Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

15 Minutes with The Kid Lantern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Minutes with The Kid Lantern

Welcome to The Kid Lantern's 15 Minutes

Welcome all to The Kid Lantern's 15 Minutes. Here are a few questions to get us started. Remember the more questions you answer the more people will participate and vice versa.

And....here...we......GO!!...

Current Favorite TV Show?

Which comic book universe would you live in?

Would you be an Earthbender, Waterbender, Airbender or Firebender?
    Lantern A-train
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Lantern A-train; 08-06-2014, 05:24 PM.
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

How'd you get started in messing around with micros?

What do you think of Kyle's current direction in the comics?

Favorite iteration of Kyle Rayner?

Comment

Do you have any new micros coming up?

Did anyone get you into making micros, did you just stumble across them by accident, or what (yeah I know it's a similar question to Fearless' but.....)

Are you on any micro forums?

How did you develop your micro style?

Any favourite micro makers (other than you) around the net?

Any music or bands you really like but know you shouldn't and doesn't really go with what else you usually like?

Any favourite clothes in particular?

What's the weirdest or wildest hairstyle you've ever had?

Was there ever anyone really creepy in your class at school?

Favourite film/s?

What colour/s is your desktop (on your computer)?
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
        Current Favorite TV Show?

Which comic book universe would you live in?

Would you be an Earthbender, Waterbender, Airbender or Firebender?
        Hands down it's Arrow.

Marvel, because then my chance at a live action movie is greater LOL

IDK the powers of them all exactly, but I'll go with Earthbender.

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
        How'd you get started in messing around with micros?

What do you think of Kyle's current direction in the comics?

Favorite iteration of Kyle Rayner?
        Originally I fooled around with Bruce Timm style animated like artwork, just editing other people's stuff to make it look perfect. Then I got into making skins for the Freedom Force game while a few old acquaintances MOD'ed the fuck out of the game and some of them eventually went on to have a hand in developing X-Men Legends 1&2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2. After seeing some "mikey3000 cosmic teams" DC site that featured micros I got into making them and a few of my better ones based off of the original micro bases [something like 10 years ago] were even featured on the site. Among them was an awesome Rick Tyler Hourman, the then recently rebooted Hawkman, and a few Justice League Elite micros as well as a couple Kyle Rayners...

Kyle's current direction is taking bits from Hal's adventures and expanding them until it's vomit inducing. Hal was with the New Guardian's originally, wore almost every color ring, became a White Lantern. Wash, rinse, reuse with Kyle... personally I'd have made him a Blue Lantern long term if I just HAD to make him different. Now I just want him back in green.

My favorite take on Kyle will always be Ron Marz' take when he was still in green. However I loved the Hand of God arc by Winick and Eaglesham to the point I used to have the first half of issue #149 memorized I read it so many times.

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
        Do you have any new micros coming up?

Did anyone get you into making micros, did you just stumble across them by accident, or what (yeah I know it's a similar question to Fearless' but.....)

Are you on any micro forums?

How did you develop your micro style?

Any favourite micro makers (other than you) around the net?

Any music or bands you really like but know you shouldn't and doesn't really go with what else you usually like?

Any favourite clothes in particular?

What's the weirdest or wildest hairstyle you've ever had?

Was there ever anyone really creepy in your class at school?

Favourite film/s?

What colour/s is your desktop (on your computer)?
        I've got a ton of new micros more based off of original ideas and concepts. I just finished my take on Firestorm Beyond actually, may post some later today after work...

Think I covered your second ? up above.

Not a member of any micro forums, I just don't have the time. But a few of the older guys probably know me...

Over the last 10 years or so. But it didn't really become 'my style' until I made my own set of bases.

My friend Aro never ceases to amaze me, and another guy I got into it who uses the handle Lord Wraith usually does some pretty good work but it's usually Batman/vigilante related or for some random RPG...

I like almost every type of music. However back in the day I used to sing Backstreet Boys to chicks to woo them. Not much N'Sync though, if somebody would've told me ten years ago Justin Timberlake would own Myspace and be one of the top performers today I'd have thought your weed was better than mine.

My sleeveless Kyle Rayner crab-mask costume t-shirt I lounge in and an old Boy's & Girls Club Wrestling shirt I kept from my first year wrestling Roman Greco style back in the 3rd grade. Of course I can't wear the 2nd one anymore but...

Weirdest hairstyle I ever had I did when I was in high school on a bet. My hair was getting the longest it had ever been before I got out of school and actually grew it down to my shoulders. A friend bet me I wouldn't do something crazy and it was during the time when I used to get a lot of sun and looked like the white dude from Milli Vanilli [who most thought was just another black guy LOL], so I put blue coloring in it and had a girl braid it and put bells on the ends. The next day in school I won the $20 bet and while running around the gym for wellness class everyone sang jingle bells.

Yeah a few people. But sadly they went on to live boring and dull lives. The people who actually had character went downhill though and the captain of the cheerleading squad was in the local Busted paper recently for breaking and entering, theft, and was on the most wanted list for 2 weeks. I'm not gonna lie though, back then I was kinda moody and emo before emo was even a term. I'd just quit wrestling, sold questionable substances to other classmates, became a bit of an asshole, and got involved with some slutty women for a bit. I know people were scared and intimidated by me, especially sitting in the back of the classroom and not paying much attention at all but still getting good grades. Some probably thought I was the creepy one...

Favorite films include Pulp Fiction, the Breakfast Club, John Wayne's El Dorado with James Kaan playing 'Mississippi', the Dark Knight, and probably Sin City.

Desktop currently has a Cyclops/Wolverine wallpaper of them tearing apart some Sentinels. IDK why, I'm not that big into the X-Men or Wolverine.

~KL~
        Ωmega Man
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Ωmega Man; 05-11-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I've got a ton of new micros more based off of original ideas and concepts. I just finished my take on Firestorm Beyond actually, may post some later today after work...
          Awesome, I'll look forward to them!
          Think I covered your second ? up above.
          Cool! Sweet origin story! I never knew you were one of the original micro makers.
          Not a member of any micro forums, I just don't have the time. But a few of the older guys probably know me...
          Ah right. I'm currently on two. There's lots of newer styles lately. Some weeks things are slow and others lots happen.
          Over the last 10 years or so. But it didn't really become 'my style' until I made my own set of bases.
          That's what I meant..........
          My friend Aro never ceases to amaze me, and another guy I got into it who uses the handle Lord Wraith usually does some pretty good work but it's usually Batman/vigilante related or for some random RPG...
          Ah yeah, Aro does some good stuff! I just wish he'd do more. I think I might have heard of someone called Wraith actually.
          I like almost every type of music. However back in the day I used to sing Backstreet Boys to chicks to woo them. Not much N'Sync though, if somebody would've told me ten years ago Justin Timberlake would own Myspace and be one of the top performers today I'd have thought your weed was better than mine.
          Cool!
          My sleeveless Kyle Rayner crab-mask costume t-shirt I lounge in and an old Boy's & Girls Club Wrestling shirt I kept from my first year wrestling Roman Greco style back in the 3rd grade. Of course I can't wear the 2nd one anymore but...
          Nice!
          Weirdest hairstyle I ever had I did when I was in high school on a bet. My hair was getting the longest it had ever been before I got out of school and actually grew it down to my shoulders. A friend bet me I wouldn't do something crazy and it was during the time when I used to get a lot of sun and looked like the white dude from Milli Vanilli [who most thought was just another black guy LOL], so I put blue coloring in it and had a girl braid it and put bells on the ends. The next day in school I won the $20 bet and while running around the gym for wellness class everyone sang jingle bells.
          Hahaha, lol! I tend to keep my hair short. Right now mine looks a bit like Sebastian Blood's from Arrow.
          Yeah a few people. But sadly they went on to live boring and dull lives. The people who actually had character went downhill though and the captain of the cheerleading squad was in the local Busted paper recently for breaking and entering, theft, and was on the most wanted list for 2 weeks. I'm not gonna lie though, back then I was kinda moody and emo before emo was even a term. I'd just quit wrestling, sold questionable substances to other classmates, became a bit of an asshole, and got involved with some slutty women for a bit. I know people were scared and intimidated by me, especially sitting in the back of the classroom and not paying much attention at all but still getting good grades. Some probably thought I was the creepy one...
          lol. I know a few creepies myself.
          Favorite films include Pulp Fiction, the Breakfast Club, John Wayne's El Dorado with James Kaan playing 'Mississippi', the Dark Knight, and probably Sin City.
          Good selection.
          Desktop currently has a Cyclops/Wolverine wallpaper of them tearining apart some Sentinels. IDK why, I'm not that big into the X-Men or Wolverine.
          lol. I tend to keep my desktop plain. Usually standard wallpaper graphics such as storms and vortex's. I used to have a purple one with matching taskbar but now I changed it to a dirty dull pink with a slight more "bubble" like feel.
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

1. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a deserted island and could take 5 books, 5 movies, and 5 albums (with a mysterious ability to play the last 10), what would you choose?

2. If you could instantly learn a language you don't currently know, what would it be?

3. If you could have dinner with anyone from the past, who would you pick?

4. If you could choose your own death, what would it be?

5. If you could have an exotic pet (money for upkeep is not an issue), what would you like?

6. Do you have a guilty pleasure movie?

7. What is your favorite food?

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
            ...Favorite films include Pulp Fiction, the Breakfast Club, John Wayne's El Dorado with James Kaan playing 'Mississippi', the Dark Knight, and probably Sin City...
            I like all those movies, though Pulp Fiction is probably the only one that might make my top 10 or so. I have Breakfast Club poster hanging in my basement:

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              1. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a deserted island and could take 5 books, 5 movies, and 5 albums (with a mysterious ability to play the last 10), what would you choose?

2. If you could instantly learn a language you don't currently know, what would it be?

3. If you could have dinner with anyone from the past, who would you pick?

4. If you could choose your own death, what would it be?

5. If you could have an exotic pet (money for upkeep is not an issue), what would you like?

6. Do you have a guilty pleasure movie?

7. What is your favorite food?

I like all those movies, though Pulp Fiction is probably the only one that might make my top 10 or so. I have Breakfast Club poster hanging in my basement:

Five books: dictionary, a couple of the Odd Thomas books, and a couple graphic novels if that's an option.
              Five movies: see above, there were five LOL
              Five albums: I'd want mixed CDs with stuff from Hendrix, the Beatles, CCR, Clapton, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

French. I passed with a D in high school but I'd love to know it fluently.

Jack Kirby.

I thought at one point after I was married and happy that I wanted to just go of natural causes watching Family Guy during a point when the last thing I saw before dying was my wife laughing and smiling. When I told her this she got offended and said she couldn't make it without me and that she'd hope she died first and suddenly decided she didn't like watching Family Guy. So now IDK how to answer this. I hope I'm at peace and sleeping beforehand.

A ninja turtle, but not really teenaged or mutated. Just a giant turtle that looks like a ninja LOL

Coraline.

Anything Italian

~KL~

Comment

What country are you in?

What do you think of Rick Astley?

Favourite Rick Astley song?

Favourite Michael Jackson song?

Duran Duran or a-ha?

Depeche Mode or Japan?

Marilyn Manson or KoRn?

Ketchup or Salad Cream?

Compost or mud?

Elephants or Mammoths?

Grey or white?

Brown or puce?

Day or night?

Star Trek or Star Wars?

Would you ever give me up, let me down, mess me around or loose me?

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                  What country are you in?

What do you think of Rick Astley?

Favourite Rick Astley song?

Favourite Michael Jackson song?

Duran Duran or a-ha?

Depeche Mode or Japan?

Marilyn Manson or KoRn?

Ketchup or Salad Cream?

Compost or mud?

Elephants or Mammoths?

Grey or white?

Brown or puce?

Day or night?

Star Trek or Star Wars?

Would you ever give me up, let me down, mess me around or loose me?
                  'Merica

Dunno who that is...

See above.

Dirty Diana

A ha

DM (I like Glitch Mob better though), no idea who Japan is unless you mean the country...

Manson

Neither

Mud

Mammoths

White

Brown

Night

Star Trek

Yep.

~KL~

Comment

You don't know who Rick Astley is? HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!
                    + YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I don't blame you for not knowing Japan though, they're an old band from the early 80s.
                    + YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

Might as well ask my favorite doughnut question...

What's your favorite doughnut?

and

What movie(s) do you like that is(are) widely regarded as bad?

What is your favorite board (or card) game?

Comment

Favorite batmobile?
                        Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          Might as well ask my favorite doughnut question...

What's your favorite doughnut?

and

What movie(s) do you like that is(are) widely regarded as bad?

What is your favorite board (or card) game?
                          Favorite doughnut is Krispy Kreme chocolate glaze w/cream filling.

Favorite bad movies include the original Swamp Thing, Batfleck's Daredevil [uncut], Half Baked [idk if it's regarded as bad but it does get stupid even for stoners...], and when I can stand watching Batman & Robin with the wife it's not bad. Probably the closest thing to a live action Nightwing we'll ever get... kinda funny looking back. Everyone said it'd be a perfect Nightwing costume if the red was switched to blue and the cape was ditched. But w/o the cape in red it looked very New52...

Shoots and Ladders and/or Poker.

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
                            Favorite batmobile?
                            Just got the new Hotwheels Batmobile for my son a few weeks back. I thought it was pretty slick...

~KL~

Comment

So was I too far down the 15 minute list and the threads have just lost steam, or does nobody have questions? If I had a buzz it would've been killed...

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                              X