Suicide Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    If Batman v. Superman can have its own thread so can this (besides the WB thread isn't working at the moment anyways). Tazz had the casting announcement in the movie thread but in case y'all haven't seen it yet here it is:
    • Jared Leto – The Joker
    • Will Smith – Deadshot
    • Tom Hardy – Rick Flagg
    • Margot Robbie – Harley Quinn
    • Jai Courtney – Boomerang
    • Cara Delevingne – Enchantress

And apparently Oprah is WB's top choice for Waller with Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer also under consideration.

So...gut reactions on the casting choices? For me it's definitely positive, not overwhelmingly so, but definitely more positive than negative. I am intrigued by the potential of this movie.
    I'm completely sold on this cast. I had a "moment" when I saw Jared Leto was cast as Joker. He's one of my favorite actors, and my favorite musician, being in 30 Seconds To Mars (my favorite band), and I will love seeing what he brings to the movie.
    I get fanboys getting picky about Will Smith as Deadshot, but it's WILL SMITH.
    I love Tom Hardy, and him being in the movie is awesome.
    I think Margot Robbie will be good as Harley Quinn
    Seeing some of Jai Courtney's previous stuff, I'm psyched to see what he'll bring it.
    I'm definitely interested to see what Cara Delevingne brings to the movie as Enchantress.

I've also just heard (as in literally like a minute ago) that Aiden Gillen is being considered to play Deathstroke. If he does turn out to play Deathstroke, that another reason for me to see the movie, as he's awesome.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
    When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

Too much nU Squad. It needs to be packed with more Ostrander goodness. Aiden Gillen would make a better Deadshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
        Too much nU Squad. It needs to be packed with more Ostrander goodness. Aiden Gillen would make a better Deadshot.
        I'm good for any excuse for a live action Harley Quinn. Anyway, even before the new 52, Ostrander's SS wasn't the first or last. That group has a less defined lineup than even Justice League.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          That group has a less defined lineup than even Justice League.
          This is true. One thing that bugs me about super teams is that over time their roster histories turn to crap over time. That's one reason I prefer to end the JSA and JLA's "real" histories at CoIE. They both have pretty goo and pretty clear histories of what was and who wasn't on their roster. And no rebooted characters or timelines involved. The Squad have had a lot of hosebags associated with them after Ostrander. Some not even in their own comic, but when other writers used the concept for guest appearances.

Comment

Well, it seems to me like having a team like Suicide Squad have a stable roster is actually kind of working AGAINST the whole concept, and really stretches credibility. The Justice League with a stable roster? Makes sense. A bunch of criminals tossed together on a team to seek reduced sentences by agreeing to go on horribly dangerous undercover missions with no official support? For that concept to result in a stable roster seems...very unlikely on the face of it, doesn't it?

Comment

Dave I forbid you from using "Real" in a post from this point on.

Comment

Well I really hope Will Smith can do white trash really well ,cause its not Floyd Lawton otherwise.

Sig made by Zander Yurami

Comment

Sorry about that, for Suicide Squad, I don't mean to say stable roster as much as a sensible roster. Did anyone NOT groan with Sgt Rock in the Suicide Squad? Or Mongul?

But otherwise, yeah, the very nature of the concept of the Squad requires lots of D list cannon fodder.

Comment

By name alone, there's no way the "Suicide Squad" could have stable membership anyway. One or two of them always get captured, crippled or killed during the mission, although it's usually the lesser-known characters.
                    Sylent_Asassin
                    Black Lantern
                    Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 12-03-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure why, but I'm unexplainably excited for Will Smith to get a crack at Deadshot. Not because I think he's spot-on correct for the character, mind you, but... I miss Will Smith being in good movies. This flick has the potential to be good, at the very least.

Jared Leto as Joker... I like that one for much clearer reasons than Will Smith as Deadshot. Leto's got genuine talent, and I'm sure he'll be great in the role.

As for Waller... C.C.H. Pounder, Viola Davis, all solid picks. Oprah, less-so.

Comment

I think Oprah is a solid pick, in terms of her ability to act, and therefore pull off the role (while also being able to look the part pretty well). I just have serious doubts that she would be at all interested. The others also seem like solid picks, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          I think Oprah is a solid pick, in terms of her ability to act, and therefore pull off the role (while also being able to look the part pretty well). I just have serious doubts that she would be at all interested. The others also seem like solid picks, too.

Well, as far as interest goes, Oprah strikes me as the type of person who wouldn't commit to something without total say in how she is portrayed, how her character is portrayed, etc. That said, I've never really seen her act, so hold it against me if you must, but I just don't feel like she'd be right for the part.

Comment

I'm worried about the property becoming a Batman spinoff. Both the current comic and the movie are dancing dangerously close to getting swallowed up and becoming yet another satellite Bat title. It wouldn't take more than a slight breeze to push it over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                              I'm worried about the property becoming a Batman spinoff. Both the current comic and the movie are dancing dangerously close to getting swallowed up and becoming yet another satellite Bat title. It wouldn't take more than a slight breeze to push it over the edge.
                              We can never have enough Batman. If you watched Flash last night, THAT was freaking Batman, not Arrow. BATMAN! Batman Batman Batman! Na-na-na-na-na-na BATMAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                                I agree with that. She was great in the Shield.

I just realized that the Suicide Squad animated film featured the fat, pre N52 version of Amanda Waller, and not the 'Barbie's best Black friend' version that we're seeing in the books now.
                                yea she also plays a take no shit da on sons of anarchy currently

im still pacing with shield because after sons final episode next week ill be bindge watching. im like on season 2 already
                                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                X