wait and enjoy WonderCon! Oh wait, I hear Moscone not's done with their renovation so it's going to be in Anaheim again

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateFighter View Post
                I'm just going to wait and enjoy WonderCon! Oh wait, I hear Moscone not's done with their renovation so it's going to be in Anaheim again
                Source?

I really wouldn't doubt if this happened. WC made a considerable amount more money just by being in Anaheim. No biggie. I'll just go to Emerald City again.

Comment

I would probably go to Anaheim for WonderCon since I wasn't able to go there last year.

Comment

Wondercon in Anaheim was pretty good. Seemed smaller than I imagined.

I had heard that CCI was going to combine Wondercon and APE in San Fran and do a new show in Anaheim as an extension to SDCC.

Can't recall where I heard it, though.

Comikaze is in Sept, though. Anyone else going?

Comment

Comic con to stay in San Diego through 2016

http://kfmb.m0bl.net/w/main/story/76903993/

They added another year to their current contract.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

That's awesome news. However, with passes getting more difficult to obtain year after year, who knows if I'll even be able to attend.

Comment

I guess we should bump this to the top and get the blood flowing.

Comic Con just released info on Early Bird Hotels ...

Comic-Con 2013 Early Bird Hotel Sale Opens Wednesday, January 23!

Here's the link to their official site/word ... http://www.comic-con.org/cci/hotels

It starts....

Comment

Yeah, the only Hotels released were Airport and I believe Hotel Circle. The downtown Hotels will be released at a later date.

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

Hoping to get back into my original hotel at Town & Country
                                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X