The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 02-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #26
Synch
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoat2337 View Post
I think we missed the DCBS preorder on the Red one too. I was gonna order mine next week but I don't see it listed anymore.
Oh I preordered t hat one right away when it was out... was not going to make the same mistake twice lol & plenty of time between now & then to save up

Also wow! Topic whores much!? get over your selfs! If its not on the first page don't expect people to know or care about it let alone about a topic started in 2010 :S

Last edited by Synch; 02-22-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Synch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #27
stoat2337
Corps Honor Guard

???
One you'll never play again I'm sure...
stoat2337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #28
GLC2814.4

Just ordered it, and will get the red one too, my OCD will not allow for gaps!!

Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #29
MisfitLantern
Guy's Drinking Buddy

I just recently got my hands on the full sozed hal jordan! I cant wait for my sinestro bttery to come in this week!!!!!! and the red one is gonna blow my brains out with excitement when it's released!!!!

oh and the movie battery is pretty sick too
MisfitLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #30
Anthos
Alan's Drycleaner

I'm getting this, I can't wait for it!
Anthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #31
gl2814h
Hal's Understudy

My Sinestro battery just arrived.....Its nice, well painted. I thought these were metal like the last JLA Trophy Room battery but I guess I should have read the description better it clearly says resin. No big deal i guess. I am a little sad that the ring is not metal. The ring is just one of the promo rings with a magnet in it to light the battery.

The battery has a nice weight to it and the paint job looks great. There are a few blimishes but thats normal for dc direct. Some are with the cast of the battery and some are small bubbles in the paint, nothing to noticable though. One bad thing is hopefully the led or circuit board never go bad...I am not sure if repairing it is possible. Mine had some excess resin inside so I removed the bottom cover.

And without further delay pictures...

gl2814h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #32
Jack T. Chance
Really knows where his towel is!

Location: The Planet Garnet, AKA "Hellhole", Space Sector 0017
Thumbs down

Oh good Gord! I was hoping it was going to be the metallic gold color they used on the prototype, as seen in the pictures Geoff Johns sent out on Twitter. That thing is WAAAY too yellow!

I hope it looks better in person, because if not, I'm REALLY disappointed. I may end up reselling it on eBay once the value goes up a bit if it looks as bad in person as it does in that pic.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #33
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

You took the bottom off?!?
Old 02-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #34
gl2814h
Hal's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
You took the bottom off?!?
Hell yeah! That's what I do!

The picture are were taken with an iphone. I think it looks ok in person. It should be yellow.... I think it will look good with the GL battery next to it.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #35
Zander Yurami
Fear is Power

What a waste of money. I can make 4 that looks just as good, no...better, than this for that price.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #36
MisfitLantern
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Oh good Gord! I was hoping it was going to be the metallic gold color they used on the prototype, as seen in the pictures Geoff Johns sent out on Twitter. That thing is WAAAY too yellow!

I hope it looks better in person, because if not, I'm REALLY disappointed. I may end up reselling it on eBay once the value goes up a bit if it looks as bad in person as it does in that pic.
I'm with you on the metallic gold, They should've used metallic GOLD!!! or like the prototype pic I posted looks phenomenal why not just go with that?

I'm a little let down too, but still happy nonetheless. Well at least we know the red one won't let us down in the slightest unless they give it some horrible dull red paint job
Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #37
gl2814h
Hal's Understudy

I think a lot of the problem might be the lighting.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #38
MisfitLantern
Guy's Drinking Buddy

yeah, well I assume the LED would have a long lifetime, and so long as it's not left on day and night it should last for a long time. The day it goes out will be a very unfortunate day indeed
Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #39
stoat2337
Corps Honor Guard

My only disappointment thus far is the ring. Prolly won't get mine for a week yet, but I am sure I won't be disappointed once it arrives.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:22 AM   #40
MisfitLantern
Guy's Drinking Buddy

In a little sad they dint make the ring better looking, and the battery not being more like the prototype disappoints me too
Old 02-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #41
stoat2337
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectremjm View Post
Yep, I had mine pre-ordered since last year. According to a friend of mine, it isn't too late to pre-order the Red Lantern battery even though they have the newer solicits up now. I would assume you have to call to do it though.
Thanks for the advice, Spectre. I was able to pre-order via email to the DCBS customer service for those who are still interested. You do need to set up an account prior though, and they can add the pre-order to your profile. $244 shipped
Old 02-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #42
Synch

oh damn is the red one going to be plastic as well ?.. I just assumed these things were metal for the price.... what a fucking rip off good gosh!
Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #43
Anthos
Alan's Drycleaner

Mine is coming in a week, but I stopped by a LCS last night and saw this in person. It sure is really yellow, but it doesn't give off a "plastic" kind of appearance. The ring is like the Hal Jordan 1st edition I have, not very heavy.

One thing I did notice, on this piece at least, is the paint apps around the joints were very sloppy. Particularly so on the cylinder pieces that show the light which join to the main part of the battery. Hopefully this was not the norm for the piece, I'll check mine when it gets here.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #44
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthos View Post
Mine is coming in a week, but I stopped by a LCS last night and saw this in person. It sure is really yellow, but it doesn't give off a "plastic" kind of appearance. The ring is like the Hal Jordan 1st edition I have, not very heavy.

One thing I did notice, on this piece at least, is the paint apps around the joints were very sloppy. Particularly so on the cylinder pieces that show the light which join to the main part of the battery. Hopefully this was not the norm for the piece, I'll check mine when it gets here.
Great... the only other power battery I REALLY wanted (after the original GL Hal Jordan Power Battery Prop that was released in 2000, which I own) and they go and mess it up. What, I ask you, was wrong with this color?

I expected it to look like that, with the ring colored to match. If it doesn't, I'm going to hang onto it just long enough for the GL fever created by the movie to drive up the price, and then I'm gonna resell it on eBay for a profit. After that, I'll probably end up commissioning someone here to make me one that's colored the RIGHT way.

Probably just as well, though. Since DC Direct went with resin AGAIN, instead of the far superior cold cast porcelain that was used on the power battery I own, I expect these Sinestro Corps Power Batteries will have the same exact problem of paint cracking/chipping that was experienced on the Alan Scott and Abin Sur Power Batteries, which were also made of resin. There's obviously a serious flaw with the type of resin DC Direct uses, and I doubt they've seen fit to correct the problem.

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 02-25-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #45
Anthos
Alan's Drycleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
Great... the only other power battery I REALLY wanted (after the original GL Hal Jordan Power Battery Prop that was released in 2000, which I own) and they go and mess it up. What, I ask you, was wrong with this color?

I expected it to look like that, with the ring colored to match. If it doesn't, I'm going to hang onto it just long enough for the GL fever created by the movie to drive up the price, and then I'm gonna resell it on eBay for a profit. After that, I'll probably end up commissioning someone here to make me one that's colored the RIGHT way.

Probably just as well, though. Since DC Direct went with resin AGAIN, instead of the far superior cold cast porcelain that was used on the power battery I own, I expect these Sinestro Corps Power Batteries will have the same exact problem of paint cracking/chipping that was experienced on the Alan Scott and Abin Sur Power Batteries, which were also made of resin. There's obviously a serious flaw with the type of resin DC Direct uses, and I doubt they've seen fit to correct the problem.
I can tell you that the finished product looks nothing like that pic, sorry.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #46
Jack T. Chance

Thumbs down

Quote:
I can tell you that the finished product looks nothing like that pic, sorry.
Yeah, that's obvious from the pics that gl2814h posted. What an epic FAIL on DC Direct's part.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #47
Anthos
Alan's Drycleaner

It's almost as if the yellow used would more accurately reflect the comic color, but the pics shown at the show would be a more "true life" representation. Just my thought.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #48
Jack T. Chance

Exclamation

Quote:
It's almost as if the yellow used would more accurately reflect the comic color, but the pics shown at the show would be a more "true life" representation. Just my thought.
And it's the right thought. It has been stated in the comic many times that the yellow power rings are made out of yellow metal... sometimes with a yellow gem, sometimes all metal, but yellow metal, nonetheless.

Anyone that knows the least bit about metals in real life knows that yellow metals are NOT lemon yellow. In real life, yellow metals look like GOLD or BRASS, which means they are GOLDEN in color. And DC Direct KNOWS this, or at least they used to, back when they made their high-end replicas of Sinestro's Yellow Power Ring (Version 2):

Notice how the band is gold-plated/chromed/whatever? That's because that's how it's SUPPOSED to look!

But it's alright. I'll just resell this abomination and use the money to buy DC Direct's Movie version of the GL Power Battery, which I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise.

The worst part is this was likely my ONLY chance to own an officially licensed prop replica of the Sinestro Corps Power Battery, and DC Direct has wasted the opportunity that they had to offer the definitive version of this prop.

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 02-25-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Jack T. Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #49
Synch

I am really annoyed about these props now that they are plasitc .... considering that they are all plastic should the price on them not you know ... DROP!?.... I am fearing how my red lantern will look painted now ... Does anyone have any pictures of how looked at sdcc?.. If it looks like plastic crap like sinestros I'm not going to buy anymore of these. Sure I could buy them & mod them & pay someone to properly paint them for me but for the price I am already paying why should I have to ...
Old 02-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #50
JAredLantern
The 8th Soldier of Victory

Send a message via AIM to JAredLantern

thats why I'll wait til I can afford to have Hazard build me one of his. They look the same, AND I don't have to deal with shitty chinese-paint-jobs. (nothing against chinese people)

Tags
green lantern, power battery, sinestro, sinestro corps